Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all

It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Silva
WW: GSP
LW: Penn
FW: Aldo
BW: Cruz
Fly: DJ

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin

Very good list, I agree with all your choices maybe with the exception of BJ, there's no clear distinct GOAT in that weight class IMO, let's give RDA a couple of years.

As always, my pick is GSP. I'm okay with him not finishing fights, when you are fighting at such a high level, the opponents get tougher, look at all his title defenses, see how many times his opponents have been stopped in their careers, I'm willing to bet it's not all that much. The way he dominated all his fights, his reign, and eventually how he retired with the belt, other intangibles like his conduct outside of the octagon, he's one of he first few fighters that took the effort to make this sport legitimate wearing suits and shit. His sportsmanship, his respect for his opponents and of course his good looks (full erected penis homo), all these makes him the GOAT IMO. The guy went out on TOP, you can't say the same for Fedor and Anderson who are arguably in the top 3 P4P all time.

In a ring Fedor.

In a cage Jones.

If they were all the same relative size the Cruz would most likely decision everyone.

That's a pretty generic viewpoint. If they were all 240 pounds, Guys like Cruz and MM would be useless. They wouldn't be able to utilize their speed and elusiveness at such a high weight. If they were all 135ers, Jones and Fedor would have significantly less in the power department. Everybody likes to say "styles make fights". Well if that's the case, "size makes styles".

Saying Fedor as the GOAT is laughable. Look at the GOATs in other sports: boxing GOAT Ali -> most famous athlete like, ever. B-ball GOAT Jordan - billion dollar blockbuster draw. Being the biggest blockbuster draw is a pre-req for GOAT status. Fedor has never competed in the premier org in MMA, nor was he remotely close to the biggest star in the sport. He's no GOAT.

Fedor competed in the premier org which was Pride FC during his run, noobsauce.

LW : Penn......NAH. He beat a bunch of bums at Lightweight in his supposed ''best, fully motivated'' days. RDA has by far the better resume at LW.

It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin
The whole GOAT argument depends on a person's opinion and it can't be generalized into one list

For example, imo Frankie Edgar is the LW GOAT

goat you say

F7MaBuH.gif

Let the games begin

If overall GOAT, you gotta give it to the HW, which is Fedor.

But if in the future, Jones moved up and cleaned house, then he's definitely overall GOAT. But that's the future that may or may not happen. So we gotta to judge things as they stand.

However, if we talk Pound for Pound GOAT, then GSP makes a good case. A long and dominant reign, retired as champion. However, if he indeed comes back... then we shall have to wait and see his performance... it might cement his Pound for Pound GOAT, or it might cause him to drop.

I"m not saying Jones is P4P GOAT, simply because he's still in the midst of his career.

It's a sport stil, I it's infancy but at this point it's Jon Jones and GSP second .... No one else's is even close.

Fedor competed in the premier org which was Pride FC during his run, noobsauce.

Minotauro & Cro-cop= Combined 10-12 in the UFC...Both were in their early 30s when they came over and both were finished by the perpetually up and down Mir---who had already been rode hard and put up wet himself... Let's stop pretending it's blasphemous to mention Pride never drug tested.

Last edited:
Really don't see how anyone other than blind haters of anything mainstream can objectively place Fedor above JDS. 8 years removed from his breakout win and still HIGHLY relevant, even after suffering 3 devastating losses---arguably just had his best performance. Never wasted a single fight in his prime on the likes of Ogawa, Zulu, HMC, etc.

His collection of 5 UFC champs is also superior to Fedor's.

Seriously then, why isn' it ever mentioned regardin Nog, Mirko, & Fedor's subpar performances on US soil?

It is.

But regarding Nog, I don't think you can really fault his UFC carreer, he had been in some serious wars, taken a lot of damage, had a long carreer, and still became interim UFC champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartaa
Back