Lomachenko vs jlw and lw

I think the TS is beyond ridiculous, but would anyone give prime Ward or Kovalev much credit for beating Canelo or Golovkin?
Golovkin got credit for beating Brook.

It wouldnt be the first time that someone had beaten a smaller fighter.

Golovkin got credit for beating Brook.

It wouldnt be the first time that someone had beaten a smaller fighter.

You're not wrong, I just don't think anyone would give them much credit. Does anyone in the world think that Canelo would have any chance against Andre Ward? Granted, standards seem to be far higher for Ward than most anyone else for whatever reason, but I doubt he'd get any credit.

You're not wrong, I just don't think anyone would give them much credit. Does anyone in the world think that Canelo would have any chance against Andre Ward? Granted, standards seem to be far higher for Ward than most anyone else for whatever reason, but I doubt he'd get any credit.
Its not a legacy defining win but would it be impressive to destroy him? Yes.

I'm fairly skeptical of Russel beating the shit out of Davis. He might beat him, but I doubt it would be any kind of beatdown.

Well I said that as an overstatement because I thought the OP was a troll. But after him responding to me, as well as how the thread has progressed, he backs up his point of views. If I am not mistaken @TownBiz even picked Linares in the other thread, so he sticking to his guns. Got to respect that.

I do think GRJ would beat Tank, but it would be pretty close decision. If it were a stoppage, it would likely be GRJ being stopped. I think it is a great fight that they can call the battle of the beltways (Baltimore/Washington beltway).

Well I said that as an overstatement because I thought the OP was a troll. But after him responding to me, as well as how the thread has progressed, he backs up his point of views. If I am not mistaken @TownBiz even picked Linares in the other thread, so he sticking to his guns. Got to respect that.

I do think GRJ would beat Tank, but it would be pretty close decision. If it were a stoppage, it would likely be GRJ being stopped. I think it is a great fight that they can call the battle of the beltways (Baltimore/Washington beltway).

im not going to repost videos that i linked on the betting forum of boxing trainers and fighters thinking that this fight could be close, most certainly much closer than the present 11/1 odds suggest, but you can see a clear path to victory for linares(jab,power,size) whereas such a fight like canelo against ward, kovalev or stevenson i see no clear path to victory for alvarez as even gbp judges couldnt save him as he would take a sustained beating for however long the fight lasted

Its not a legacy defining win but would it be impressive to destroy him? Yes.

It would be very expected. Canelo got completely schooled Floyd and looked mediocre against Lara, what would he does against Ward? Ward is just as skilled, and much bigger than them. Kovalev and Stevenson would beat the ginger out of him.

I don't think Rigo is a career defining win for Loma, but it is still really good. He was still undefeated and completely shut down Donaire who was in the p4p talks. Canelo already has lost, had really close decisions and a draw most thought he lost. His best win is Cotto, who was at the end of his career and already defeated multiple times.

im not going to repost videos that i linked on the betting forum of boxing trainers and fighters thinking that this fight could be close, most certainly much closer than the present 11/1 odds suggest, but you can see a clear path to victory for linares(jab,power,size) whereas such a fight like canelo against ward, kovalev or stevenson i see no clear path to victory for alvarez as even gbp judges couldnt save him as he would take a sustained beating for however long the fight lasted

of course. I hadn't mentioned Canelo yet, so not sure where that is coming from. But look at the post I just made.

11/1 odds are way to strong. I have't looked at the odds, but that is crazy. I would go with 4:1 for Loma.

I will say that Linares has a ton of talent. The huge issue is that he can never sustain those flashes of brilliance for longer than 2 rounds at a time. Maybe he'll have a career night and put it all together (a la Buster Douglas who actually has a fair amount of similarities to a guy like Linares in the sense that he was very talented, but could never sustain success for longer than a 2 rounds at a time for the most part), but it seems very, very unlikely to me. Against a guy like Lomachenko who has exceptional stamina on top of all his other qualities, it's really hard to see Linares doing anywhere near enough.

of course. I hadn't mentioned Canelo yet, so not sure where that is coming from. But look at the post I just made.

11/1 odds are way to strong. I have't looked at the odds, but that is crazy. I would go with 4:1 for Loma.

just making a comparason how i saw value with linares at 10/1 and see no value with canelo moving up to 175 at 10/1 against the current champs.

just making a comparason how i saw value with linares at 10/1 and see no value with canelo moving up to 175 at 10/1 against the current champs.

Ah, that makes sense a lot more sense. I see Linares getting wrecked, but he has a lot better shot than Canelo vs Ward. I don't belong to a sports book currently, what are the odds on a Linares DEC?

I will say that Linares has a ton of talent. The huge issue is that he can never sustain those flashes of brilliance for longer than 2 rounds at a time. Maybe he'll have a career night and put it all together (a la Buster Douglas who actually has a fair amount of similarities to a guy like Linares in the sense that he was very talented, but could never sustain success for longer than a 2 rounds at a time for the most part), but it seems very, very unlikely to me. Against a guy like Lomachenko who has exceptional stamina on top of all his other qualities, it's really hard to see Linares doing anywhere near enough.

as you probably konw, douglas mother died around two weeks prior to his fight with tyson, hence, the career night.

i agree, linares tends to lose focus

but if jorge can establish the jab and fight for 12 complete rounds and his face holds up he has a shot. he asked for this fight and claims that he purposely fought his last two bouts against southpaws for this reason. i think the odds are off, linares to me is a watered down 135 version of eric morales and there is no way that a prime 130 morales is a +1000 against 130 lomachencko.

Ah, that makes sense a lot more sense. I see Linares getting wrecked, but he has a lot better shot than Canelo vs Ward. I don't belong to a sports book currently, what are the odds on a Linares DEC?

i bought that at 17/1 and added more at 21/1. loma is not getting kod unless hes packing glass or gets cut, his footwork is just too good

im hoping to be able to hedge the linares +900 money line in live betting sometime in the first six rounds when i think the speed and jab of linares could give loma trouble.

i tend to go with the trainers and fightersd predictions since they are usually more knowledgeable than fight fans...and they're calling it a close fight...unquestionably lomachenko is a highly skilled defensive fighter. my point is that he hasn't faced the level of comp to be considered #1 pfp...the fact he's being elevated to #1 pfp at this still relatively early stage of his career is, to me, very suspect...and it leaves him open to being exposed again as an overhyped fighter...he's basically gotta dominate EVERY fighter he faces, winning every minute of every round the way fmj did to be considered at that level. that puts a lotta undue pressure on him. but then again, he lost to salido and in the next fight he beat russell and his fans just kept on riding that bandwagon, so the loss didn't hurt his fanbase at least...if it had been floyd losing to salido, he'd be dq'd from pfp #1 for life...so far, lomachenkos level of comp has allowed him to dominate...except for salido...i can see his fans being eager to put the salido fight behind them...but i really don't think he can hurt or stop linares and if he can't do that, i think the pressure will get to him.

It would be very expected. Canelo got completely schooled Floyd and looked mediocre against Lara, what would he does against Ward? Ward is just as skilled, and much bigger than them. Kovalev and Stevenson would beat the ginger out of him.

I don't think Rigo is a career defining win for Loma, but it is still really good. He was still undefeated and completely shut down Donaire who was in the p4p talks. Canelo already has lost, had really close decisions and a draw most thought he lost. His best win is Cotto, who was at the end of his career and already defeated multiple times.
I dont recall saying that Canelo was a live dog to beat any of them.

I made a comparison to a similar situation in Brook and Golovkin for a reason. The odds and credit given to Golovkin for that win are nothing like what was suggested in this fantasy example of Canelo going up to fight them, where this conversation started. The same could be said for Khan fighting Canelo.

Anyway, were far off the tracks now lol.

Loma via ass beating stoppage.

won't be long now...we'll see if you're right. i'm betting it goes the other way.
Linares will look like he has cinder blocks on his feet.

i bought that at 17/1 and added more at 21/1. loma is not getting kod unless hes packing glass or gets cut, his footwork is just too good

im hoping to be able to hedge the linares +900 money line in live betting sometime in the first six rounds when i think the speed and jab of linares could give loma trouble.

Those decision odds are amazing. I think I am going to open an account somewhere to throw some down on that. I have pick Loma by wreckage, but those odds...

Back