Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all

AliJones.jpg

The greatest of all time Boxing and the greatest of all time MMA.
Can people who know nothing about boxing stop talking about boxing. Ali is not the boxing Goat and never has been. He doesn't even crack the top 3.

Ali is not the boxing Goat you goof. Not even top 3
SRR
Harry greb
Sam Langford

LOL Harry Greb

Go in the streets and ask people who that is, don't eat or drink until you find one who does.

You could be in NY city and you'd still die of dehydration before you'd find someone who does.

An absolutely nobody is never going to be GOAT.

The problem with your argument is that when Fedor and others in Pride were on top, Pride was the top org in the world. So what does it matter if they never fought in UFC.

Let's say hypothetically after its sold the new owners screw up ufc and it disappears. Then Bellator becomes the top dog. And let's say Connor and Jones retire without fighting in Bellator while it's the number 1 org. Does that mean they can't be in discussion as the goat?

Silly logic

The problem with your argument is that Pride died and got bought by the UFC while Fedor was still on his undefeated run. UFC was the undisputed top org at that point and Fedor never fought in the UFC.

If the UFC dies and another org becomes the top org in MMA while Conor and Jones were still on their championship run, and they refuse to sign with said org, you bet they'll no longer be considered GOATs.

Actually Jones isn't even GOAT to begin with the guy can't sell PPV worth crap compared to Conor.

There's only one way to settle this weekly attempt at settling the GOAT questions:

il_570xN.622134928_qs3k.jpg

The goat piñata.

Not going to bother thread your post OP or the 5 pages worth of responses as I am probably smarter anyway (in fact, on speed I know I am).

Anyway,

GOAT = Jon Jones.

Go home, nothing to see here.

LOL Harry Greb

Go in the streets and ask people who that is, don't eat or drink until you find one who does.

You could be in NY city and you'd still die of dehydration before you'd find someone who does.

An absolutely nobody is never going to be GOAT.
I love how your fame has now become and indicator on how great you were. Guess Brock Lesnar is the MMA Goat with Connar in close second. Your argument is dumb. Ali is the most famous athlete of all time and one of the most influential athletes or even people for that matter but he is not the GOAT of boxing.

scarey%20goat.jpg

I am the real GOAT. the rest just want to be me.

I love how your fame has now become and indicator on how great you were. Guess Brock Lesnar is the MMA Goat with Connar in close second. Your argument is dumb. Ali is the most famous athlete of all time and one of the most influential athletes or even people for that matter but he is not the GOAT of boxing.

Since when was fame not an indicator of GOAThood? The GOAT in a publicized profession is naturally someone who is one of, if not the most famous at said publicized profession. Is the greatest basketball player not the most famous player of his time? Is the greatest US president not one of the most well known US presidents? Calling someone who's an absolutely no name a GOAT makes zero logical sense.

Fedor wins the polls every time. I like separating them by weight class though, they all deserve recognition

You tally the votes and after that every other answer than the winner is invalid? Hmm...

Who's currently viewed as the greatest usually comes down to 2 things: Who has the biggest fan base and who has done the most recently. Since the 3 prime suspects haven't done much, I'd guess Jones gets a lot of votes.

My personal choice is Fedor with Jones being close behind. Overall competition, longevity, dominance, one-sidedness, finishing ability and skill. Many of these are subjective.

Male GOAT: Conor McGregor.
Female GOAT: Ronda Rousey.

You cannot be GOAT if you haven't been in the UFC, sold more than 1 million PPVs as a headliner, landed on the cover of SI and won at least one ESPY award, that is all.

Saying Fedor as the GOAT is laughable. Look at the GOATs in other sports: boxing GOAT Ali -> most famous athlete like, ever. B-ball GOAT Jordan - billion dollar blockbuster draw. Being the biggest blockbuster draw is a pre-req for GOAT status. Fedor has never competed in the premier org in MMA, nor was he remotely close to the biggest star in the sport. He's no GOAT.
Trolling, right?

It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Silva
WW: GSP
LW: Penn
FW: Aldo
BW: Cruz
Fly: DJ

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin

Wouldn't it be easier to declare the winner by which fans through the most monkey shit at one another ....

If there's one thing I learned on Sherdog is that a thread named "Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all" is going to be far from ending anything anytime soon.

1.) Anderson Silva
2.) Fedor Emelianenko
3.) Jon Jones
4.) Georges St. Pierre
5.) Jose Aldo
6.) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
7.) Dan Henderson
8.) BJ Penn
9.) Fabricio Werdum
10.) Dominick Cruz

Fuck that other bullshit.

Can people who know nothing about boxing stop talking about boxing. Ali is not the boxing Goat and never has been. He doesn't even crack the top 3.

rs_560x415-150803074200-1024.Awkward-Conversation-Key-and-Peele.jl.080315.jpg

Okay..... I get it man. You know who Sugar Ray Robinson is. You have a different opinion than the majority. You wanna tell us how really feel. Its awkward.

If Werdum continues to decline, the likes of Cruz and Demetrious can overtake him.

Until then, don't be telling me that a man with the resume of Werdum is below guys like Dom and DJ. Do your research...

Back