Leandro Lo vs Gordon Ryan!

leaf22

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Braulio got injured, Gordon has stepped up to fight Lo at the ADCC trials. If anyone is watching please do a pbp

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/leandro-lo-defeats-gordon-ryan-via-points-adcc-west-coast-trials/

Gordon Ryan didn’t go to the ADCC West Coast Trials looking for a fight, but that’s what he got. Best of all, he got it against a man he had wanted to fight for a long time, Leandro Lo.

Two two spent the first five minutes in an aggressive collar tie. Gordon chased Lo, looking for the takedown, and Lo pushed him away.

Leandro eventually got the takedown and went into half guard. Instead of passing, Leandro chose to stand up as Ryan tried to pull him down into his butterfly guard.

Lo kept on backing off, though, earning himself two warnings for stalling. Ten minutes passed and Leandro could not get around Gordon’s open guard.

Gordon tried to get aggressive at one point, but Leandro ran and Gordon could not take his back. The referee took another point away from Lo.

Down one point, it looked like the match could have gone in Ryan’s favor, but Leandro Lo scored a takedown and earned himself two points. Minutes later, he earned himself two more, extending his lead to 4-0.

Try as he could, and despite the applause he earned for taking a fight on five minutes notice, Leandro Lo walked out with the victory.

Winner via points, Leandro Lo!

Not a good showing by Lo; Felipe Pena secret underrated GOAT?

Also fucking shit Braulio needs to stop getting injured, it'd be nice to see him compete again some time this decade.

Not a good showing by Lo; Felipe Pena secret underrated GOAT?

Also fucking shit Braulio needs to stop getting injured, it'd be nice to see him compete again some time this decade.

He beat a guy who is supposed to be one of the best no GI player in the sport. Lo does GI way more and Gordon couldn't even attempt a sub.

Martinez and Gordon lost to guys who train in the GI year around.

Stop hating.

He beat a guy who is supposed to be one of the best no GI player in the sport. Lo does GI way more and Gordon couldn't even attempt a sub.

Stop hating.

Is Bruno not fighting MMA anymore?

Where are all of thoso who said Ryan could take Leandro? Lo is an animal

Stop hating.

So basically GI training makes you better at nogi.

I can see this thread turning towards above topic rapidly.

pbp makes it sound like a pretty boring match.. too bad. was hoping lo would go apeshit on gordon if they ever met.

Stop hating.

Lol, so after all the tut-tut'ing and poo-poo'ing suddenly Gordon is 'one of the best (nogi) players there is' now when it suits the narrative? And what the fuck is with bringing up Martinez and GI shit out of the blue like that?

He obviously is and has been of course but i find this abrupt about face on the matter by jaundiced partisans (like yourself) funny.

Lucas Lepri wrecked shop last ADCC vs Garry Tonon; Lo's game is clearly more Gi specific, and that's the facts jack.

Don't get so pissy and defensive bro.

Last edited:
Gi or no gi, Lo spent most of the time running. What did he win on? Takedowns. C'mon son. I love Lo as much as anybody but he fought like a bitch.

Gordon rule set are sub only... Mad props to lo though...

Gi or no gi, Lo spent most of the time running. What did he win on? Takedowns. C'mon son. I love Lo as much as anybody but he fought like a bitch.
Pulling out from attempted entries to ashi is not running away. Lo cancelled Gordon's game completely.

Leandro never looked as good in nogi... and this wasn't Ryan's favourite ruleset either, although for somebody who self proclaims the best nogi grappler of the world, he should have been the favourite here... :D

Leandro never looked as good in nogi... and this wasn't Ryan's favourite ruleset either, although for somebody who self proclaims the best nogi grappler of the world, he should have been the favourite here... :D

I think felipe showed ryan hes not the best no gi player in the world lol..

Lol, so after all the tut-tut'ing and poo-poo'ing suddenly Gordon is 'one of the best (nogi) players there is' now when it suits the narrative? And what the fuck is with bringing up Martinez and GI shit out of the blue like that?

He obviously is and has been of course but i find this abrupt about face on the matter by jaundiced partisans (like yourself) funny.

Lucas Lepri wrecked shop last ADCC vs Garry Tonon; Lo's game is clearly more Gi specific, and that's the facts jack.

Don't get so pissy and defensive bro.

I said LO was better in GI matches already.. You know Gordon specifically trains no GI. LO took the fight with 5 minutes notice and still won convincingly.

It seems like you don't like LO for whatever reason.

So basically GI training makes you better at nogi.

I can see this thread turning towards above topic rapidly.

No. But it's no accident that guys who trained in GI for there jiu jitsu career end up winning no GI tournaments like adcc.

No. But it's no accident that guys who trained in GI for there jiu jitsu career end up winning no GI tournaments like adcc.

is not, is not a coincidence they train with the best grapplers in the world constantly either, and ibjjf tournaments are based on points, adcc resembles more to that than sub only.

Ryan is not the best no gi grappler in the world, hes certntly elite, submitting keenan is no joke, but I dont see him winning adcc, ever.

I said LO was better in GI matches already.. You know Gordon specifically trains no GI. LO took the fight with 5 minutes notice and still won convincingly.

It seems like you don't like LO for whatever reason.

It's seems like you're pointlessly presumptuous, adversarial, and disingenuous.

But who's counting?

Back