Lomachenko vs jlw and lw

Those decision odds are amazing. I think I am going to open an account somewhere to throw some down on that. I have pick Loma by wreckage, but those odds...

loma could very well wreck linares if jorges face opens up. i took loma rds 7-12 at +220 as well.

loma could very well wreck linares if jorges face opens up. i took loma rds 7-12 at +220 as well.

Solid cover. Last bet I ever made was on Pacman vs Oscar. I bet on Pacman via stoppage at 9:1 and bet on Oscar at to win after the over/under, put 200 on each. Closed my account after that because I needed the money for something.

as you probably konw, douglas mother died around two weeks prior to his fight with tyson, hence, the career night.

i agree, linares tends to lose focus

but if jorge can establish the jab and fight for 12 complete rounds and his face holds up he has a shot. he asked for this fight and claims that he purposely fought his last two bouts against southpaws for this reason. i think the odds are off, linares to me is a watered down 135 version of eric morales and there is no way that a prime 130 morales is a +1000 against 130 lomachencko.

Linares sort of looks like Morales for a round or two at a time, but I think there is massive gap in overall class between the two. If Lomachenko was actually fight a prime-ish Morales (it's tough to say Morales was really in his prime above 126), then I'd probably favour Morales, but there are massive discrepancies between those two.

i tend to go with the trainers and fightersd predictions since they are usually more knowledgeable than fight fans...and they're calling it a close fight...unquestionably lomachenko is a highly skilled defensive fighter. my point is that he hasn't faced the level of comp to be considered #1 pfp...the fact he's being elevated to #1 pfp at this still relatively early stage of his career is, to me, very suspect...and it leaves him open to being exposed again as an overhyped fighter...he's basically gotta dominate EVERY fighter he faces, winning every minute of every round the way fmj did to be considered at that level. that puts a lotta undue pressure on him. but then again, he lost to salido and in the next fight he beat russell and his fans just kept on riding that bandwagon, so the loss didn't hurt his fanbase at least...if it had been floyd losing to salido, he'd be dq'd from pfp #1 for life...so far, lomachenkos level of comp has allowed him to dominate...except for salido...i can see his fans being eager to put the salido fight behind them...but i really don't think he can hurt or stop linares and if he can't do that, i think the pressure will get to him.

There is no clear p4p #1 since Ward retired and Gonzalez lost to Sor Rungvisai (actually, Sor Rungvisai has by far the best recent resume in the sport and probably deserves the moniker more than anyone), but Lomachenko has to be in the conversation even if his resume is still fairly thin. If we're talking about past performances really sullying a fighter's credibility, people should have absolutely no faith in Linares.

Linares sort of looks like Morales for a round or two at a time, but I think there is massive gap in overall class between the two. If Lomachenko was actually fight a prime-ish Morales (it's tough to say Morales was really in his prime above 126), then I'd probably favour Morales, but there are massive discrepancies between those two.

Morales vs Loma at 126 or 130 would be such an epic fight. I would probably pick Morales. Can you imagine how pissed off Morales would get is Loma tried to do any of those clowning antics? Oh my god.

Morales vs Loma at 126 or 130 would be such an epic fight. I would probably pick Morales. Can you imagine how pissed off Morales would get is Loma tried to do any of those clowning antics? Oh my god.

lol, definitely. Don't think we'd see too much clowning from Lomachenko in that matchup.

That would be crazy lol .

i think their skill sets are similar. just that linares cant go 12 complete rounds like rosado alluded too. if he does, he has a chance tonight. he wanted this fight, claimed hes wanted loma for the last two or three years, he obviously sees a path to victory. holyfield wanted tyson for years, had the fight made before tyson feigned an injury(shoulder i think)at the time the rape trial was being put together.

Loved Morales and a fan of Linares coincidentally, really hope he wins but I think Lomachenko will probably stop him. Hope I'm wrong though. Linares is definitely a tougher matchup on paper than old/undersized Rigondeaux at least.

well, rigo is also a humble and classy guy...rigo didn't want to say that it was the size difference and other factors...however, he had a hand injury which has been proven.

what you're talking about is not unusual in boxing...you come in with a plan, if plan a doesn't work, there's plan b and plan c...and eventually you turn it into a war if you feel nothing is working...crowding an opponent is one of the oldest tactics in boxing...so, to say rigo didn't see that coming means you either know nothing about how fighters and their camps strategize or you simply underestimate their ability to adapt....but if you watch a boxing match, guys adapt all the time to their opponent. you're acting like rigo had one plan and he wasn't going to veer from that plan no matter what....i'll tell you right now....that's NOT how you become a two-time gold medalist and it's NOT how you become a champ and its NOT how you dominate guys like donaire and agbeko. The point is, rigo wasn't outclassed..the fight went as expected up until he got injured...he was a smaller, older guy with injuries and inactivity...lomachenko was right....beating rigo meant nothing.

funny how fmj started his career at fw just like jmm, but he's naturally bigger than jmm whereas loma fights at 130, GRJ at 126 and loma is not naturally bigger than grj. well, that's the logic and outlook of a lomachenko fan, so i'm not surprised...

yes, tonight we'll see what happens...i'll be looking for you on this forum tomorrow.

Rigo bruised his hand! Lomachenko also busted his hand up in a fight but went on to brutalise his opponent. One bad hand is no excuse for a world class professional boxer. Absolute bullshit excuse.

You say crowding is an old tactic but why couldn't Rigondeaux not react to that and change how he was fighting?? Rigo didn't adapt at all. I'll tell you why, because what Rigo does normally works against most opponents. You don't know shit about boxing if you're claiming that Rigo knew what to do when Loma closed him down. That was the first time it's ever happened to Rigo. Normally he bamboozles opponents with his in and out boxing skills, but he couldn't do that against Loma. BS Rigo got injured, so he hurt his left hand, so fucking what! As I pointed out Loma damaged his hand in a a bout but went on to dominate his opponent, why couldn't Rigo fight through, he is after all a double Olympic gold medalist. Because he knew that he was outclassed!

As for comparing JMM vs Mayweather you can see they are different sizes when you compare their height and reach. Mayweather was 5'8" and 72" reach where as JMM was 5'7" 67". Quite obvious they were different sizes. Loma could still fight as a 126 fighter no problem. That's his natural weight. He's the same size as GRJ but he's just that much better so he fights at a higher weight to challenge himself properly. He'll be naturally the smaller man against Linares but that won't be an issue for him.

Back