Media Leon Edwards asks odd, out of the blue question

No he wouldn't.
I'm not sure what privilege you think the people you hate get, but people of that minority can often hate other people of a different minority (that you might also hate or like, that's irrelevant), and it's called racism. And has been demonstrated even in courts of law.

But don't let facts ruin your painted world. Largely painted, I assume with mostly white and black and few shades in between

*edit* Oh whoops, I'm sorry, you probably meant in the land of Twitter or something right? Yeah, no I'm talking about the world we live in. My bad. You can join us here. Or don't, won't make a difference to the rest of us

Last edited:
I thought she was Mexican but I'm probably biased since I'm from an area where most people are Mexican.

That's why ya ask right before orgasm.

"I'm French, actually"
*Pulls out*
I’m Scottish by decent, I try to get the most for my resources, “I’m thrifty”, others call me a miser or frugal. Back in the day when I still lived in NJ, I dated quite a few Jewish girls, I’d always go freestyle because I didn’t want to buy rubbers, I’d responsibly pull out to blow DNA. I mean could you Imagine the monstrosity of cheapskate a half Scotch-Jew would create…?

Although I suspect that me being tricked by a certain person was responsible for the housing bubble crash of the mid-2000’s, the timing was just right, never did the paternity test, the boy still works on Wall Street.

Last edited:
"French Italian, Russian German Polish" ..... How many parents do you have????? I like languages, ethnic genealogy, and all that, but sometimes I think people bring up every ethnic group from the last 300 years across their whole family and call themselves that.
It's weird. For an overly patriotic country like the USA, Americans are obsessed with being every little thing other than American.

I’m American and I ask ethnically ambiguous people questions about their ethnicity all the time. I’ve never run into a situation where anyone has been uncomfortable with that. I don’t blurt it out though lol.

It's weird. For an overly patriotic country like the USA, Americans are obsessed with being every little thing other than American.
Not to derail, but our politics are so 2 party partisan that nearly every interaction has everyone making these sort of Bayesian inferences that 'this was said, which almost always comes from this level of thinking, which people often use to come to this specific point,' and you end up categorizing people by it.

It's not much different than like a responder bias type thing. A question that should be innocuous is often asked purely out of curiosity, but when some people asks those 'innocuous' questions because there is a specific point they want to know, then you can pretty much guarantee they don't want to know for good reasons.

When "what background are you" is just as easy to ask as "are you arab," but only the latter question is usually asked by people whose reaction to your answer can be "Uh huh
d1d3a7340f5df5cd4ad70aabf8314ee3.jpg
"
then yeah, people are gonna be wary about the way you ask a question instead of the question itself, and the first question is usually much safer.

You end up much more with the above from the second question then you do "Oh you are Arab? Great, I'm looking for advice on this recipe I found.."

Not to derail, but our politics are so 2 party partisan that nearly every interaction has everyone making these sort of Bayesian inferences that 'this was said, which almost always comes from this level of thinking, which people often use to come to this specific point,' and you end up categorizing people by it.

It's not much different than like a responder bias type thing. A question that should be innocuous is often asked purely out of curiosity, but when some people asks those 'innocuous' questions because there is a specific point they want to know, then you can pretty much guarantee they don't want to know for good reasons.

When "what background are you" is just as easy to ask as "are you arab," but only the latter question is usually asked by people whose reaction to your answer can be "Uh huh
d1d3a7340f5df5cd4ad70aabf8314ee3.jpg
"
then yeah, people are gonna be wary about the way you ask a question instead of the question itself, and the first question is usually much safer.

You end up much more with the above from the second question then you do "Oh you are Arab? Great, I'm looking for advice on this recipe I found.."
Yeah I wasn't really talking about the question Leon asked or anything.

I was more just poking fun at how Americans always claim to be something other than American.

"I'm Irish"
"I'm Italian"
"I'm German"

Or the whole African American thing. You will never in a million years hear a black person from the UK say "I'm African English. I've even heard Americans refer to black people from other countries as African Americans which is hilarious.

The only exception is when you get someone who was born abroad but moved to the UK refer to themselves as a dual national.

Like someone who was born in Russia but moved to the UK when they were 10 might refer to themselves as Russian-British.

But you will almost never hear somebody in the UK with foreign parents or grandparents refer to themselves as being from those other nations. Or better yet, having some distant ancestry from 100s of years ago and still say "I'm Dutch" lol.

The irony is that claiming to be anything other than American is such a distinctly American thing, which makes them eben more American to anybody not from there.

"French Italian, Russian German Polish" ..... How many parents do you have????? I like languages, ethnic genealogy, and all that, but sometimes I think people bring up every ethnic group from the last 300 years across their whole family and call themselves that. You should probably pick the most recent or the one with the most elapsed time and stick with that. If your ancestors lived in Germany for 500 years, one of them moved to England, and then their children moved to America and had you, are you really English?

Everybody has 4 grandparents and each of your grandparents has 4 grandparents of their own. That is 16 ancestors (4x4) going back only around 100 years (4x25) before your birth.

What was happening around 120 years ago in Europe? It was a horrible mess hurtling towards World War 1. People from all across Europe were fleeing en masse to North and South America.

You only have go back around 100 years in the past to have 16 distinct ancestors. And those 16 could have all be born in different countries due to the cesspool that was Europe as it headed towards World War 1. So your rant about 300-500 years makes no sense.

With regards to Leon Edwards, ethnicity is top of mind to him. He self identifies as British, but most Brits see him as Jamaican.

Yeah I wasn't really talking about the question Leon asked or anything.

I was more just poking fun at how Americans always claim to be something other than American.

"I'm Irish"
"I'm Italian"
"I'm German"

Or the whole African American thing. You will never in a million years hear a black person from the UK say "I'm African English. I've even heard Americans refer to black people from other countries as African Americans which is hilarious.

The only exception is when you get someone who was born abroad but moved to the UK refer to themselves as a dual national.

Like someone who was born in Russia but moved to the UK when they were 10 might refer to themselves as Russian-British.

But you will almost never hear somebody in the UK with foreign parents or grandparents refer to themselves as being from those other nations. Or better yet, having some distant ancestry from 100s of years ago and still say "I'm Dutch" lol.

The irony is that claiming to be anything other than American is such a distinctly American thing, which makes them eben more American to anybody not from there.
Ah, my bad. I saw a few "only in america" posts, and I thought most were talking about the question itself. Yeah, we come from immigrants, so before we had this huge explosion of hyper nationalism, everyone talked about their roots.

I always laugh at that designation too, cuz it's funny to watch some PC police say a black English person is "African American," and I'm just like "think about that sentence for 2 seconds please."

It was a kinda new phenomenon to me when I'd see like Russian speaking people from Russian born parents who moved to Germany right before that person was born, so they're German. I don't think either is wrong, they're just answering different questions. Nationality is a thing, and background does matter, so hey, have both. The only problem is people think both are asked the same way, and I think the Americans are the ones screwing that up

And nothing abnormal about that. Socially awkward could easily apply to Arnold Allen . Extroverts they are not.

Everybody has 4 grandparents and each of your grandparents has 4 grandparents of their own. That is 16 ancestors (4x4) going back only around 100 years (4x25) before your birth.

What was happening around 120 years ago in Europe? It was a horrible mess hurtling towards World War 1. People from all across Europe were fleeing en masse to North and South America.

You only have go back around 100 years in the past to have 16 distinct ancestors. And those 16 could have all be born in different countries due to the cesspool that was Europe as it headed towards World War 1. So your rant about 300-500 years makes no sense.

With regards to Leon Edwards, ethnicity is top of mind to him. He self identifies as British, but most Brits see him as Jamaican.
My point was that can you REALLY claim an identity if you only had one generation from a region? A lengthy family tree from one region is stronger than having 16 different groups from only one generation. At the end of the day, everyone is a mix depending on far you go back and my argument is how far can you go back and how small of a percentage can you claim before you just begin padding your resume?

I'm not sure what privilege you think the people you hate get, but people of that minority can often hate other people of a different minority (that you might also hate or like, that's irrelevant), and it's called racism. And has been demonstrated even in courts of law.

But don't let facts ruin your painted world. Largely painted, I assume with mostly white and black and few shades in between

*edit* Oh whoops, I'm sorry, you probably meant in the land of Twitter or something right? Yeah, no I'm talking about the world we live in. My bad. You can join us here. Or don't, won't make a difference to the rest of us
I know what the definition of racism is. But in the US, Leon would always get a 'pass' for saying racist things. And by that, the media would always give him a pass. Any free thinking amercian would absolutely see it as racism.

Back