Lomachenko vs. Sosa

aries

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone else watch this fight? I thought Sosa did pretty well in this fight and was causing Lomcahenko to miss quite badly at times. The end was pretty similar to a few of his other matches where you can see the end is coming but somehow the guy is surviving. I think it would have been stopped in another round at most.

Now I just want to see Lomachenko in a fight where he is going to be more tested. No offence to Sosa but he just wasn't on the level necessary despite how game he was.

Yeah this wasn't going to be a big test for Loma. I remembered Sosa as the guy who got dominated by Walters and got one of the worst draws I've ever seen.

Loma is a great talent, at this point now that he's more seasoned as a pro it's going to take a really special opponent to truly test him. Gary Russell Jr and the Axe Man should have been tough fights for him but obviously they had nothing for him.

I just posted in the Hunter/Usyk thread, but...

I'm so old. I fell asleep in the 7th of the Loma fight, I think it was. Lucky to make that. Just watched the DVR and Sosa was game as fuck, but TOTALLY outclassed.
Man, Vasyl Lomachenko is such a damn technician. All that ammy experience combined with good speed and athleticism and he looks good.
I will say I see a couple posts above and now they're talking after the fight on this broadcast like Crawford and Garcia and I really think both of those are a ladder step up from Sosa, right? Like several levels above Sosa. I vote we see both in the next year, though. Have at it!

Sosa had a strong first 3 rounds against lomo for sure. I can't remember which round it was in (already had few too many beers in the system) but I remember Sosa hitting lomo with a short hard right flush on the chin. Lomo ate that shot like nothing.

But absolute props to Sosa for being a game fighter for as long as he was able to in that fight.

it was a pretty brutal beatdown. wish the corner had stopped it earlier, he took a lot of damage.

sosa is all heart, though. his coach tells him "i'm gonna stop this unless you make something happen" and the guy goes "i'll knock him out" without flinching. he wasn't in there to lose, he came there to fight and knock lomachenko out. unfortunately for him, that just wasn't happening.

It was kind of hard to watch

I hope Soasa can bounce back, at least Walters is condidering retirement but there are still goods fights for Sosa

Vasyl murked him

Huge discrepancy in punches landed. Corner should have stopped it 1-2 rounds sooner

yeah i watched it, went pretty much as expected. Loma won every round. Sosa was game though, he did better than I expected him too. He was just not on the same level.

Some of the clowning around was funny, the bull fighter shit had me laughing

i wish vasyl didn't do that stuff, though. if you're that much better than your opponent, put him away and be done with it. don't fuck around.

i wish vasyl didn't do that stuff, though. if you're that much better than your opponent, put him away and be done with it. don't fuck around.

Exactly, it only takes away from a person's greatness. It irritated me tbh

Just be the bigger man when the other dude ain't got nothin on you

Exactly, it only takes away from a person's greatness. It irritated me tbh

Just be the bigger man when the other dude ain't got nothin on you

or go play a basketall game before the fight like roy jones jr did

You are right. And to think before the fight he was praising him for stepping up.

Sosa was outclassed. He had some luck with left hooks in the second or third round, keeping Loma from moving around to his left.
Sosa looked good in the first round too, he was comfortable with the pace. But Loma didn't start pushing until round 3 anyway.

Loma has to stop calling time outs himself, he's not a ref and he's going to get caught one of these days.

And Loma's clowning wasn't even bad. IDK why people are so annoyed with it. He also tried going easy on Sosa the last round, was super reluctant to hit him hard until Sosa tossed a bomb in the middle of the round.

Reminded me of that Chis Eubank fight that he only hit the body at a certain point because he felt bad for the other fighter.

Hope he fights Mikey sooner rather than later, then we'll know what's up.

His dad was telling him going into round 8 to finish him. He waits for his dad to tell him what to do next in between rounds. Sometimes he listens sometimes he doesn't. He was pulling his punches against Sosa when he had him on the ropes later. He was carrying the guy but it went too long. After a few rounds both of his eyes were already going to be an issue, especially the left from his jab. I agree about him playing ref. He's there to be caught when doing that. You would think his team would be smart enough to point it out because this has happened before. B-Hop did with the commentary so maybe they'll actually listen to it and heed the advice.

He wants Mikey next. He should fight Flanagan or someone like that first at Lightweight. You don't move up and fight the #1 guy in the division (imo) immediately before even fighting at that weight to see how you perform. Robert said that Loma wanted Mikey to fly out already to make the fight. lol

[timestamped]

He will school Garcia similar to the way Crawford did in the amateurs. Garcia is in a hurray to get the fight immediately as Loma is only getting every fight.

Back