LOGAN LUCKY [Not a Wolverine Movie] (93% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen LOGAN LUCKY, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 28, 2017

First Trailer for Steven Soderbergh's Ensemble Heist Movie LOGAN LUCKY

Not a Wolverine movie.

One of my most anticipated films of this year. The cast assembled looks terrific and Daniel Craig will probably steal the show.

OLSznFK.jpg

A hillbilly version of The Town. I can dig it.

I thought Hillary Swank died in the same plane crash as Clive Owen and Eric Bana?

I love the cast... looks like a fun movie.

Strange they got Kylo Ren in there acting like a goofy redneck. You'd think if Disney waz gonna build up Kylo Ren into an iconic bad guy that they would've kept the mask on or at least paid Adam enough to stay away from goofy rolls until the series was released.

Looks fun. Soderbergh tends to turn in quality work so this should be good.

Update: June 28, 2017

New International Trailer for Steven Soderbergh's LOGAN LUCKY

Steven Soderbergh allegedly retired from making movies back in 2013. His plan was likely complicated and full of caveats, but "retirement" was the general gist. Now, though, the guy just keeps making movies: he's got Logan Lucky out next month, and as Variety reports, a whole other second movie tentatively called Unsane. The whole movie is in the can, apparently....

1264123_unsane.jpg

...having been shot in secret on an iPhone with actors Juno Temple and Claire Foy. No official plot details are available yet, but this could be a movie Soderbergh hinted at during a recent Reddit AMA - a film hitting similar subject material as Side Effects. The title certainly seems to support that hypothesis.

Soderbergh's project follows in the secret-movie tradition set by Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing and David Lowery's A Ghost Story. Movies made in secret are a fascinating phenomenon, and we could all benefit from more of them.

Logan Lucky releases on August 18; Soderbergh also has a project called Mosaic over at HBO, starring Sharon Stone and a "choose-your-own-adventure" narrative format. Busy man.

Update: August 18, 2017

Critics' Reviews for LOGAN LUCKY

Rotten Tomatoes: 93% Approval Rating (119 out of 128 critics like it, with a 7.5/10 average rating)

Critics Consensus: High-octane fun that's smartly assembled without putting on airs, Logan Lucky marks a welcome end to Steven Soderbergh's retirement -- and proves he hasn't lost his ability to entertain.

EouML8P.jpg

Entertainment Weekly - Essentially a red-state Ocean's Eleven - a fizzy, twisty Southern-fried heist flick that's more enjoyable the less you try to dissect it. Logan Lucky may not be the luxurious, precise Swiss watch that Soderbergh’s first (and best) Ocean’s film was, but it’s a hell of a lot of fun to kick back and ride shotgun with. B+

New York Daily News - “Logan Lucky” is a little long and, for all its dopey characters, sometimes too smart for its own good. But those are small problems in a slick, surprising summer entertainment from a terrific director who's having a helluva time just keeping everyone laughing, and guessing. 4.5/5

James Berardinelli - Soderbergh’s return is welcome on a number of levels, chief of which is that this adds a competent story/character-centric director to the release treadmill. Unfortunately, while Logan Lucky is 3/4ths of a very good movie, the final half-hour becomes narratively unfocused as it strives to tie up some loose ends. 3/4

Richard Roeper - Arriving months after the release of “Logan” and weeks before the release of “Lucky,” here comes “Logan Lucky,” a breezy and clever heist romp with no relation to the other two movies, which have no relation to one another. Logan Lucky is great fun and one of the most purely entertaining movies of the year.

Rolling Stone - Soderbergh's return to features is a redneck riff on his Ocean's 11, a cool breeze of summertime sweetness that restores the good name of movie escapism. Daniel Craig is off-the-chain hilarious. 3.5/4

Sawr it today. It was pretty funny and made fun (I really emphasize on the word "fun") of the simple, southern person, but also finds a great way to redeem them.

Daniel Craig and his character didn't play for me in the trailer, but in the movie, he fucking sells being a West Virginian. It took me a while to remember that he's British. Really good character all around.

There was nothing spectacular about the movie, but it's a pretty entertaining character comedy, and put together well. Decent heist too. 7/10

Lol at Daniel Craig playing a redneck. I'd see it just for that.

I rounded up to an 8. I had fun every moment of this movie. It's not one that I try to dissect and figure out why it's a good movie or not. It's just a really fun time.

The only thing that threw me off was that I thought Mellie was Jimmy's girlfriend the entire movie except the last few minutes. I know I missed something but that threw me for a loop. Also, Hillary Swank's voice was super annoying, it was extremely over the top and unnecessary.

Apparently it's not doing well at the box office, that really sucks.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I was just reading a review on this and the writer said something about "The Bear" in the woods vanishing being one of the funniest parts of the movie. I don't remember anything about that scene, do you know what he's referring to?

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I was just reading a review on this and the writer said something about "The Bear" in the woods vanishing being one of the funniest parts of the movie. I don't remember anything about that scene, do you know what he's referring to?

When the brothers had to go into the woods and meet the bear. Its just a dude in a bear outfit, says nothing, just gives em a bag and fades away whilst the brothers are just WTF was that shit

Movie was great, just pure fun and I enjoyed it. Easily a 7/10 for me

When the brothers had to go into the woods and meet the bear. Its just a dude in a bear outfit, says nothing, just gives em a bag and fades away whilst the brothers are just WTF was that shit

Movie was great, just pure fun and I enjoyed it. Easily a 7/10 for me

Damn I still can't remember. I can't find a screenshot or clip to refresh my memory either. I must've been really thinking of something else in that moment. Sucks, I'm gonna have to go watch it again.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Sorry, I haven't seen the movie yet.

saw it sunday. started slow and cliche, bad fake country accents.... and i didnt laugh at all. but it got good, clever, and i liked it overall. 7/10

Back