Lomachenko vs. Sosa

He should fight that mexican guy who beat vargas.

Berchelt you mean. He said after beating Vargas that he wanted to fight his mandatory next. His mandatory is Miura. If you can drum up enough fan support then I'll start his GoFundMe page for him to fight Loma. They can't say the $ isn't right then.

Maybe then Loma can fight the guy who took the split decision over him.

Maybe then Loma can fight the guy who took the split decision over him.
i think salido isn't too interested in that fight, unless they pay him a shitton of money. which i kind of doubt they will.

Typical Lomachenko numbers.

HBO will never hit 1 million viewer average without GGG or Crawford. Even Crawford last fight was 800k viewers

I agree about him playing ref. He's there to be caught when doing that. You would think his team would be smart enough to point it out because this has happened before. B-Hop did with the commentary so maybe they'll actually listen to it and heed the advice.

I'm pretty certain he does that because of what happened in the Salido fight where he didn't even make so much as a gesture toward the referee. As a result Salido was able to get away with landing over 100 low blows. NOW Lomachenko does the complete opposite and makes a big song and dance to the referee if something occurs. I think it's a case of over compensating.

Typical Lomachenko numbers.

HBO will never hit 1 million viewer average without GGG or Crawford. Even Crawford last fight was 800k viewers

This was only the third card that Lomachenko has headlined and it sounds to me like your numbers are wrong as usual. Either "Big D" lied to you or you're shilling for SHO hard lol. Saturday night against Sosa, who most American fans don't even know and was their last resort (their third option, Salido was first & then Corrales, but Sosa stepped up after they declined the offers), the viewership still increased but only by 9%. Still, their fight peaked at almost 900K viewers & averaged 832K. A Salido rematch could probably average 1 million viewers or around there. Salido-Vargas won FOTY last year and Lomachenko has a history with Orlando. There's a storyline there. Salido has a lot of fans and Lomachenko is gaining more American fans quickly.

The highest-rated fight to air on premium cable this year before Lomachenko-Sosa was Showtime’s broadcast of Adrien Broner-Adrian Granados. Broner’s 10-round, split-decision win against Granados peaked at 859,000 viewers and averaged 779,000 on February 18 from Cincinnati.

Lomachenko-Sosa also was by far the most-watched live bout HBO has televised this year. The previous high for the four live fights HBO televised this year was the peak viewership for David Lemieux’s spectacular third-round knockout of Curtis Stevens (672,000) on March 11 from Verona, New York.

The 29-year-old Lomachenko’s last fight on HBO, another dominant performance against former featherweight champion Nicholas Walters, drew a peak audience of 761,000 on November 26 from Las Vegas.

The first two fights HBO aired Saturday night also out-performed the network’s first two live main events in 2017.

An average audience of 690,000 watched Ukrainian light heavyweight contender Oleksandr Gvozdyk (13-0, 11 KOs) stop Cuba’s Yunieski Gonzalez (18-3, 14 KOs) in the third round. The Gvozdyk-Gonzalez bout peaked at 702,000 viewers.

The opener of HBO’s three-fight telecast, Aleksandr Usyk’s unanimous-decision defeat of Las Vegas’ Michael Hunter (12-1, 8 KOs), was watched by an average of 679,000 viewers. Peak viewership was 774,000 at one point as the unbeaten Usyk (12-0, 10 KOs) defended his WBO world cruiserweight championship in a 12-rounder.
Lomachenko-Sosa Peaked at 886K Viewers on HBO; Averaged 832K

I'm pretty certain he does that because of what happened in the Salido fight where he didn't even make so much as a gesture toward the referee. As a result Salido was able to get away with landing over 100 low blows. NOW Lomachenko does the complete opposite and makes a big song and dance to the referee if something occurs. I think it's a case of over compensating.

Yeah. I agree with you that that's most likely why he does it, I'm sure of it, but I don't want him getting caught one of these days when he's looking right at the ref. He should get out of range or clinch and be smarter about how he signals the ref in the future is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Yeah. I agree with you that that's most likely why he does it, I'm sure of it, but I don't want him getting caught one of these days when he's looking right at the ref. He should get out of range or clinch and be smarter about how he signals the ref in the future is all I'm saying.
Maybe he's still an amateur in complaining. He is pretty new to it. Hopefully he sorts this out before he does get caught.

Back