Lion Fight 37 “Smokin” Jo Nattawut vs. Petchtanong Banchamek

Rocha with 3 knockdowns in 45 seconds...Olave got DESTROYED!

That heavyweight fight was a beatdown.

Great headkick in the last ten seconds of the cruiserweight co-main event fight between Morazo-Pollard & Banasiak. Not sure why they're calling 185 pounds cruiserweight, but entertaining fight.

terrible decision. Petchtanong easily won that and never even had to get out of 2nd gear.

I hate to say it, but the main event was the most boring fight of the card despite the two experienced Thais participating. I don't care if they would have called that a draw after five rounds. They were both so kick-for-kick and tit-for-tat with the occasional sweep or throw mixed in that I don't think it was super distinctive as to who won, at least under the way they score the fights in Connecticut.

Goat status confirmed. Nattawut scared Yod into retirement with all those call outs.

I hate to say it, but the main event was the most boring fight of the card despite the two experienced Thais participating. I don't care if they would have called that a draw after five rounds. They were both so kick-for-kick and tit-for-tat with the occasional sweep or throw mixed in that I don't think it was super distinctive as to who won, at least under the way they score the fights in Connecticut.
It might have been "kick for kick" but petchtanong was landing on the ribs while jo was leg kicking. In muaythai body kicks score significantly more than leg kicks. Also Petchtanong was the only one scoring the sweeps and dumps

Did you take into account the Lion Fight scoring hierarchy?

Elbows > kicks > punches > knees
They were apparently judging under glory rules as they scored leg kicks over everything else

It might have been "kick for kick" but petchtanong was landing on the ribs while jo was leg kicking. In muaythai body kicks score significantly more than leg kicks. Also Petchtanong was the only one scoring the sweeps and dumps

They were apparently judging under glory rules as they scored leg kicks over everything else
I like it. Nattawut has a great style.

lol pet was so happy...$$...he signed a multi fight deal so...but not sure he'll keep at 70?he looks so heavy

Dude this is America... Leg Kicks are Godlike and the #1 American Muay Thai weapon. You think Muay Thai, you think leg kicks.

Just saw it and am a bit surprised actually. Besides that close first round, thought Petch did control the pace more, landed more overall point shots, and did enough to win....

I thought it was an exciting, hard-kicking, very elite level fight!

Jo was pretty gracious at the end, speaking nice about Petch and in rather good English.

Last edited:
Back