Leaked internal notice - Rener and Ryron Gracie distance themselves from Ralek, do not support him

Hmm suspect at best.

Suspect in what way? It was a well-documented encounter.

As to them being far away from quality instruction: there is an Easton team school in Ft. Collins, McMahon BJJ; Catalyst BJJ, Ribiero team BB coach, is 20min east; and Trails MMA (also in the town) has awesome striking and wrestling, BJJ under Fabiano Schermer/Gracie Barra. Plenty on quality instruction, right around the corner.

Further, the sisters were driving down to Broomfield to train with Bang. They had to pass a couple Easton schools, Zingano, and Jubera JJ just to get there.

In my opinion, they went with Gracie U to add BJJ to their karate curriculum. It was a business decision, not about getting the best training. Going that direction was totally their choice, just as it is ours to legitimately critique what they really add to the martial arts scene.

Why the hate. People make mistakes, learn, and improve. That's kind of life. Kind of like Jiu Jitsu. Thank God they didn't quit because they made a mistake. Could you imagine a world if you made a mistake and failed you just quit.

Now to answer your questions.

1. I mean they train everyday while there are people who make fun of them and never step on a mat. Lichen I know you train but a lot of people here dont.
2. They watch videos, train, fly to CA and train there, go to seminars. Fuck man they train. Why doesn't that count for anything
3. Look on a map of CO where they are vs where the other schools are. EASTON jiu jitsu is probably the best. It's going to be an hour or more for them. And what they hell is wrong with young people wanting to start a business in their own community. They do go to the gracie academy in CA to train for BB instruction. I think it's great at a young age they are trying to run a business. So many other people just complain about work.
4.what fuckin good old days are.you talking about. I started in 96 and there wasn't a black belt less than 600 miles from me. I trained with Rorion's lawyer who was a blue belt in bjj and black belt in kenpo. When did you start cause.the good old days a black belt was fuckin hard to find.
5. NO NEED FOR YOU TO GO YOUR PERFECT MAN. YOU SHOULDN'T WANT TO GO AND HELP THE NEXT GENERATION OF JIU JITSU PRACTICIONERS WHO WANT TO KEEP OUR SPORT GOING. This was meant for the people that never train but talk shit.
6. They bring a place to train in the middle of no where. I guess people where they are should just not train? They have classes everyday. So by now they have been training for a few years. What.does someone who trains everyday for a few years bring to the mat? Oh and they have a structured cirriculum laid out for them so they are learning in the right sequence. Lichen I thought you were a big fan of cirriculum.
7 and 8. Call them and ask instead of talking shit. I bet you they would calmly answer your dumb questions.
9. Did you just say they are physically small like it's a bad thing? I thought Helio was small. Isn't that what jiu jitsu is all about.
10. Leichen I know you are awesome and can only learn from a bb. I wish everyone was like thay. Shit. I've been doing this a while and I always learn no matter.who i train with. But again you are perfect.

Don't hate just train.

LOL, a legit Easton/Renzo black belt has been teaching in their town for almost a decade. There's also a Ribeiro affiliate about 10 minutes away in Windsor, CO. These girls aren't bringing jiu-jitsu to some desolate wasteland.

Suspect in what way? It was a well-documented encounter.

As to them being far away from quality instruction: there is an Easton team school in Ft. Collins, McMahon BJJ; Catalyst BJJ, Ribiero team BB coach, is 20min east; and Trails MMA (also in the town) has awesome striking and wrestling, BJJ under Fabiano Schermer/Gracie Barra. Plenty on quality instruction, right around the corner.

Further, the sisters were driving down to Broomfield to train with Bang. They had to pass a couple Easton schools, Zingano, and Jubera JJ just to get there.

In my opinion, they went with Gracie U to add BJJ to their karate curriculum. It was a business decision, not about getting the best training. Going that direction was totally their choice, just as it is ours to legitimately critique what they really add to the martial arts scene.
Suspect in that I could say I went there and they tapped me out. But nobody was there to.actually see it. If police called not sure how.polite he was .

Man I was in Boulder and looking for a place to train. Fort Collins was too far so I went to Eastons, which was awesome. I didn't see any other schools close to fort Collins. Thsee other schools (businesses) should step up their marketing cause these 2 strip blue belts are kicking their ass in marketing. School is full and they are making money. Is that why people hate? They made a choice to add BJJ to their Karate school and this is a bad choice?
Again they made a bad decision and fixed it.
I have a picture with Caiques black belt at the first ever gracie tournament in like 97. Mistake. Maybe. Did it kill me, nope. And he's still a good friend.

PS they were dumb girls who probably did not know a lot about bjj culture and all that shit and they were corrected.

This is actually support of the other side of things.

A person who is promoted to blue belt without understanding bjj culture enough already to know this is a big taboo, is a person in a watered down program.

If those girls were in any kind of half way normal/decent program, no way they would make it to blue belt without knowing this kind of thing.

Suspect in that I could say I went there and they tapped me out. But nobody was there to.actually see it. If police called not sure how.polite he was .

Man I was in Boulder and looking for a place to train. Fort Collins was too far so I went to Eastons, which was awesome. I didn't see any other schools close to fort Collins. Thsee other schools (businesses) should step up their marketing cause these 2 strip blue belts are kicking their ass in marketing. School is full and they are making money. Is that why people hate? They made a choice to add BJJ to their Karate school and this is a bad choice?
Again they made a bad decision and fixed it.
I have a picture with Caiques black belt at the first ever gracie tournament in like 97. Mistake. Maybe. Did it kill me, nope. And he's still a good friend.

Enjoy.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/for...lins-waiting-for-them-to-open:2495974?pc=1151

Why the hate. People make mistakes, learn, and improve. That's kind of life. Kind of like Jiu Jitsu. Thank God they didn't quit because they made a mistake. Could you imagine a world if you made a mistake and failed you just quit.

Now to answer your questions.

1. I mean they train everyday while there are people who make fun of them and never step on a mat. Lichen I know you train but a lot of people here dont.
2. They watch videos, train, fly to CA and train there, go to seminars. Fuck man they train. Why doesn't that count for anything
3. Look on a map of CO where they are vs where the other schools are. EASTON jiu jitsu is probably the best. It's going to be an hour or more for them. And what they hell is wrong with young people wanting to start a business in their own community. They do go to the gracie academy in CA to train for BB instruction. I think it's great at a young age they are trying to run a business. So many other people just complain about work.
4.what fuckin good old days are.you talking about. I started in 96 and there wasn't a black belt less than 600 miles from me. I trained with Rorion's lawyer who was a blue belt in bjj and black belt in kenpo. When did you start cause.the good old days a black belt was fuckin hard to find.
5. NO NEED FOR YOU TO GO YOUR PERFECT MAN. YOU SHOULDN'T WANT TO GO AND HELP THE NEXT GENERATION OF JIU JITSU PRACTICIONERS WHO WANT TO KEEP OUR SPORT GOING. This was meant for the people that never train but talk shit.
6. They bring a place to train in the middle of no where. I guess people where they are should just not train? They have classes everyday. So by now they have been training for a few years. What.does someone who trains everyday for a few years bring to the mat? Oh and they have a structured cirriculum laid out for them so they are learning in the right sequence. Lichen I thought you were a big fan of cirriculum.
7 and 8. Call them and ask instead of talking shit. I bet you they would calmly answer your dumb questions.
9. Did you just say they are physically small like it's a bad thing? I thought Helio was small. Isn't that what jiu jitsu is all about.
10. Leichen I know you are awesome and can only learn from a bb. I wish everyone was like thay. Shit. I've been doing this a while and I always learn no matter.who i train with. But again you are perfect.

Don't hate just train.

That is the problem with people.

You point out to the obvious that this 2 girls should be training in a BJJ gym instead of ripping off the public via the Gracie online scam.

And suddenly you become s hater. Lol.

They are plenty of BJJ gyms in their town.

Wake up, you are being scammed.

It was corrected because R and R were made aware of what was happening and fixed that shit. It was most likely 2 years ago, also. yeah, some dumb teenage bitches messed up. End of the world.

PS they were dumb girls who probably did not know a lot about bjj culture and all that shit and they were corrected.

What good does it do so sit here and whine about people you will never interact with and that fucked up and got smacked down for it years ago.

While Ralek seems to be fucking up and not changing. So it seems these girls are better than Ralek in that regard.

What is good?

Those Gyms and programs are crap and run by scammers.

Some guys in my town flew in Renee in hope to open one of his "certified" training centre but he could not afford the fee which was around 5k.

However, for his trouble and cost for flying him in for the seminar he got his blue belt in a week.

What a joke.

That guy never stepped in any mats in our town.

He could train and pick between 4-5 gyms but he choose the easy way: the fake way.

You know how I know. His mate left him and his bs and started training with me.

That is the problem with people.

You point out to the obvious that this 2 girls should be training in a BJJ gym instead of ripping off the public via the Gracie online scam.

And suddenly you become s hater. Lol.

They are plenty of BJJ gyms in their town.

Wake up, you are being scammed.
All you got? Not sure how I'm getting scammed?? I don't train under the gracie academy and have not for the past 16 years. I just believe what they are doing is not as bad as the haters make it out to be. I was lucky enough to meet Helio and understand what he was trying to do.

Now back to the OP. Sounds like Relek should remember his grandfather and pracrice his ways

They don't want to be associated with anyone unscrupulous. That could hurt belt sales.

gracie11-376x668.jpg

Gracie-Academy-Intrutor-620x330.jpg
Meh, I don't think Houston is unscrupulous. I wouldn't pay to train with him with other options around, but he's not really trying to deceive anybody. Those sisters definitely were though.

All you got? Not sure how I'm getting scammed?? I don't train under the gracie academy and have not for the past 16 years. I just believe what they are doing is not as bad as the haters make it out to be. I was lucky enough to meet Helio and understand what he was trying to do.

Now back to the OP. Sounds like Relek should remember his grandfather and pracrice his ways

What do you mean by not as bad as the haters make it look like?

There is no haters but just average people pointing at the scam.

These girls have bought their belt and bought their bs affiliation and the same applies to all the Certified Training Centre.

And if you tell me that there is legit bb that are still part of that travesty. Then shame on them for selling out and supporting it.

Edit: please do not add Helio to this thread. Do you think he would let his grandsons promote people online?

And what is up with them? Are they not making enough money at Torrance that they need patch over anyone that has parents willing to pay for this scam?

Last edited:
What do you mean by not as bad as the haters make it look like?

There is no haters but just average people pointing at the scam.

These girls have bought their belt and bought their bs affiliation and the same applies to all the Certified Training Centre.

And if you tell me that there is legit bb that are still part of that travesty. Then shame on them for selling out and supporting it.
No you are a hater trying to call this a scam. You hate they are trying to open a business. Because you think they are shitty at BJJ. Like 1 percent of the world trains bjj. So they are better than all the people that don't train. Again they actually go to the gracie academy to train. It's not just on line. And again, by the way when I started me and my friends went to a class once a week, maybe once a month sometimes, taught by a blue belt, and we came home and 4 white belts rolled on a carpet in someone's parents living room trying to figure it out. I think I turned out ok. So why can't they do the same thing. It's obvious there is a delineation between BJJ and GJJ. So they believe in GJJ. There is no other GJJ around so they incorporate it into their school. Why should they have to go to another church if they don't believe what thay church teaches.

They don't have to listen to you

Edit: please do not add Helio to this thread. Do you think he would let his grandsons promote people online?

And what is up with them? Are they not making enough money at Torrance that they need patch over anyone that has parents willing to pay for this scam?
I think Helio would be just fine with what the gracie academy is doing. He would be there to correct just as Rickson is doing now.

Let me guess you also don't want me to bring up Jesus when we talk about Christmas.

No you are a hater trying to call this a scam. You hate they are trying to open a business. Because you think they are shitty at BJJ. Like 1 percent of the world trains bjj. So they are better than all the people that don't train. Again they actually go to the gracie academy to train. It's not just on line. And again, by the way when I started me and my friends went to a class once a week, maybe once a month sometimes, taught by a blue belt, and we came home and 4 white belts rolled on a carpet in someone's parents living room trying to figure it out. I think I turned out ok. So why can't they do the same thing. It's obvious there is a delineation between BJJ and GJJ. So they believe in GJJ. There is no other GJJ around so they incorporate it into their school. Why should they have to go to another church if they don't believe what thay church teaches.

They don't have to listen to you

I think you're missing the points. There are many, even in the Gracie family that disapprove of the On-line business model. This is NOT the 90s where Black Belts were unicorns. The issue that many have is that GJJ's model is watered down. There are many examples of belts being awarded to those that have never stepped on the mats. Can we agree that one must apply and able to demonstrate the theory in order to be promoted?

I don't have an issue with someone wanting to open a business and make money. The issue I have is HOW that money is made. I agree, if these young ladies want to add GJJ to their curriculum then more power to them. But please, don't post a photo on your website in Black Belts from a made up Karate system that look suspiciously similar to BJJ belts while promoting GJJ. Truth in advertising. If they have customer (suckers) that are willing to part with their hard earn money knowing that there are better products out there, then knock themselves out.

IThere are many examples of belts being awarded to those that have never stepped on the mats. Can we agree that one must apply and able to demonstrate the theory in order to be promoted?

it's like saying you can go swim and compete at olympic trials because you've studied michael phelps youtube videos 100 times, but haven't ever jumped in the pool.

I think you're missing the points. There are many, even in the Gracie family that disapprove of the On-line business model. This is NOT the 90s where Black Belts were unicorns. The issue that many have is that GJJ's model is watered down. There are many examples of belts being awarded to those that have never stepped on the mats. Can we agree that one must apply and able to demonstrate the theory in order to be promoted?

I don't have an issue with someone wanting to open a business and make money. The issue I have is HOW that money is made. I agree, if these young ladies want to add GJJ to their curriculum then more power to them. But please, don't post a photo on your website in Black Belts from a made up Karate system that look suspiciously similar to BJJ belts while promoting GJJ. Truth in advertising. If they have customer (suckers) that are willing to part with their hard earn money knowing that there are better products out there, then knock themselves out.

I don't really want to get into another Gracie Academy vs. the world, but they have made many changes to the program in the past year. They have done away with all forms of online blue belts. Only students of GA or a CTC are eligible to be promoted. Rolling and sparring in gi, no-gi and vale tudo are requirements. Also CTC instructors have always been required to attend training in Torrance yearly to be re-evaluated, and non-black belts CTC instructors are not able to grant rank to their students (has to be done by Torrance).

There were problems with the way they are doing things but I think everyone ignores the changes for the better that they have made. And a lot of people are just misinformed on some points with no interest to become informed due to personal bias.

In regards to the original topic of this thread, it is a good thing IMO that they are distancing themselves from Ralek and acknowledge that his business practices are scummy.

I think watered down is based on perspective. I travel for work and train. The guys at my gum that are blue, purple and brown are my barometer for how someone should role when I show up. There are a lot of schools I role with guys and think really???? And I never go to Gracie Academy Schools.

There were Gracies who disapproved of the on line belt. Rickson stepped in and instead of criticizing in the media he meet with his nephews. He made them understand it may not represent jiu jitsu the way Helio would have wanted it. The made a change where you now need to show up at the gracie academy to get a belt.
The made a mistake, some one superior corrected them, they changed, should we not now move on.

Same things with these girls. They made a mistake with the pictures, they were told by the gracie Bros it was wrong, they corrected and they don't do that anymore.

Mistakes happen. I have made mistakes and I cannot change them but I also cannot live by my.mistakes. I need to move on.

You ever make a mistake?

I think watered down is based on perspective. I travel for work and train. The guys at my gum that are blue, purple and brown are my barometer for how someone should role when I show up. There are a lot of schools I role with guys and think really???? And I never go to Gracie Academy Schools.

There were Gracies who disapproved of the on line belt. Rickson stepped in and instead of criticizing in the media he meet with his nephews. He made them understand it may not represent jiu jitsu the way Helio would have wanted it. The made a change where you now need to show up at the gracie academy to get a belt.
The made a mistake, some one superior corrected them, they changed, should we not now move on.

Same things with these girls. They made a mistake with the pictures, they were told by the gracie Bros it was wrong, they corrected and they don't do that anymore.

Mistakes happen. I have made mistakes and I cannot change them but I also cannot live by my.mistakes. I need to move on.

You ever make a mistake?

You're right. Mistakes were made, promises made, changes made. Maybe not so much "move on" but allow the changes to mature and reserve the negative comments but also remain vigilant. BJJ by it's nature is tough and should be kept that way. I believe that adversity builds character.

Back