Leaked internal notice - Rener and Ryron Gracie distance themselves from Ralek, do not support him

Big Nasty Edison

Excellence of execution belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.flograppling.com/article...sue-statement-urging-caution-of-brother-ralek

Ryron and Rener Gracie sent an internal email last week cautioning Gracie Certified Training Center owners not to do business with their brother, Ralek Gracie.

In a leaked email seen by FloGrappling, Ryron and Rener issued a statement distancing themselves from their younger brother's business practices following his increasingly controversial handling of the professional jiu-jitsu event Metamoris.

Following an affirmation that they have no involvement or stake in Metamoris, the email contains a strongly worded warning for Gracie Certified Training Center instructors not to engage with Ralek or the event.

"We have no stake in Metamoris, but we have always supported our brother, Ralek," the email reads.

"Although we haven't always agreed with the Metamoris business practices, we never felt it was our place to publicly express our concerns with the operation... until now."

Did Ralek not pay his fighters?

Yes, a short list of grievances with Ralek:

• Not paying competitors and criticizing them when they complain about it
  • Announcing matches and promoting events with guy's names before they have signed or committed to a contract
  • Overcharging people and not issuing refunds
  • Use a non-secure website to process credit card number transactions

Yes, a short list of grievances with Ralek:

• Not paying competitors and criticizing them when they complain about it
  • Announcing matches and promoting events with guy's names before they have signed or committed to a contract
  • Overcharging people and not issuing refunds
  • Use a non-secure website to process credit card number transactions

o_O

They don't want to be associated with anyone unscrupulous. That could hurt belt sales.

gracie11-376x668.jpg

Gracie-Academy-Intrutor-620x330.jpg

i've seen that black belt girl's image twice now... what's the story on that?

i've seen that black belt girl's image twice now... what's the story on that?

She and her sister were Gracie Academy internet blue belts who were teaching while wearing their "karate" black belt. A style of karate that their dad apparently made up. Not to mention the style of black belt they wear is exclusive to BJJ and they wear them with Gracie Academy jiu-jitsu gis.

She and her sister were Gracie Academy internet blue belts who were teaching while wearing their "karate" black belt. A style of karate that their dad apparently made up. Not to mention the style of black belt they wear is exclusive to BJJ and they wear them with Gracie Academy jiu-jitsu gis.
They used to wear their Karate Black Belts with their Gracie Academy Gis. This was addressed and corrected like a year ago. These girls actually train everyday while dead beats go on the Internet and make fun of them. Fly to Denver, drive over and roll with them.

They used to wear their Karate Black Belts with their Gracie Academy Gis. This was addressed and corrected like a year ago. These girls actually train everyday while dead beats go on the Internet and make fun of them. Fly to Denver, drive over and roll with them.

It was "corrected" because a bunch of people who have actually earned belts in BJJ, including multiple black belts called them out on their bullshit. These girls knew exactly what they were doing.

What do you mean that they actually train everyday?

They choose to watch videos online and earn their belt online.

Is there no BJJ gym where they live where they could train everyday before looking at the option of running their business?

What happen the good old days of learning and training under a bb?

And what good would it be for me to fly to train with them?

What do they really bring to the mats?

How many hours of private classes have they done with Renee?

How many hours of rolling have they done?

Even if they are physically too small, how many years of coaching BJJ experience can they bring on the mats?

I could learn under someone that has over 10 years experience coaching with a decent team.

What kind of parents or coach let kids be in charge of a martial art program?

Last edited:
the worst part was that Ralek used the credit card info of customers and made several new withdrawals. thats beyond disgusting.

where is Rorion in all this?

It was "corrected" because a bunch of people who have actually earned belts in BJJ, including multiple black belts called them out on their bullshit. These girls knew exactly what they were doing.
Never made a mistake before huh? Shit happens. You learn and you move on.

It was corrected because R and R were made aware of what was happening and fixed that shit. It was most likely 2 years ago, also. yeah, some dumb teenage bitches messed up. End of the world.

PS they were dumb girls who probably did not know a lot about bjj culture and all that shit and they were corrected.

Is there no BJJ gym where they live where they could train everyday before looking at the option of running their business?

Even if they are physically too small, how many years of coaching BJJ experience can they bring on the mats?

I could learn under someone that has over 10 years experience coaching with a decent team.

What good does it do so sit here and whine about people you will never interact with and that fucked up and got smacked down for it years ago.

While Ralek seems to be fucking up and not changing. So it seems these girls are better than Ralek in that regard.

Someone from the underground did exactly that and was told to leave or they would call the police. The guy who posted said he was extremely polite about it and just wanted a friendly roll.

Why the hate. People make mistakes, learn, and improve. That's kind of life. Kind of like Jiu Jitsu. Thank God they didn't quit because they made a mistake. Could you imagine a world if you made a mistake and failed you just quit.

Now to answer your questions.

1. I mean they train everyday while there are people who make fun of them and never step on a mat. Lichen I know you train but a lot of people here dont.
2. They watch videos, train, fly to CA and train there, go to seminars. Fuck man they train. Why doesn't that count for anything
3. Look on a map of CO where they are vs where the other schools are. EASTON jiu jitsu is probably the best. It's going to be an hour or more for them. And what they hell is wrong with young people wanting to start a business in their own community. They do go to the gracie academy in CA to train for BB instruction. I think it's great at a young age they are trying to run a business. So many other people just complain about work.
4.what fuckin good old days are.you talking about. I started in 96 and there wasn't a black belt less than 600 miles from me. I trained with Rorion's lawyer who was a blue belt in bjj and black belt in kenpo. When did you start cause.the good old days a black belt was fuckin hard to find.
5. NO NEED FOR YOU TO GO YOUR PERFECT MAN. YOU SHOULDN'T WANT TO GO AND HELP THE NEXT GENERATION OF JIU JITSU PRACTICIONERS WHO WANT TO KEEP OUR SPORT GOING. This was meant for the people that never train but talk shit.
6. They bring a place to train in the middle of no where. I guess people where they are should just not train? They have classes everyday. So by now they have been training for a few years. What.does someone who trains everyday for a few years bring to the mat? Oh and they have a structured cirriculum laid out for them so they are learning in the right sequence. Lichen I thought you were a big fan of cirriculum.
7 and 8. Call them and ask instead of talking shit. I bet you they would calmly answer your dumb questions.
9. Did you just say they are physically small like it's a bad thing? I thought Helio was small. Isn't that what jiu jitsu is all about.
10. Leichen I know you are awesome and can only learn from a bb. I wish everyone was like thay. Shit. I've been doing this a while and I always learn no matter.who i train with. But again you are perfect.

Don't hate just train.

Back