Media Leon Edwards says welterweight division is boring; doesn't want Belal or Shavkat; gunning for double champ

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score

What do you guys think? I wasn't a fan of Edwards before but I just became a fan, guy isn't scared to move up a weight.

Edwards gunning for McGregor status. Who still remembers his strut?

I’m not sure if Leon can get double gold. I’ll stream it though

I have no problem with him wanting a shot at double champ status, but the point is moot because it's not going to happen. The UFC did everything they could to avoid giving him the WW title shot; there's no way they'll give him a MW shot.

LOL The irony. The reason why the UFC made him win 10 times in a row before fighting for the belt was because he was boring.

In any case, Shavkat ain't boring. 100% finish rate.

This is why i miss the Tyron woodley era. say what you want but thats
when the welterweight division was stacked and super interesting.
You had undefeated Usman & Colby, Jorge Masvidal, Wonderboy, undefeated Ben askren looming,
Leon edwards Darren till, Mike Perry, Potentially connor, Nick or Nate...Man.

Now Look at the division<1>

if i was leon i would beat colby and belal, and then make my case.
let shavkat bo nickels and that ian connor rip off dude fight.
go for the money leon these fans nor dana give a dam about you

Last edited:

What do you guys think? I wasn't a fan of Edwards before but I just became a fan, guy isn't scared to move up a weight.

A fan? Because he wants to move up? Are you a moron? Champions move up because they get to renegotiate their contract, fight for a major title while not having to risk their own. It's the ultimate low risk, high reward situation. Champions who have like 2 defenses begging for super fights to be a 2 weight champ is boxing shit, it's business savvy and very safe decision. Leon's also asking because Sean is one of the weakest champs at 185lbs ever.

Leon needs to defend, champs shouldn't be asking for this shit until they've got 4 or 5 defenses, otherwise they can relinquish their title and go up in weight and fight a contender...they'd never though, too risky.

He cried and cried about not getting a title shot despite winning so much and now his denying the people are in the position he was in lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back