listening to GSP ... How the hell has his english not evolved??

He primarily speaks French, and when he uses English, most of the time, he's speaking with folks with the same accent. I'm from the upper Midwest. There are two guys where I work who have both been there over 20 years, yet both still have noticeable accents. One is from the East Coast, the other from Arkansas. Losing an accent (or more accurately, picking up an accent) is harder for some than for others.

Metal Daze, I'm sorry I scooped that low. It was too tempting... you know that mom stuff. How's the meatloaf?

He primarily speaks French, and when he uses English, most of the time, he's speaking with folks with the same accent. I'm from the upper Midwest. There are two guys where I work who have both been there over 20 years, yet both still have noticeable accents. One is from the East Coast, the other from Arkansas. Losing an accent (or more accurately, picking up an accent) is harder for some than for others.
That isn t true.
Only French Canadians have that accent and they would speak Québécois French together. Not English.

He speaks french everyday, not english. Quebecois almost look down on others who speak english in Quebec.
People hate when someone speaks to them in English and doesn't even try. For exemple, someone who's been here for 10 years and go to the store speaking only in English and doesn't give a fuck.

If they say something like "Sorry my french is really bad, is it ok if we speak in English?" no one will mind.

Then again, in Montreal noboby gives a damn so speak English all you want.

Last edited:
Back