Lion Fight 37 “Smokin” Jo Nattawut vs. Petchtanong Banchamek

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
IrJjbQ9.jpg

“Smokin” Jo Nattawut vs. Petchtanong Banchamek – Lion Fight Super Welterweight Title

Paul “The Reaper” Banasiak vs. Chip “The Surgeon” Moraza-Pollard – Lion Fight Cruiserweight Title

Amine “Moroccan Boy” Ballafrikh vs. Johncy Lindor – Lightweight

Alexander Olave vs. Eric Rocha – Welterweight

Jafar Toshev vs. Geoffrey Then – Lightweight

I thought Petchanong fought at 65kg? He looks fat at 70kg and that sudden weight jump could effect his performance. This seems like a cherry picked fight or maybe its just a stepping stone to better competition. Hopefully the latter. I want to eventually see Jo in there with some of the top guys at 70kg. Yodwicha, sittichai, superbon etc. Would love to see any of those guys fight in the US.

I thought Petchanong fought at 65kg? He looks fat at 70kg and that sudden weight jump could effect his performance. This seems like a cherry picked fight or maybe its just a stepping stone to better competition. Hopefully the latter. I want to eventually see Jo in there with some of the top guys at 70kg. Yodwicha, sittichai, superbon etc. Would love to see any of those guys fight in the US.

petchtanong is still going to cruise to an easy win out of shape or not

petchtanong is still going to cruise to an easy win out of shape or not
Well I haven't watched much of Jo tbh so not entirely sure how good he is. Maybe bringing Petchtanong up to 70kg balances the competitiveness of the fight out. I thought Jomthong could cruise his way past Artem Pashporin but as we've seen Jomthong is not the same fighter at 70kg. Weight makes a difference.

pet struggles a lot to go down at 65...but yes looks better.
i dunno..looks too much

Well I haven't watched much of Jo tbh so not entirely sure how good he is. Maybe bringing Petchtanong up to 70kg balances the competitiveness of the fight out. I thought Jomthong could cruise his way past Artem Pashporin but as we've seen Jomthong is not the same fighter at 70kg. Weight makes a difference.
I think jomthong was dealing with injuries and did not train much at all for that fight. If they fight again especially in a single fight I would bet almost everything I own jomthong would take the rematch if in decent shape.

as far as petchtanong he has always looked fairly thick for his weight class as he is usually the shorter fighter. I believe he is fighting at 67 for his next fight after this in Spain so he probably has not gained much weight. I think they look at this as easy money so do not care about the weight as truthfully if jo was fighting in Thailand he would be fighting around 65 kg as well

Pfffft, Smokin' Jo is gonna smoke this scrub. This is Lion Fight. Welcome to the big leagues...

KO third round, mark my words.

The way he's so fat I wonder if he can even kick

Petchtanong should fight at 67 kg but yeah pretty fat now. He has pretty hard kicks and punches though.

Fat is just a different kind of athleticism. There is bread and beer fat and then there is athlete fat. It generates a greater force and gives more knockout power. I think it will give him that edge he needs to dethrone Jo.

I don't know much about Smokin Jo's fighting style but at this point he (Petchtanong) would be no match for a skilled clincher/pressure fighter with a reach advantage, especially in a 5 round fight. He can probably beat most western guys that try to trade shots with him though. Probably most guys in Glory if he is motivated but i heard he prefers to teach girls fitness muay thai

Is lion fight 3 rounds or 5 rounds?

Last edited:
I don't know much about Smokin Jo's fighting style but at this point he would be no match for a skilled clincher/pressure fighter with a reach advantage, especially in a 5 round fight. He can probably beat most western guys that try to trade shots with him though. Probably most guys in Glory if he is motivated but i heard he prefers to teach girls fitness muay thai

Is lion fight 3 rounds or 5 rounds?
5 Rounds of Full Thai Rules, but it won't matter. Petchwhatshisname won't make it out of the third. Another lamb to the slaughter for Smokin' Jo.

since when pet has won 340 fights out of 400 and he's 32 yo?
lol i'm shook

Lion Fight CEO Scott Kent and the two opponents for the Lion Fight cruiserweight title fight Paul Banasiak and Chip Moraza-Pollard being interviewed. Also Ray Sefo as well.

I will actually try to watch this tonight it will be my first taste of elite level Muay Thai.

Expect to see Petchtanong smoke the goat.

Would watch but nobody cares enough to bootleg a stream.

I'll have to bask in Nattawuts glory via highlight.

Walker KO was spectacular.

Fights are on Fight Network in Canada.

Enjoying it

Back