lets talk about Zuffa Boxing

My first point is a direct reply: Actually just to save you time... I wrote a load of shit in response to this, but to summarise... I respect your point, but I just don't see it happening.

Basically, it would take so long for zuffa to establish themselves as a credible alternative to the seemingly endless list of options currently available to boxers of that calibre...the only boxers who could potentially be attracted would be has-beens, who might just take a few fights if only for nostalgia value... which is just plain sad.

My second point is this: the Fertita brothers, Dana and Zuffa have worked tirelessly since the inception of the organization, to bring MMA into the mainstream, to cement its legacy as a legitimate combat sport. They've pursued athletic commissions, defined a broad and transparent set of rules and simply done a fantastic job in taking MMA out of the gutter and establishing it as a credible, respected, internationally recognized & practised sport. One which is just starting to rival boxing in terms of popularity, especially with their relentless promotion of charismatic stars like McGregor, JBJ and Bisping etc. If they were to then jump into bed with boxing, I feel they would be seriously undermining all the work that has been done over the last 25+ years. I think the day zuffa delve into the world of boxing promotion, it would be a very sad day for the sport of MMA.

You've convinced me and I agree. I don't know what "Zuffa Boxing" is. I was just spit balling but you make a more thought out and compelling argument.

Back