Liberal Berkley radio station invites then disinvites Richard Dawkins.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpres...ey-for-abusive-speech-about-islam-on-twitter/

Liberal Berkley radio station invited Dawkins , then publickly rescinded the invitation , without first notifying Dawkins. They claim they did it becaues Dawkins has said hurtfull and abusive things towards Islam. They also have the chutzpah to claim they support free speech, but they don't support hurtfull abusive speech.

---

Islam can incite and demand its adherents: abuse , rape, enslave, genocide, torture minorities, non-Muslims and women but criticizing this is "abuse" and "hurtfull". This is a sick joke.

Liberals have really fallen quite far down the rabbit-hole.

---

Even though the rightwing doesn't like people like Dawkins, because of the later's criticism of creationism , ideally there should be a joining of hands between the right and left to oppose this current climate of speech suppression , safe-spaces and all other assorted nonsense.

trth.gif

It's really important to understand that these people are enemies of democracy.

They are against everything which defines freedom.

They also have the chutzpah to claim they support free speech, but they don't support hurtfull abusive speech.

Sure... <45>

Pro free elections, but only if you vote against "hate"...

<{nope}>

Lol. Fucking Berkley. If you're not a far left nut, why would anyone live there?

How absolutely stupid. Dawkins has not, as far as I can tell, said anything abusive or "hurtful."

Good grief, these thin skinned liberals just can't stop creating straw men and sabotaging the left.

Ben Shapiro is threatening UC Berkeley with a lawsuit for this sort of shit.

More speakers should.

Well its not like his anti-Islam comments are a secret so if those are the reasons they uninvited him I wonder why they invited him in the first place?

Well its not like his anti-Islam comments are a secret so if those are the reasons they uninvited him I wonder why they invited him in the first place?
So they could un-invite him. That'll learn dat rascal!

Even though the rightwing doesn't like people like Dawkins, because of the later's criticism of creationism , ideally there should be a joining of hands between the right and left to oppose this current climate of speech suppression , safe-spaces and all other assorted nonsense.
I like dawkins, he even retweeted me.

More speakers should.

Shapiro is a snowflake. Seriously: the dude makes his career off of totes pwning his pick of immature college kids who he intellectually dwarfs. Smarmy little twat is a cancer to American discourse. Hope he gets cancer.

Just a few years ago, the man would've been worshipped within such institutions.

Live long enough and you'll end up seeing yourself become the villain, I suppose.

college radio, and anything college does not represent any greater ideology

it represents college.

Just a few years ago, the man would've been worshipped within such institutions.

Live long enough and you'll end up seeing yourself become the villain, I suppose.
To be fair Dawkins himself has gone down hill. Look at the book he's promoting, its basically a collection of his past essays and lectures and whatnot. He's not much more than a twitter troll nowadays, which is a sad fall from grace for a scientist like him. Harris, whose scientific credentials pale in comparison to Dawkins, is a far more interesting and novel public intellectual at this point when compared to Dawkins and this is coming from someone who thinks Harris is overrated. This is the kind of thing he's involved with nowadays...

More speakers should.
As much as I would support that, surely colleges can pick and choose who they have on their campus to speak publicly.

Back