LMFAO @ UFC, calling Rose vs Joanna immediate rematch, THE REMATCH, This is why the UFC is a joke!!!

Tired of this bullshit marketing.

83c63c2f430a6574e6.gif

How in the fuck is this THE REMATCH....Joanna got finished in the first round and tapped...How in the fuck does she get an immediate rematch? It didn't look like some crazy fluke punch either.

Ultimate Rematch Championship has tooked it too far however, not just in granting this rematch but in calling it "THE REMATCH"

0.jpg

0.jpg

This is why boxing is much better in terms of real marketing....Rematches actually make sense....and when something is labeled revenge or has some solid title like that....It actually makes sense.

The Rematch label could've been saved for an actual good rematch.

Don't agree that Joanna doesn't deserve a rematch, but agree completely about the marketing.

Naturally you got flamed cuz "its a rematch and they called it The Rematch, u suck TS, etc etc". But you're right in that they underestimate the long-term effect of decisions like that. Much like the people in this thread.

The obvious example being, once you use "THE REMATCH" for this fight, you obviously can't use it for Dillashaw-Garbrandt later this year. Which would be a much more appropriate utilization of that marketing angle.

1) They had real beef.

2) They're both established at the championship level.

3) TJ was saved by the bell. Then Cody got caught. Not one guy getting dropped and rocked multiple times then tapping to strikes.

to each their own, but I don't think she had the longevity to deserve an instant rematch after that pummeling. She should have to fight a top 5 opponent to get another shot. People in line for title shots get screwed by the privileges champs are given with the far too frequent instant rematches

Who would you have her fight? She dominated them all over 5 rounds fairly recently in record breaking fashion.

These are the rankings:

Champ - Rose

1 - JJ

2 - Andrade
- lost to JJ - May 2017
Highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+142 vs. Jéssica Andrade)

3 - Claudia - lost to JJ - Nov 2016
4th highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+113 vs. Cláudia Gadelha)

4 - Karolina - lost to JJ July 2016
2nd highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+121 vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz)

It gives Rose a chance to put an exclamation point on her resume if she can decisively whoop Joanna (not Champion) again.

she was the champ for a long time.. ufc felt like she deserved a rematch immediately after all shes achieved.. not really bothered by it..

They always grant rematches when a champion who had defended multiple times finally loses.

Which I think is silly as well. I think fighters need more time to build themselves back up after losing a belt. If you throw them back in right away and they lose again, you've just damaged a top fighter for quick money.

Who would you have her fight? She dominated them all over 5 rounds fairly recently in record breaking fashion.

These are the rankings:

Champ - Rose

1 - JJ

2 - Andrade
- lost to JJ - May 2017
Highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+142 vs. Jéssica Andrade)

3 - Claudia - lost to JJ - Nov 2016
4th highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+113 vs. Cláudia Gadelha)

4 - Karolina - lost to JJ July 2016
2nd highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+121 vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz)

It doesn't matter - First setup rose against a top contender and pick someone for JJ to fight to get another title shot. JJ's not champ so I don't really care. and by top 5 I mean top 5 contenders so give her Tecia. If I had my way she'd have to first fight a 6-10 ranked fighter and then a 1-5 fighter.

It doesn't matter - First setup rose against a top contender and pick someone for JJ to fight to get another title shot. JJ's not champ so I don't really care. and by top 5 I mean top 5 contenders so give her Tecia. If I had my way she'd have to first fight a 6-10 ranked fighter and then a 1-5 fighter.

Tecias coming off a loss and fighting JJ would have to be a #1 contenders match.

To get her shot Rose had a loss then beat #6 Karate Hottie.

UFC has too many instant rematches. It's lame as hell. Joanna should have had to win a couple before being given another title shot.

I think beating Waterson should be enough.

Back