League of Legends, v9: The Phreak-y thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? That a stupid argument. I can counter that and say their are more hardcore korean players then any other region because video games are engraved into their culture meaning its much more accepted to be a pro gamer by families therefore they have more success and is the ONLY reason. If they weren't ridiculously racist cultures (more so CHINA) and offered better living conditions then you would never see a korean player touch US soil and you would probably see NA players over there. The fact is, NA is the big stage. Who the fuck wants to play on a Korean stage, no one outside korea. Its not about being the best, its about selling yourself the best and NA does it best. Chael Sonnen ladies and gentlemen.

lol give me a break

All of C9, LMQ, and TSM put together is probably Faker's salary.

If NA LCS is like Chael Sonnen, then the Samsung teams are like the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys,.

in my group stages predictions, i was right about everything except fucking SK beat TPA

can't decide between EDG and STarhornRC

lol give me a break

All of C9, LMQ, and TSM put together is probably Faker's salary.

If NA LCS is like Chael Sonnen, then the Samsung teams are like the New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys,.

lol if only it was true, yes faker as the most earnings from tournament cash ins but their team takes a much larger cut of sponsor earnings. In fact they take most of the cut. Ocelote who use to play for SK was really good at branding himself and was pulling in 700k euro a year.

lol if only it was true, yes faker as the most earnings from tournament cash ins but their team takes a much larger cut of sponsor earnings. In fact they take most of the cut. Ocelote who use to play for SK was really good at branding himself and was pulling in 700k euro a year.

Did ocelote really bring in 700k? Sounds shady at best for a guy living a home with his mom and pops. I know he streamed alot and he had merchandise, but 700k sounds alot, maybe pre expenses.
Also if youve followed Brood War/Sc2, whatever, you would know that everything America is doing now for their NA teams korea was doing 10-15 years ago. NA is getting there, EU isnt, Korea is still in the lead and China is inflating the bisnezz artifically(gubernment paid for thing).

I would think people are making more from streaming views than salary from pro play.

Did ocelote really bring in 700k? Sounds shady at best for a guy living a home with his mom and pops. I know he streamed alot and he had merchandise, but 700k sounds alot, maybe pre expenses.
Also if youve followed Brood War/Sc2, whatever, you would know that everything America is doing now for their NA teams korea was doing 10-15 years ago. NA is getting there, EU isnt, Korea is still in the lead and China is inflating the bisnezz artifically(gubernment paid for thing).

yes, there are several interviews with him on how he was so successful and went on the record with how much he was making. NA has always been more so into FPS then anything else until the last 6-7 years. When SC was big in korea there was pro gamers making millions in counter strike. I forget his name but he won over 1mil just in tournament earnings before touching sponsors and teams never existed back then so it was 100% his. E-sports has been around in NA for a long time, I personally know the founder GotFrag.com who started it early 2000s

Last edited:
I would think people are making more from streaming views than salary from pro play.

This is actually true. Korean pros generally make less since they don't stream as often and orgs get a cut.

Korean teams are sponsored and run by some of the biggest companies and most wealthy companies in the world. Do you really think twitch, iBUYPOWER, and qualcomm hold a finger to Samsung, SKT, and Kespa? Many Korean players are not even aware of the cash prizes at the tournaments they show up to compete against because it is practically irrelevant to them.

700k is a drop in the bucket compared to the multi million dollar budgets that the top Korean teams have. Also, Ocelote was more than just some guy that was good at marketing himself, he was the most popular LOL player in all of Europe for nearly 3 years. (not to mention the most toxic player in the history of LOL)

If you think anyone in the West makes anything close to players like Faker and Dade, then you are delusional beyond belief. And if you think western players like Hai don't wet themselves at night at the mere thought of getting to play over in Korea, then you haven't been paying attention.

Last edited:

I'm not really sure how anyone thinks this is the case these days.

Who out there these days is making a comftorable living doing only streaming? Trick2g?

Alright put your money where your mouth is and link Fakers paycheck.

Is this what you were talking about reploiid?

Regardless it is nice seeing that asshole get dumped on.

can someone explain why boxbox is not out wrecking NA LCS toplanes? he is such a fucking goooooood

can someone explain why boxbox is not out wrecking NA LCS toplanes? he is such a fucking goooooood

Because he plays only Riven at an extremely high level (that I know of)?

F[o]rged;99385061 said:
Because he plays only Riven at an extremely high level (that I know of)?

Yeah Riven and Leesin top, but afaik I know he plays them because he thinks theyre the most technical champions?

Pretty much that^ all he can play amazingly well is Riven, wouldn't be hard to ban him out closet he got to pro play was being a sub on velocity.

His Jayce is pretty good too from what I've seen.

But being just good against Balls, Dyrus, or Zion is just asking to have a bad time.

Also I bet it is hard to break into the pro scene as a top laner because you don't get 1v2 practice against top competition.
Compared to being a mid you get to mid against top players constantly in challenger

Also I bet it is hard to break into the pro scene as a top laner because you don't get 1v2 practice against top competition.
Compared to being a mid you get to mid against top players constantly in challenger

Honestly even the pros suck at 1v2 which is why double jungle became a thing. They would rather be starved out of farm for the first few minutes than get dove at level 3.

Biggest difference between competitive and soloq (even high level) is teleport usage (most of these godlike top laners like Box Box, wings, etc run Ignite and try to carry), champion pools and overall teamwork. Top is usually completely isolated (even people running TP only use it to go back to lane faster) and you don't see them making an impact until 15 minutes or so in.

Honestly even the pros suck at 1v2 which is why double jungle became a thing. They would rather be starved out of farm for the first few minutes than get dove at level 3.

Biggest difference between competitive and soloq (even high level) is teleport usage (most of these godlike top laners like Box Box, wings, etc run Ignite and try to carry), champion pools and overall teamwork. Top is usually completely isolated (even people running TP only use it to go back to lane faster) and you don't see them making an impact until 15 minutes or so in.

In an interview Dyrus said the reason pros like to double jungle is that it sets up a super early drag or 4 man dive.
I think it also isn't so much that pro's suck at 1v2 it is just that if a team is coordinated they can get a free kill 3v1 top with the jungler. So either you have the jungler basically duo laning top to keep his teammate alive or they at least both get some farm and can pressure just by being MIA.

Just my opinion though, double jungle meta sucks dick for the fans.

I got Viktor in Aram, dont know if it was the perfect storm, with the aram maps color palette and having a karthus on the team but the storm just... Was impossible to see? :D
Also I couldnt tell if it targets enemy champions when you R it around, or if it just moves to where you R.
His E needs to put on a stack the first thing it does, the delay crushes it for catching/chasing people. E's upgrade, underwhelming.
Q the same, movement speed is nice.
E felt the same, the extra damage upgrade was okay I guess, I am sure its similiar to how it was.
New ult felt faster, which is good, apparently slows down but I kept losing track of it.

Now I got soraka, obviously more fun to play and more complex. Herha new E is an insaaaane buff, atleast in ARAM. Ult removing grievous is nice. W is where the complexity comes in with the 10% life cost. Interesting character!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back