Liberal Berkley radio station invites then disinvites Richard Dawkins.

The gif below represents my views perfectly

4432_69ff.gif

Berkeley is a public college and they're obliged to accept people invited by alumni groups. He was invited by the Young Americas Foundation. Or something along these lines.
Richard Spencer was able to get a judge to allow him to speak at Auburn on the same lines.
Ok then that's good - especially if a lawsuit can force the issue and start a precedent. Hopefully this anti-1st amendment disease that's spreading itself around the country and college campuses in particular can be stopped.

Well its not like his anti-Islam comments are a secret so if those are the reasons they uninvited him I wonder why they invited him in the first place?
A lot of liberals secretly or not so secretly agree with him. Especially if they're Baby Boomers or Generation X and not fomented in this current politically correct era. But of course the social justice warriors will apply pressure and these virtue signalling cowards can't handle it. Sad.

They can have whom they wasn't on but it's a pretty limp dick move.

This liberal radio station perfectly captures the blatant hypocrisy of the liberal establishment right now.

The radio station only dis-invited him because of his anti Islam comments. The radio station has no problem with comments he has made against organized Christian religion.

Liberals never had a problem with guys like Dawkins when they were criticising Christianity, Liberals only have a problem when Islam is criticized.

Shapiro is a snowflake. Seriously: the dude makes his career off of totes pwning his pick of immature college kids who he intellectually dwarfs. Smarmy little twat is a cancer to American discourse. Hope he gets cancer.
Hoping he gets cancer because he has a different political view than you and because he takes questions from students?

This liberal radio station perfectly captures the blatant hypocrisy of the liberal establishment right now.

The radio station only dis-invited him because of his anti Islam comments. The radio station has no problem with comments he has made against organized Christian religion.

Liberals never had a problem with guys like Dawkins when they were criticising Christianity, Liberals only have a problem when Islam is criticized.
Islam get criticized all the time in every network. What are you watching when you don't think that's true?

Hoping he gets cancer because he has a different political view than you and because he takes questions from students?

Because his policies are logically and normatively vapid and he knows it. He saddles those economic and administrative policies, which he knows are counterfeit and will hurt the persons whom he purports to represent, onto reductive social rhetoric that he knows will appeal to them. He's not the well-meaning racist farmer. He's the Ivy League-educate smut peddler. Yeah, fuck him.

Because Christians are associated with white people in this country, and Muslims are usually brown. This is what we are dealing with. People who see nothing but color and wish to only hurt whites and help every other color. Children.

Bill Maher criticizes Islam all the time and he's on HBO, is HBO not a part of the mainstream?
HBO is cable/satellite channel. It is not public television like CBS,NBC,Fox ,CNN and ABC.

"believers in the concept of hate speech"

Wait. Now hate speech doesn't even exist?

It exists. But I'll spell out for you what I meant. People who believe mean speech should be banned, are bitches. That was my point. You want the N word to be banned, lose my number.

HBO is cable/satellite channel. It is not public television like CBS,NBC,Fox ,CNN and ABC.
So its not mainstream? Bill Maher isn't mainstream? If not then what are they? Seems like a stretch to call HBO and Maher's show niche...

Besides, doesn't FOX news criticizes Islam? They even have your hero, Lady No-Vagina, on all the time.

So its not mainstream? Bill Maher isn't mainstream? If not then what are they? Seems like a stretch to call HBO and Maher's show niche...

Besides, doesn't FOX news criticizes Islam? They even have your hero, Lady No-Vagina, on all the time.

I am aware of those Ayaan interview but they are rare, and they are Fox. The other 3 (NBC,ABC,CBS)rarely if ever.

A newspaper or periodical or TV news can feature a critic of Islam or critic of US policy towards Iran or critic of Israel, but if it is just a onesy twosey deal that is rather infrequent , it doesn't reall get imprinted in society's narrative.

HBO is not MSM like Fox,ABC,NBC,CBS. They are popular and well known but they are not public channels and thus not accessible to most Americans. You could say they mainstream in a sense, but not genuinely mainstream like the aforementioned channels. HBO is like Discovery or History.

I am aware of those Ayaan interview but they are rare, and they are Fox. The other 3 (NBC,ABC,CBS)rarely if ever.

A newspaper or periodical or TV news can feature a critic of Islam or critic of US policy towards Iran or critic of Israel, but if it is just a onesy twosey deal that is rather infrequent , it doesn't reall get imprinted in society's narrative.
So now you're backtracking from "never" to "not enough"?
HBO is not MSM like Fox,ABC,NBC,CBS. They are popular and well known but they are not public channels and thus not accessible to most Americans. You could say they mainstream in a sense, but not genuinely mainstream like the aforementioned channels. HBO is like Discovery or History.
Its rather narrow minded to only focus on TV in that sense though. Bill Maher pretty reliably gets over a million views for his monologue videos on his YT channel and the rest of his videos consistently have 6 digit views. To be fair compared to some YTers like Pewdepie that's nothing but its still a sizeable audience.

As much as I would support that, surely colleges can pick and choose who they have on their campus to speak publicly.

Most of the time it's student groups that invite speakers on campus. The Colleges just vet those choices for outrage factor and deny them if they know Antifags will show up and smash shit.

Back