Least Athletic Elite Boxer?

If youre top 10 in boxibg you either have good cardio, good power or some mix of the two. With that said a lot of the higher weight Latinos have that Nate Diaz body type that looks really unathletic.

JMM has low athleticism for such an elite boxer.

Glen Johnson is probably the least athletic world level boxer I could think of. Not sure if he was ever elite but he was world class given how he made Froch struggle.

Golovkin has good power and great stamina. Besides that, not much else in terms of athletic attributes. Stamina, power, chin, good skills (world class jab but should go to the body with it) and relentlessness have taken him a long way.

JMM has low athleticism for such an elite boxer.

I don't know about that. At his best he had excellent conditioning, very good power, and he wasn't exactly slow, either.

Glen Johnson is probably the least athletic world level boxer I could think of. Not sure if he was ever elite but he was world class given how he made Froch struggle.

I think he was definitely elite when he beat Jones, Tarver, and the mighty Clinton Woods in the same year (I'm fairly sure he was named FOTY by Ring that year).

I don't know about that. At his best he had excellent conditioning, very good power, and he wasn't exactly slow, either.
conditioning, I will grant you but he appeared more powerful than he was because of impeccable timing on his counterstrikes. I suppose that could be an athletic attribute as well though.

GGG is the king of somewhat "not athletic" boxing champions. RJJ is another honerable mention.

Roy Jones Jr? Trolling??

Maybe if we're talking about the 2017 version. Prime RJJ is one of the most athletic guys ever seen in a boxing ring.

On a side note, GGG isn't the quickest guy around, but his chin, stamina and power make him an impressive athlete in my book.

I think he was definitely elite when he beat Jones, Tarver, and the mighty Clinton Woods in the same year (I'm fairly sure he was named FOTY by Ring that year).

Forgot how close the spacing was for that. Thanks for the reminder, definitely elite then.

Definitely a quality boxer. Johnson's record might have been better if he hadn't had to box on so many people's backyards. As an athlete the guy was deceptive but I wouldn't call him one of the least athletic elite boxers. I saw his last fight in Miami against Yildirim and at 45 he was able to fight at a very fast pace against a young, athletic youngster, even if he lost the decision.

Yildirim is no joke, BTW. The Eubank fight will be interesting.

Maybe if we're talking about the 2017 version. Prime RJJ is one of the most athletic guys ever seen in a boxing ring.

On a side note, GGG isn't the quickest guy around, but his chin, stamina and power make him an impressive athlete in my book.

If we're talking about today's RJJ then sure. I guess the guy was trying to be funny by adding RJJ who's now old and beyond washed up, he's absolutely shot. At his peak Roy has my vote for likely being the most athletic fighter P4P (speed, power, reflexes, agility) in boxing history.

Don't know why people are saying Toney, just because he was a fat tub of goo doesn't mean he wasn't athletic. He was a good young promising quarter back in his young days, in the early days of his career his reflexes and timing were off the charts, the guy never really displayed terrible cardio at HW despite being grossly overweight. Fuck the guy didn't even train, his training regime consisted of burger king, speed ball and sparring yet he still had a very respectable career even as a HW.

Back