Leo Kuntz reacts to fight fixing investigation of his last UFC fight

It's okay I double reported myself too.

(Just to be safe)

giphy.gif
At a boy

I’m just thinking hey, this is good for me just because it’s getting my name out there, even though something controversial. It’s still good for me as well

I must say, that's pretty pathetic.

Probably a lot more common than anyone thinks. The UFC probably just looks the other way if the event generated good money.
the guy went from a 2-1 favorite to a 3-1 underdog in a matter of hours. I've never seen that happen before. Not saying there hasn't been a fixed fight in the modern MMA or UFC era, but this is definitely an extreme case.

I mean, after the fact, it's really not the responsibility of the UFC to somehow ensure that outside fixes aren't happening, and TBH I'm impressed that their staff even caught on to it in the short amount of time that the lines changed and they confronted the fighters about it.

I think as an organization, it makes sense for them to try to dissuade this type of thing to protect the entertainment value of their product and the integrity of their product. But once the fight is over, this is really is matter for legal officials to handle.

No such thing as bad publicity, is how the saying goes.

Never agreed with that belief. Being happy that people know you managed to lose a fixed fight simply because it puts your name out there. No point in remaining in the fight business if you know you are so bottom tier and mediocre that you got to rely on something like that to get some notice.

Back