lets talk about Zuffa Boxing

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Apparently Zuffa is interested in promoting boxing matches.

since selling the UFC, could Zuffa become a contender within the boxing promotion world as well? Or are they biting off more than they could chew?

Off topic question: could boxing be used in mma the way bellator is using kickboxing?

You understand WME owns Zuffa?

This thread isn't going Amywhere

Let me save it for you sherbros

IMG_20170820_231538.png

@Sonny Qc yep it's looking bad dude let him help you out and get this thread back on track

da2cf413ac4726cb7c8063318e2bb87f.jpg

Check this out, guys.
He was asked about "Zuffa Boxing" and said we will definitely get an announcement "when it's time."
Being a vague asshole about it as usual, though.

Yeah don't sweat it they definitely know what they're doing... their first boxing headline promotion is set to be Demian Maia vs Jake Shields.

I think it's an equally bad idea as AKA going into pro wrestling...

Check this out, guys.
He was asked about "Zuffa Boxing" and said we will definitely get an announcement "when it's time."
Being a vague asshole about it as usual, though.

Yeah in all seriousness, from watching his reaction I get a strong feeling he's just playing off the question not to lose face. "If and when I'll let you guys know".

They cannot seriously have any intention of trying to break into boxing promotion. Yes, the UFC (and consequently Dana White) attract huge exposure as a fight sport organization, I will give them that - but there are already 3 or 4 major, well-established, respected boxing organizations - and many still think that is too much! The sport of boxing is infinitely deeper than MMA, I just don't think boxing has any room for more elite promotions.

Yeah in all seriousness, from watching his reaction I get a strong feeling he's just playing off the question not to lose face. "If and when I'll let you guys know".

They cannot seriously have any intention of trying to break into boxing promotion. Yes, the UFC (and consequently Dana White) attract huge exposure as a fight sport organization, I will give them that - but there are already 3 or 4 major, well-established, respected boxing organizations - and many still think that is too much! The sport of boxing is infinitely deeper than MMA, I just don't think boxing has any room for more elite promotions.
Especially ones who pay like Zuffa.

BUT if they scrape the bottom of the barrel for unsigned and unknown fighters and try to use their hype machine to build them into stars it's not impossible to sell ZUFFA Boxing to the MMA crowd. If they manage that, then legit boxers MIGHT want piece of the steady action IF the pay is NOT like the UFC.

Longshot but not impossible I'm thinking.

If nothing else they can use it to stage MMA vs Boxing freakshows a few times per year and I'd watch!

Especially ones who pay like Zuffa.

BUT if they scrape the bottom of the barrel for unsigned and unknown fighters and try to use their hype machine to build them into stars it's not impossible to sell ZUFFA Boxing to the MMA crowd. If they manage that, then legit boxers MIGHT want piece of the steady action IF the pay is NOT like the UFC.

My first point is a direct reply: Actually just to save you time... I wrote a load of shit in response to this, but to summarise... I respect your point, but I just don't see it happening.

Basically, it would take so long for zuffa to establish themselves as a credible alternative to the seemingly endless list of options currently available to boxers of that calibre...the only boxers who could potentially be attracted would be has-beens, who might just take a few fights if only for nostalgia value... which is just plain sad.

My second point is this: the Fertita brothers, Dana and Zuffa have worked tirelessly since the inception of the organization, to bring MMA into the mainstream, to cement its legacy as a legitimate combat sport. They've pursued athletic commissions, defined a broad and transparent set of rules and simply done a fantastic job in taking MMA out of the gutter and establishing it as a credible, respected, internationally recognized & practised sport. One which is just starting to rival boxing in terms of popularity, especially with their relentless promotion of charismatic stars like McGregor, JBJ and Bisping etc. If they were to then jump into bed with boxing, I feel they would be seriously undermining all the work that has been done over the last 25+ years. I think the day zuffa delve into the world of boxing promotion, it would be a very sad day for the sport of MMA.

Lol

TS saw my post and made a thread
Just didn't understand it

Mystic UL

Last edited:
Back