Life Finds A Way

I can't explain it anymore because I can't remember how it works anymore. College was a long time ago and I've been drunk a lot during and since.

But I remember taking intro chemistry and intro biology in college. After you learn a little bit about carbon and how it's +/-4 electrons to be stable or whatever, it gets really obvious that life can only really form out of those kinds of molecules. That's why silicon is also considered a possible base of life, like +/-4 electrons to be stable.

And once you start with carbon, or another molecule like it, they only readily bond with like other stuff.. like a layman just thinks the scientists are being arrogant but learn it yourself and you realize the layman's a dumbass

Yeah, I remember Neil D Tyson was talking about how suited carbon is as an element for life. It just forms so many different combinations that it makes sense that other life would be chemically similar. Physics and chemistry doesn't change across the universe, so what works on Earth likely works elsewhere. I think we will find carbon based life that sustains itself with H2O like we do.

Yeah, I remember Neil D Tyson was talking about how suited carbon is as an element for life. It just forms so many different combinations that it makes sense that other life would be chemically similar. Physics and chemistry doesn't change across the universe, so what works on Earth likely works elsewhere. I think we will find carbon based life that sustains itself with H2O like we do.

We talk so much about matter tho like it's the authority on the universe. There's 6 times as much dark matter as there is matter!!!

What is that stuff?

Aren't there a group of people called "Breatharians" or something? Basically people who think they only need air to survive (no food or water)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Inedia (Latin for "fasting") or breatharianism/brɛθˈɛəriənɪzəm/ is the belief that it is possible for a person to live without consuming food. Breatharians claim that food, and in some cases water, are not necessary for survival, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana, the vital life force in Hinduism.

Dinosaurs...where the Dinos and Jeff goldbloom in the thread?

They alway say life needs water but now scienect say the found life that lives off air.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/new-discovery-could-change-way-we-look-alien-life-ncna827921

I guess they can start looking at those gas planets to see what is living there. i never understood why they think life has to be like what is here.why can there be some that live off sunlight or cold etc..

While this bacteria might not need water, it is not to say that the creation of life does not need water. Just like all those extermophobes or whatever can survive in crazy environments, but that doesn't mean that like can start there but can adapt to being there.

There is bacteria in that air!
Will someone please think of the germaphobes!

Back