Media Let the Strickland / Costa smack talk commence...

Costa needs to show me more in the cage before I start caring about his trash talk.
maxresdefault.jpg

Hell yeah. I like this shit. Not many hardcore fans wanna admit it but I have no problem to, im a sucker for pre fight drama/trash talk.

I'll watch the fight regardless so let's have some fun in the buildup.
If the fighters are decent at it and don't go too low brow or cringe, it can make the build up a bit more entertaining.

I expect these two to probably engage in some crazy stuff and maybe a near scrap outside of the cage at some point. lol

I want Sean to showcase his hybrid Wing Chun Boxing type style again that he has put on the map.
Its a great matchup though and the pre fight hype and trash talk will be very entertaining.

He can say whatever he likes, Strickland is still going to make him look stupid when it counts, in the octagon.
I agree. I don't know why so many here are acting like this is a 50/50 fight. Costa hasn't finished anyone since 2018. He couldn't even finish the shell of the corpse of Rockhold. Strickland went a combined 15 rounds with Cannonier, Izzy and DDP without getting finished. Just because Poatan (who's now KO-ing top LHWs) finished him doesn't mean he's fragile.

I expect it to be somewhat like Costa-Whittaker. A skilled striker vs. a brawler. I haven't seen anything from Costa that makes me thin he'll outstrike Sean and land more shots.

The twitter battle is probably going to be cringey, as hell. I expect the build up to Dricus/Izzy will be even more cringe inducing.

I guess we’ll see.

This could get fugly, Costa doesn't have the English command to sling mud at that MAGA madman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doubleEYEpoke
Back