Least favorite part of training?

I don't like the silly self defense moves that are too advanced for the novices learnng them and or are inefficient compared to other moves.

I also dislike how a lot off people are allergic to takedowns.

Last edited:
"OSSS!!!!!" - That just needs to stop. Immediately.

People coming in sick and/or letting their kids take class sick. Between the guys who think they're hardcore tough-guys because they came to class sick as a dog, and the parents who bring their kids in despite the fact that they have mucous streaming out of every single orifice in their head , I end up getting sick myself way too often. Then, because I'm not "That Guy", I stay home and miss training time.

Those occasional long stretches where our instructor spends a month or two on things that are either too advanced for me, or in things that aren't necessarily "advanced", but that I really struggle to implement.

I'd have to agree with the guys that said laundry and an irrational fear of skin infections. I've had a couple zits that led me down the rabbit hole of image searching staph infections lol
I've had staph twice. I don't even know how I got it. Once was my upper thigh and I always wear gi pants gi or no gi. Another was on my ankle 4 days after training. So I don't know.

disappointing people with my lack of conditioning. nothing better than being a has-been who can't.

I hear you bro.

Anything cardio related, which is everything basically.

Gettign hurt a lot more easy now that Im back at 41 after a 6 year lay off really sucks. Seems when I get on a roll and get some improvement happening I get a rib injury. Cant roll when it hurts to breathe.

Back