Lets get something clear about Jones' heavyweight statements

When he said he would only fight small heavyweights he meant heavyweights close to his own size, guys like JDS Werdum and Cain as opposed to guys like Derrick Alexis Travis Browne Andy Framcis...

Wtf Did the majority of you scholars think he meant by smaller heavyweights? Are you really that dense or just biased?

He's always said he'd only go up to heavyweight against Cain or JDS. Those are the two main fights he's even entertain when it was first introduced. Why act all brand new?
All I know is Between Jon Jones and Kelvin Gastellum, one of them has pussyitis and won't dare face people hi own size, whilethe other has the balls to fight guys who are twice his size.

<13>

All I know is Between Jon Jones and Kelvin Gastellum, one of them has pussyitis and won't dare face people hi own size, whilethe other has the balls to fight guys who are twice his size.

<13>
Jones is facing guys his own size. If you wanna look at this realistically Jon Jones is a 230 pound man who cuts down to 205 to fight, just like most light heavyweights. Heck you have guys like DC who used to fight at 265 cutting down to lightheavyweight. Jones is longer than his oppoenents and was blessed by god with amazing reach but that doesn't mean he's not a lightheavyweight Rashad Rampage AJ and Gus all weigh 230 plus when they aren't fighting and Gus is just as tall as Jones yet you don't see anyone pestering him about fighting opponents at heavyweight.

How about Jon vs Struve?
Jon could boast that reach doesn't tarnish his skill set.
I've got no problem with Jon cutting to 205...
but I think he knows deep down that he doesn't want to fight DC at heavyweight

When he said he would only fight small heavyweights he meant heavyweights close to his own size, guys like JDS Werdum and Cain as opposed to guys like Derrick Alexis Travis Browne Andy Framcis...

Wtf Did the majority of you scholars think he meant by smaller heavyweights? Are you really that dense or just biased?

He's always said he'd only go up to heavyweight against Cain or JDS. Those are the two main fights he's even entertain when it was first introduced. Why act all brand new?
.... jds and Cain close to jones size..... jds is a lean kinda muscular 238-242 guy.... Cain is a 250 pudgy guy with great cardio .. jones before cutting to 205 is 217-220 max with anything over that being water .. jones has no legs ... a lot more size diff than you think.. pretty sure jones meant someone like werdum..

How about Jon vs Struve?
Did you see the D.C. Vs Josh Barnett fight D.C. Would gas even quicker. DC has looked like shit since entering the UFC he looked ok when he fought rumble the first time, looked good in the Gus fight and was meh in the second rumble fight

.... jds and Cain close to jones size..... jds is a lean kinda muscular 238-242 guy.... Cain is a 250 pudgy guy with great cardio .. jones before cutting to 205 is 217-220 max with anything over that being water .. jones has no legs ... a lot more size diff than you think.. pretty sure jones meant someone like werdum..
He's been talking about fighting JDS since 2012 and has been open to a Cain Velasquez fight after beating D.C. JDS is a big guy no doubt but he's not like one of these guys who cut from 270 like Jones is talking about. He'd beat JDS and Cain even though hey aren't the same fighters they were at their primes.

How about Jon vs Struve?
Struves height advantage is ridiculous he's not even that great a striker and he was giving Overeem problems at first 7' tall is unnatural

He's been talking about fighting JDS since 2012 and has been open to a Cain Velasquez fight after beating D.C. JDS is a big guy no doubt but he's not like one of these guys who cut from 270 like Jones is talking about. He'd beat JDS and Cain even though hey aren't the same fighters they were at their primes.
A lean muscular guy like jds is a lot more dangerous than a sloppy sack of crap like Lewis .. I mean in my opinion from seeing jones= werdum would be too big for jones lol.. jones would not do well at hw .. jones would crumple when hit buy any of those hws. And yes jones talks a lot and has because he's a drug addict etc.. but at the end of the day= he would not sign the papers to fight a hw

A lean muscular guy like jds is a lot more dangerous than a sloppy sack of crap like Lewis .. I mean in my opinion from seeing jones= werdum would be too big for jones lol.. jones would not do well at hw .. jones would crumple when hit buy any of those hws. And yes jones talks a lot and has because he's a drug addict etc.. but at the end of the day= he would not sign the papers to fight a hw
Crumble by heavyweight shots? I doubt it Jones has the a legitiment chin on him probably the best damn chin in MMA and plus who lands on Jones clean? A Gus was landing some big shots did some damage but nothing clean enough to knock him out. Nah Drugs got nothing to do with it fuck all that bull shit. He's considering heavyweight purely to entertain the fans and give some of these complainers something to be happy about. Ultimately he's in the right weight class and he always has been an actual true LH.

Jones is facing guys his own size. If you wanna look at this realistically Jon Jones is a 230 pound man who cuts down to 205 to fight, just like most light heavyweights. Heck you have guys like DC who used to fight at 265 cutting down to lightheavyweight. Jones is longer than his oppoenents and was blessed by god with amazing reach but that doesn't mean he's not a lightheavyweight Rashad Rampage AJ and Gus all weigh 230 plus when they aren't fighting and Gus is just as tall as Jones yet you don't see anyone pestering him about fighting opponents at heavyweight.
Kelvin cuts from about 200 lb .. could we use the same argument to say Kelvin is the same size as Luke, Souza, Weidman, Silva, Machida, Tim Kennedy, etc?

Kelvin cuts from about 200 lb .. could we use the same argument to say Kelvin is the same size as Luke, Souza, Weidman, Silva, Machida, Tim Kennedy, etc?
Kelvin is certainly not advantages in that area if that's what you're trying to imply in relation to Jones at light heavyweight. Heavyweight certainly isn't his weight class and he's the same size as light heavyweights only taller with a longer reach. Keep in mind most heavyweights or guys who are 6'1" - 6'3" only have 77" - 80" reaches.

If anything that's what the majority of you are doing lmfao. He was obviously referring to weight and he's been saying for years he'd rather fight a 240 pound heavyweight who is closer to his walk around weight than a 265 person. Some of you are so biased it's ridiculous.
There is literally nothing to talk about on this topic. Has he fought a HW? No. Will he? Probably not. Until he does, the discussion is pointless.

He's saying he will only fight against guys who he can reach with eye pokes you noon.

Oh look, it's "Jackson Wink Rep" alternate account, with same pic, slathering Bones helmet again.

You finally get banned for shit-posting?

Jones was pretty clear, and we KNOW what he meant. Last guy he fought with a similar frame to himself (Gus) nearly killed him.

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

OSP was the last one.

Jesus christ, jon!!!! You are going to fucking kill yourself if you lose, aren't you?!!! Yes, you are the people's champ and blessed by jenkis the carpeter and all of that crap. I am now rooting for you to win because I would hate for you to be the first fighter to kill himself because of the Sherdog crap you are going to have all over you if you lose. WAR jones! Now quit fucking posting you weak, pathetic moron!

Jesus christ, jon!!!! You are going to fucking kill yourself if you lose, aren't you?!!! Yes, you are the people's champ and blessed by jenkis the carpeter and all of that crap. I am now rooting for you to win because I would hate for you to be the first fighter to kill himself because of the Sherdog crap you are going to have all over you if you lose. WAR jones! Now quit fucking posting you weak, pathetic moron!
Man you're an idiot lol

Man you're an idiot lol
I may be an idiot, to you, but to me you are supposed to be "on top of the world" but, yet, here you are again, posting on Sherdog, trying to make it appear as if people, actually, like you. I told you that I would not respond to your posts, anymore, but this one was way over the top and you've gone from the "I can see a rainbow, everyone" to "I am the rainbow, everyone." I told you... just stop posting... it's embarrassing.

Let's get something else clear.....
Daniel Cormier is more dangerous when he doesn't cut.
He has a shit ton of body fat, he shouldn't even have to cut and his cut should be easy since he's cutting 5 piece popeyes chicken meals and not any muscle.

Back