Linda Sansour and the women's march

I'm not the biggest supporter of Islam, but I'm still not seeing it. Sharia Law means different things to different people depending on how they interpret it. That's not just rhetoric either, literally, it takes on different meanings.

From PEW:

in some countries, substantial minorities of Muslims believe sharia should be open to multiple interpretations. Although many Muslims around the world say sharia should be the law of the land in their country, the survey reveals divergent opinions about the precise application of Islamic law.14 Generally, supporters of sharia are most comfortable with its application in cases of family or property disputes. In most regions, fewer favor other specific aspects of sharia, such as cutting off the hands of thieves and executing people who convert from Islam to another faith.

Muslims differ widely as to whether sharia should be open to multiple understandings. While many say there is only one true interpretation, substantial percentages in most countries either say there are multiple interpretations or say they do not know.

When you are debating and then ultimately warring over the interpretation of Sharia then things have already gone "too Islam."

The US doesn't need-to nor should-it "go there." Same for Canada.

Sharia (period) is a 7th century invention.

Get Islam and everything to do with it out of The West.

There's no soft approach to this subject. I don't trust Pew's opinion on this at all.

Last edited:
When you are debating and then ultimately warring over the interpretation of Sharia then things have already gone too Islam.

The US doesn't need-to nor should-it go there. Same for Canada.

Sharia (period) is a 7th century invention.

Get Islam and everything to do with it out of The West.

There's no soft approach to this subject. I don't trust Pew's opinion on this at all.

I generally agree that Sharia Law is unnecessary. We already have laws. Other than that, exercise your faith as an individual, don't force others to do the same.

The point I'm making is that this woman, who I know nothing about, isn't automatically a hypocrite for organizing a women's march and being Muslim unless we know her specific beliefs. That is, unless we believe that it's impossible to be a moderate Muslim.

And I get that generally speaking it's hypocritical, or at the very least a strange union, but I can't judge her unless I know what she thinks, specifically.

When you are debating and then ultimately warring over the interpretation of Sharia then things have already gone "too Islam."

The US doesn't need-to nor should-it "go there." Same for Canada.
So you do live in Canada. Good, stay there. Trump's gonna build a wall to keep you border hoppers out.

I generally agree that Sharia Law is unnecessary. We already have laws. Other than that, exercise your faith as an individual, don't force others to do the same.

The point I'm making is that this woman, who I know nothing about, isn't automatically a hypocrite for organizing a women's march and being Muslim unless we know her specific beliefs. That is, unless we believe that it's impossible to be a moderate Muslim.

And I get that generally speaking it's hypocritical, or at the very least a strange union, but I can't judge her unless I know what she thinks, specifically.

Do you need to read more than the tweets in this thread alone? She shut down an honorary degree for Ayyin labeling her a hate spreader? She shut down the moderate Muslim who voted for Trump? She not only supports Sharia personally but promotes it publicly?

You also said that there is nothing wrong with a hajib. The kind this woman wears is strictly hiding all hair, is not a loose shawl like covering (not that it would matter that much to me if it was).

The hajib is wrong. It came from a 6 year old hiding herself from the sexual advances of her 54 year old husband who I'm sure she had no choice in marrying.

Yes it is wrong.

And as you dissect Islam (which we are forced to do because it is invading the west), not only is it a made-up cult, but it wars against every virtue and freedom of The West and civilization generally.

You have to be able to see the correlation between Islamic majorities and Islamic ideology.

What you and I need to be doing is fighting against the spiritual forces of darkness that divide us, and spread the truth and love of Jesus Christ.

Think about it. I can say with absolute certainty that 99% or more of Muslims a) don't believe Jesus is the Son of God (Jesus come in the flesh), and b) they do not believe in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ (His giving himself up for mankind on the cross in death, His burial, and His resurrection). There is nothing else, man. This is the spirit of Anti-Christ as clearly described in the Bible.

The Spirit of Anti-Christ wars against the freedom brought about by Jesus finished work and the gift if His Holy Spirit. It wars against freedom, period. It exalts a man (Muhammad) who was a brutal warlord, rapist and thief who did whatever he wanted when he wanted. It exalts a man-made collection of writings over the Bible (which God warned against that those who change a jot or tittle will not be added to the book of life). It does not believe in original sin, but that man is born perfect and thus it exalts law-keeping so that one may show themselves worthy of favor before a "holy" god.

No, no, no.

If anything, we must become more vigilant in our faith. If not you then me alone and/or those who will be so with me.

Last edited:
So you do live in Canada. Good, stay there. Trump's gonna build a wall to keep you border hoppers out.

First, is he building a wall to the north? Pretty sure it's along the southern border.

Next, why are you even responding to my posts?

And should dontsnitch be kept out of America?

Last edited:
She seems to be a Muslim Brotherhood operative. When will Donald designate them a terror-supporting organization?

16143001_384373031912743_7727104954556471522_n.jpg

16298793_384373125246067_4815968800464627186_n.jpg

16142499_384373495246030_2494229691044525382_n.jpg
Wtf, over?

First, is he building a wall to the north? Pretty sure it's along the southern boarder.
First, that's not how you spell "border"

Second, The Big D got us a special deal; buy one wall, get one free. And we're using the second one to make sure all the celebrities who move to Canada stay out.
Next, why are you even responding to my posts?
Because you're still dodging my question. Actually two questions, since you accused me of dodging and I then asked you clarify.

Thanks, I knew that didn't look right. I'm tired I guess. I'll take the liberty of editing those.

Second, The Big D got us a special deal; buy one wall, get one free. And we're using the second one to make sure all the celebrities who move to Canada stay out.

I didn't hear about this one. I'm pretty sure there's a wink wink to it.

Because you're still dodging my question. Actually two questions, since you accused me of dodging and I then asked you clarify.

I can't think of a worthwhile personal question I've asked in awhile so not dodging these easy ones seems like no special thing - but thanks nonetheless.

I can't think of a worthwhile personal question I've asked in awhile so nor dodging these easy ones seems like no special thing - but thanks nonetheless.
I don't even know what the hell you're trying to say here. Go to bed and get some rest.

Whoa! Let's not go crazy here!

Are these celebrities moving their money here as well? Can we put them on display in internment camps? It would be a valuable teaching tool to observe these Homoregressaphiens in their natural habitats. We'll build them rehab centers, a faux rodeo drive, and hire a paparazzi corps.

Which celebrities? How will this wall effect pipelines and power transmission lines? No take baksies - you keep Beiber and Celine Dion.

Do you need to read more than the tweets in this thread alone? She shut down an honorary degree for Ayyin labeling her a hate spreader? She shut down the moderate Muslim who voted for Trump? She not only supports Sharia personally but promotes it publicly?

You also said that there is nothing wrong with a hajib. The kind this woman wears is strictly hiding all hair, is not a loose shawl like covering (not that it would matter that much to me if it was).

The hajib is wrong. It came from a 6 year old hiding herself from the sexual advances of her 54 year old husband who I'm sure she had no choice in marrying.

Yes it is wrong.

And as you dissect Islam (which we are forced to do because it is invading the west), not only is it a made-up cult, but it wars against every virtue and freedom of The West and civilization generally.

You have to be able to see the correlation between Islamic majorities and Islamic ideology.

What you and I need to be doing is fighting against the spiritual forces of darkness that divide us, and spread the truth and love of Jesus Christ.

Think about it. I can say with absolute certainty that 99% or more of a Muslims a) don't believe Jesus is the Son of God (Jesus come in the flesh), and b) they do not believe in the redrmptive work of Jesus Christ (His giving himself up for mankind on the cross in death, His burial, and His resurrection). There is nothing else, man. This is the spirit of Anti-Christ as clearly described in the Bible.

The Spirit of Anti-Christ wars against the freedom brought about by Jesus finished work and the gift if His Holy Spirit. It wars against freedom, period. It exalts a man (Muhammad) who was a brutal warlord, rapist and thief who did whatever he wanted when he wanted. It exalts a man-made collection of writings over the Bible (which God warned against that those who change a jot or tittle will not be added to the book of life). It does not believe in original sin, but that man is born perfect and thus it exalts law-keeping so that one may show themselves worthy of favor before a "holy" god.

No, no, no.

If anything, we must become more vigilant in our faith. If not you then me alone and/or those who will be so with me.

I'm open to the fact that she's a hypocrite, as you know I've been very critical of Islam. I'll also admit I don't know who Hirsi is, nor don't know the story behind that. If that makes her a hypocrite, I'll agree.

As for Sharia and the Hibi Jabi, she could just be ignorant, or interpret it in a way that doesn't necessarily condemn women. Some people say they believe in Sharia but they don't mean what we think they do, that's all I'm saying.

As for the ideology in general, I don't know if it's the Anti-Christ, but as someone who believes in Jesus it's certainly sad to think that people are trying to get to heaven by works and live in fear of the scales of Islam, so much so that many of them kill themselves in suicide attacks. But I do believe moderate Muslims exist that have diluted the doctrine and are not blood-thirsty, and I think we should encourage that. Ideally I'd like them to be Christian, sure, but having them become moderate is a benefit. As such, we shouldn't attack moderates, we should encourage them, otherwise, we're doing what they're accusing us of doing- attacking an entire group of people.

I'm open to the fact that she's a hypocrite, as you know I've been very critical of Islam. I'll also admit I don't know who Hirsi is, nor don't know the story behind that. If that makes her a hypocrite, I'll agree.

As for Sharia and the Hibi Jabi, she could just be ignorant, or interpret it in a way that doesn't necessarily condemn women. Some people say they believe in Sharia but they don't mean what we think they do, that's all I'm saying.

As for the ideology in general, I don't know if it's the Anti-Christ, but as someone who believes in Jesus it's certainly sad to think that people are trying to get to heaven by works and live in fear of the scales of Islam, so much so that many of them kill themselves in suicide attacks. But I do believe moderate Muslims exist that have diluted the doctrine and are not blood-thirsty, and I think we should encourage that. Ideally I'd like them to be Christian, sure, but having them become moderate is a benefit. As such, we shouldn't attack moderates, we should encourage them, otherwise, we're doing what they're accusing us of doing- attacking an entire group of people.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a feminist, atheist, Somali born former Muslim, and Dutch politician. Amazing woman. Well spoken, and definitely marches to her own tune.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a feminist, atheist, Somali born former Muslim, and Dutch politician. Amazing woman. Well spoken, and definitely marches to her own tune.

I just looked her up and I guess I do know her, just not by name. This does present a problem for Sansour because as far as I recall, Hirsi is a legit feminist who is actually trying to save women from brutal situations.

One view is she sucks and should not have been co-chair of the march
http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/24...ntity-politics-epitomize-feminisms-hypocrisy/

The other
Omar Baddar
5 hrs ·
I get a little bit of satisfaction knowing that the slanderous attacks on Linda Sarsour, whose very intention was to undermine her credibility & base of support, ended up backfiring in the best way possible, leading to skyrocketing growth in her popularity & support & solidarity in so many segments of American society. #IStandWithLinda #IMarchWithLinda

=================

There have been bascially two schools of thought on Sansour now that march is over. She is a Muslim American who was National co-chair of the march in Washington DC.

She wears a hijab and acts like a spokesman for Muslims. Some claim she supports arranged marriages and supports sharia, which makes people question if she really is a good fit for fighting for equality for women.

The other side sees some far right websites call her a terrorist so want to support her.
==========

What is your take?
Have not looked into this woman.

If she advances Islamist causes / acts like an Islamic nationalist then put me in the leftist camp that thinks having her as co-chair is a stupid decision by liberals, just as anointing Hillary was a stupid decision.

She has balls bigger than 99% of the men out there. A true hero ; standing up to a totalitarian ideology even though dipshits in the West are attacking her for it.

You're a wonderful brother and I love you man.

But I don't agree with encouraging anything to do with Islam at all. If members of society aren't violent and live quiet humble lives behind the scenes with no aim to overthrow the system, then I don't need to know what they are and believe. The moderate this organizer was attacking deserves more of a voice IMO, but really her sensibilities don't have anything to do with Islam.

Islam by name, dress and association needs to be fought against until it is no more or at the very least is lived-out in forms so benign (despite endless harsh critiscism) that it is indecipherable as any entity seen and known today.

There is one truth that is loving, free and true: Jesus Christ who came in love to give himself for our sins; and then, after his resurrection, he gave us the Holy Spirit to empower us to live right and know in our hearts the testimony of truth, and the guidance into all of it.

Back