Leon gave us the greatest moment in MMA history

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
People still shit talk him. It's crazy.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself son, pull that shit out of the fire!

Twice avenged his only loss in fucking forever, against a borderline GOAT, and in the dethrone moment gave us the iconic rocky moment. Motivates many people to never give up. His nickname was Rocky going in, and people still hate. It's mind boggling.

iu

Couldn't believe it when it happened. Thought Usman slipped or something and was scrambling to get up but no it was over...

So many times we see a fighter being down on the cards and say "this dude needs a stoppage to win". It's amazing when it actually happens.

Great moment.

Not the greatest moment in MMA history though.
What's better? Seriously, show me. Guy was hated on by everyone, had so much layoff time because of fight fallouts, covid, and got played by a typical sucker punch from Maz. Became a meme, even though he was on a massive W streak, came back in the dire moments of a fight, and showed what he was made of. Then cemented it with a dominant W against Usman again.

Guy is called Rocky, and actually gave us the best Rocky moment which has motivated so many people to tears, and his corner showed what a true support system is suppose to do. It was fucking legendary in every way.

Amazing on so many levels. If not for that kick, he goes 0-2 after being dominated and probably doesn’t fight for the title again as long as Usman was champ. Changed his life and derailed Usman’s WW goat trajectory. Seriously, one of the most consequential moments in UFC championship history.

Amazing on so many levels. If not for that kick, he goes 0-2 after being dominated and probably doesn’t fight for the title again as long as Usman was champ. Changed his life and derailed Usman’s WW goat trajectory. Seriously, one of the most consequential moments in UFC championship history.
Then dominated Usman in the next fight. Cemented himself. Poetic as can be. I fucking love this sport.

If you check my posts I've been dickriding Leon for years. I knew this whole time.

Then dominated Usman in the next fight. Cemented himself. Poetic as can be. I fucking love this sport.

If you check my posts I've been dickriding Leon for years. I knew this whole time.

I was pulling for Usman in both fights but have to respect what Leon did. What he did is very under appreciated in its historical context

Conor KO of Aldo was a greater moment. The stakes were the same, but the story and characters were way more compelling. Diaz beating McGregor was another moment that was greater for the same reasons I mentioned.
Nah, not even close. The whole world wanted Conor to win that, no one cared about Leon.

i thought it was an amazing ko, and great moment. but “the greatest moment in mma history?” cmon man. top 100 perhaps, but doubt it’s even top 50.

but yeah, all respect to leon edwards. he’s the man.

Conor KO of Aldo was a greater moment. The stakes were the same, but the story and characters were way more compelling. Diaz beating McGregor was another moment that was greater for the same reasons I mentioned.
Mcgregor/Aldo was an incredible moment but for different reasons.

Edwards was like 30 seconds away from losing the fight. Against a guy he already lost to in the past.

i thought it was an amazing ko, and great moment. but “the greatest moment in mma history?” cmon man. top 100 perhaps, but doubt it’s even top 50.

but yeah, all respect to leon edwards. he’s the man.

What's better? I'm still waiting for a poster to say what's better.
Not even top 50? Are you serious?

Couldn't believe it when it happened. Thought Usman slipped or something and was scrambling to get up but no it was over...

So many times we see a fighter being down on the cards and say "this dude needs a stoppage to win". It's amazing when it actually happens.

Indeed, from the first angle it didn't look like the hit was that hard, obviously enough to down Usman but not enough to finish him without additional strikes... the replay showed how brutal that kick really was.

And sure, now that Kamaru is 0-2 in his last 2, he became a bum that was never actually any good... but before that, he was currently the most serious contender for the official 5th finger of the GOAT hand
(others like Jose Aldo or Mighty Mouse got as close as him, but it was already in the past)

I still wouldn't call it "the greatest moment in MMA", as for me it would be either Shogun/Machida 2 or Randy Couture/Tim Sylvia
Lots of candidate for that greatest moment... Fedor slowly pushing prime Cro Cop into a corner was crazy too.
Nate Diaz finishing Conor McGregor was another great moment.

Had Leon dominated Usman in their trilogy fight that might has sealed the deal, but that was a muddy draw ("Majority Decision"), and who knows what would have happened had Leon not grabbed the fence in the 3rd round, or grabbed Usman's glove in the first? Edwards also kicked Usman hard in the balls in the second and third rounds

Serra destroying gsp in less than a round was more goat moment or dj flying armbar

ufc 100, hendo lands the flying h-bomb in front of the largest mma audience ever at that point.
I saw that when it happened, but the stakes were nowhere near the level. Loved it when it happened though and Ping had it coming. I love Bisping and loved his redemption arch, but Hendo deserved to land that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back