Media F Edwards: Belal may deserve Leon fight, but the fight game isn't fair

As a champ neither of these fights are going to net $$$, but there rightfully the 2 fights that are next in line for Leon.

If I was Leon I'd be campaigning to fight Garry, with a bit of promotion and shit stirring from the UFC this fight has the ability to do decent numbers, even if Garry is undeserving of a TS
After the bout that was O'Malley/Vera with Merab watching from the crowd, I'd rather see number 1 fight number 2 instead of number 8 at the moment.

As much as I don't want to agree with him it's the truth, Belal is a fight nobody wants to see but it maybe a fight he has to take to stay busy until a true exciting contender stakes a claim to a TS.

Belal is on a 9 fight win streak, why would you not want to see it sir?
The guy earned his title shot, unlike Colby, or Vera.

I honestly am starting to believe Leon sees massive threat in Belal. He's become so dismissive of this fight with even his coach saying they would prefer to fight Gilbert, right after Gilbert already lost to Belal. Belals win-streak is objectively better than Leons was when he got the titleshot.

I don't give a fuck that he won the first round of what should've been a five-rounder. Esp. considering Belal took it on short notice with his head coach not in the corner. Plus that first round is dramatically overrated in terms of Leons performance.

Sick of this bs.

Pretty much.

Leon's ko on usman feels as close to luck, as Nate deciding not to pursue.
Nate choked out Conor after using the same 1-2 punch ...
and he let leon off the hook.

Leon want's money fights so... at least if he loses... he gets paid. Makes sense.
Problem is Leon, Belal and Hamfat are forgettable.

Belal might be forgettable but at least he has earned his shot.

I honestly am starting to believe Leon sees massive threat in Belal. He's become so dismissive of this fight with even his coach saying they would prefer to fight Gilbert, right after Gilbert already lost to Belal. Belals win-streak is objectively better than Leons was when he got the titleshot.

I don't give a fuck that he won the first round of what should've been a five-rounder. Esp. considering Belal took it on short notice with his head coach not in the corner. Plus that first round is dramatically overrated in terms of Leons performance.

Sick of this bs.

Preach brother.

Couldn't have said it better myself sir.

I get why Belal should be next but who actually wants to see that fight? I guess let them fight and do jdm vs shavkat

Sick of this bs.

Or he sees his PPV points advantage being wasted away in a fight with Belal. Dude has waited long to become a champ and make some big bucks, so I think he intends to make the best out of that opportunity. Even if it's not fair to Belal.

Also, how many of y'all think the quote in the title is from Leon? It's his brother aying it, but kinda looks like people are holding Leon accountable for it.

Leon had a bunch of "money" fights in a row with usman 2x and colby. Enough of this shit. I don't feel bad he gets 1 title defense that is hard to sell. You can't just book nothing but the biggest names and call it a sport. Shavkat and Belal are pretty much locks on deserving title shots at this point.

Khamzat already left WW and isn't coming back, and right around 0 people care to watch Leon Scott try to point fight at MW.

What is the "big fight" that Leon Scott is half of? Colby was about the biggest PPV fight he could have, and he already had it, so eventually you're going to have accept that you have to work on your own promotional skills instead of just demanding opponents who already do. Point fighting with leg kicks and just saying "hundred percent" over and over in every press conference isn't going to get it done.

Maybe Islam moving up would be his next biggest fight, which would be much bigger than a nobody cares fight between Leon Scott and Dricus, but Islam might be fighting Poirier in a few months.
Who the hell is Leon Scott?

Leon would get manhandled at 185.. this stupid champ-champ thing needs to be stopped.

He is also not a draw at all so I really doubt UFC is going for that stupidity. Just feed Leon to Khamzat or Blahal and lets get a new champ.

morons are gonna be hating on the comment and somehow claiming Leon is ducking, but with the whole 300 situation, its quite obvious the UFC has no interest in Betal fighting for a title, I think he will get one but it would be as a last resort by the company because they can't find anyone else to fight Leon on the date they want.

If he wins he will probably get the Aljo treatment and be booked to fight Shavkat in 2 months during the press conferenc.

Back