Lets talk about Conor grappling

He's probably pretty good, considering he seems to have a good BJJ coach

He's never really been tested other than 1 time by 2 week Mendes. He did show a bit of defensive wrestling against Eddie, So the answer is probably good, but not sure

Think most in this thread have covered it....hes actualy pretty good but that may not be enough for khabib
As for training camp hes got gunnar , dillion dannis comes over from time to time and his coach despite what haters feel is legit
Yup. He's best working on his distance control and TDD . Maybe defensive grappling to survive until a stand-up. The Anderson Silva specoal

Yup. He's best working on his distance control and TDD . Maybe defensive grappling to survive until a stand-up. The Anderson Silva specoal
Yeah and having gunnar on you given the size diff and his grappling skills will sharpen you fast
The gallagher kid from that camp is also a grappler ,if i recall won a blue belt vjj tourney in europe and is known more for grappling than striking in his fast mma rise

Yeah and having gunnar on you given the size diff and his grappling skills will sharpen you fast
The gallagher kid from that camp is also a grappler ,if i recall won a blue belt vjj tourney in europe and is known more for grappling than striking in his fast mma rise
I'm not sure it will matter to be honest I don't think any amount of training will close the gap between him Tony/khabib. I also think Khabub makes him quit. The guy just made 100$, I'm not sure h3 has the heart to take the type of beating Johnson or Barboza did

I'd say his grappling is a little better than people give him credit for

And with grappling I mean wrestling, BJJ, Judo, etc. Anything related to stand up grappling to ground grappling. What’s your opinion about his BJJ coach, his wrestling coach and his training partners? Do you think we have enough evidence to make a full case about his grappling skills? He survived against a Gracie pretty well during a BJJ match, what you think about that?

First of all I’m a hater, I’m truly a hater and I want to start with recognizing that. Second, I want to be honest and recognize that as much as I tried to ignore it I still have a little bit of doubt about the claim he is a terrible or average grappler. The fact is that there’s a lack of data in order to come up with conclusions. Let’s discuss the 3 examples that everyone keeps talking about (I’m not counting his 2 sub loses from ages ago, that’s silly).

Chad Mendes is one of the best wrestlers and Conor didn’t prepare himself to fight an elite wrestler plus he claim he was injured? This is the best evidence that we have against Conor but still is not a perfect piece of evidence for the reasons described above.

Diaz submission is also used as an example but even a hater like me know this is not a very good piece of evidence since Conor gave up before that, he was tired and dizzy; we really didn’t see his grappling skills at all in neither of those fights.

Finally, probably the best example to his favor was his fight against Alvarez. Yes, Alvarez is a great fighter but nonetheless lets be honest he is a jack of all trades master of none, he’s is decent grappler but not elite, he doesn’t have the credentials and he haven’t outwrestled any elite grappler to make his case. I don’t believe he has the creativity and variations of take downs and throws that Khabib, Romero and other elite grapplers have.

Conclusion: His grappling skill level is a mystery (in my honest opinion) due to the lack of evidence.

P.S. sorry about my english (Second language.)
I think it’s underrated as hell.
Obviously he’s no T-Ferg, but it gets the job done well.

Here are my thougts:
-Stuffed HALF of Mendes’ takedowns. Half, despite being injured and spending the camp prepping for Aldo, a striker. Not bad at all, and he has improved tons in EVERY aspect since then.
-Swept Nate Diaz, a BJJ black belt who is no way inferior to someone like Ferguson on the mat. Finished the first round on top with effective GnP.
-Denied ALL of Alvarez’ takedown attempts (where guys like Pettis, the former champ, got outwrestled and grinded out). Controlled Alvarez on the ground, denied his sub attempts and rained down effective GnP.

I think you’d all be surprised how well he’d hold his own against any top-10 on the ground, with the exception of Kebab. However, I honestly don’t see Kebab getting it to the ground in the first place without eating that left hand flush.

Everyone but Cabo Diaz just decided to not dominate Conor with grappling out of the goodness of their heart imo
<DirkMavs>

Conor has been taken down more than 0 times and submitted more than 0 times so he is the worst grappler to ever exist.

He's not going to get submitted fresh anymore.

I'm not sure it will matter to be honest I don't think any amount of training will close the gap between him Tony/khabib. I also think Khabub makes him quit. The guy just made 100$, I'm not sure h3 has the heart to take the type of beating Johnson or Barboza did
I d disagree
Look at what hw went through in.diaz.scraps and tbe mayweather fight

U actually wrote all this about an imaginary subject?

I d disagree
Literally all before he made 100 million dollars . How do you go from living a millionaie lifestyle to getting pounded in a cage by a guy like khabib on top of you . I just don' see him wanting that at this point

I think it’s underrated as hell.
Obviously he’s no T-Ferg, but it gets the job done well.

Here are my thougts:
-Stuffed HALF of Mendes’ takedowns. Half, despite being injured and spending the camp prepping for Aldo, a striker. Not bad at all, and he has improved tons in EVERY aspect since then.
-Swept Nate Diaz, a BJJ black belt who is no way inferior to someone like Ferguson on the mat. Finished the first round on top with effective GnP.
-Denied ALL of Alvarez’ takedown attempts (where guys like Pettis, the former champ, got outwrestled and grinded out). Controlled Alvarez on the ground, denied his sub attempts and rained down effective GnP.

I think you’d all be surprised how well he’d hold his own against any top-10 on the ground, with the exception of Kebab. However, I honestly don’t see Kebab getting it to the ground in the first place without eating that left hand flush.
Got taken down within the 1st minute by chad. That "sweep" your talking about Mate barely resisted and is notorious for not minding being on his back. Alvarez was pretty much kod in the 1sr 2 minutes and STILL managed to push conor against the fence. Eddie also doesn' have the best takedowns. Using the Pettis fight is a terrible example . Pettis has god awful TDD and wrestling and Eddie literally just held him for 3 rounds. His worst performance in the UFC

Let’s look at it in terms of khabib’s opponents. I know it’s a stretch, but do we think Conor is a better legit grappler than ANY of khabibs opponents who he smashed other than Tibau?

I d disagree

That’s his point exactly. He didn’t have the money before those fights he does now. I’m not saying I agree I’m just pointing out the obvious.

Literally all before he made 100 million dollars . How do you go from living a millionaie lifestyle to getting pounded in a cage by a guy like khabib on top of you . I just don' see him wanting that at this point
I doubt he made that much and plenty of boxers made millions and still went back to war

Back