Let's remember Chuck Liddell

I was really rooting for Chuck. He looked good in most of his fights he lost. It was even sadder knowing that Chuck would have won had he not got KOd because he broke Franklins arm

Doesn't mean he would have won. Franklin would have still fought with the broken arm which is the same arm he used to knock out Chuck. He didnt know his arm was broke until after the fight

tenor.gif

Dude was a beast.
Badass fight against Silva. Went toe to toe, both guys throwing bombs at each other!
War Liddell!

I was really rooting for Chuck. He looked good in most of his fights he lost. It was even sadder knowing that Chuck would have won had he not got KOd because he broke Franklins arm
Far as I’m concerned he was winning the Franklin fight comfortably until the ko

I would rather not. Liddell was the moment when the UFC solidified its image as some kind of white trash, Ice Road Truckers type cultural event.

I'll give him some credit. He was one of the first guys who could actually get up consistently from the ground, but his striking was always vastly overrated, and he was destined to become a punching bag at some point.

He was just a more patient version of Mike Perry.

People liked guys like Silva and Liddell because they were suicide bombers, and they could get away with that in an era of horrible boxing. When they started facing guys with better boxing they were exposed. They had good enough ground games to survive the grappling, but that's it.

I consider Wanderlei another guy who doesn't look as good in retrospect. He was really not a great fighter at all. Wreckless, not very technical, and juiced to the gills.

Kerr is anther guy that should be reevaluated for praise considering he was juiced up, and fought smaller guys to build his record in an open weight era.

These guys deserve credit for being early adopters, but their legacies are going to change as the sport grows older. It happens in every sport.

Last edited:
I would rather not. Liddell was the moment when the UFC solidified its image as some kind of white trash, Ice Road Truckers type cultural event.

I'll give him some credit. He was one of the first guys who could actually get up consistently from the ground, but his striking was always vastly overrated, and he was destined to become a punching bag at some point.

He was just a more patient version of Mike Perry.

People liked guys like Silva and Liddell because they were suicide bombers, and they could get away with that in an era of horrible boxing. When they started facing guys with better boxing they were exposed. They had good enough ground games to survive the grappling, but that's it.

I consider Wanderlei another guy who doesn't look as good in retrospect. He was really not a great fighter at all. Wreckless, not very technical, and juiced to the gills.

Kerr is anther guy that should be reevaluated for praise considering he was juiced up, and fought smaller guys to build his record in an open weight era.

These guys deserve credit for being early adopters, but their legacies are going to change as the sport grows older. It happens in every sport.

Yeah because babe Ruth’s legacy has changed right? Or Jim Brown? Or Wilt Chamberlain? Get out of here. Obviously the sport has and will continue to evolve but chucks legacy will never change.

I miss watching Chuck getting knocked out cold. Nothing made me happier.

No way. The correct answer is Ronda of course, but Brock, Anderson, Chuck, and hell even Kimbo had more crossover appeal.

Tito’s popularity was the only thing that kept the ufc alive during its darkest hours.

Not the best fighter by any means, but his feud with the lions den put butts in the seats and sold ppvs.

Started watching UFC in 1998, and Chuck was the first fighter I really started rooting for. Loved his style of KO or be KO'd. His first fight with Tito was the most intense prefight and fight ever at that time. First real superfight in ZUFFA history, or at least to me it was. The most excited I have ever been watching MMA! When he got KTFO by Rashad Evans it was about the saddest I ever was in MMA. A natural born killer.

Back