League of Legends, v9: The Phreak-y thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the Ashe/Zyra combo they used to run.

I miss the Ashe/Zyra combo they used to run.

I am a big fan of chain CC teams like than in general. Snare-auto-arrow-auto-zyra q-ashe W-zyra ult. all that and your character hasn't had a chance to move.

so who got out of Group C, i saw that 3 teams were 2-3, and Fnatic got fucked over that one game with omg or samsung (cant remember which one)....but they could of won it it if they done just a few more things (eliese not hitting on a minion with an auto, rumble putting the ult on the minions and not kha and using zhonyas)

Edit: Nevermind, found an updated ranking.

Last edited:
http://na.lolesports.com/worlds/2014/worlds-2014/standings

That C9-TSM rematch in the semis. :D
In all seriousness even though both Samsung teams are 90%+ favorites I think both NA teams seem to do better in a best of series.

The thing that I keep being amazed by is how many great players are not on world teams this year, especially from KR. Damn teamwork being more important than solo carry ability! I want to see super skilled players owning it up in 1v1 and 2v2 situations :)

Last edited:
Alliance and fnatic deserve to represent us westerners in playoffs,seeing as they can actually beat the koreans. Sry na ppl but we have to unite to beat the asian overlords

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

I am not a c9 fan but these teamcomps they pick are so awesome. No hard CC but just tons of slows and disengage. It seems very hard to play well but they pull it off.

These teamfights remind me of Singed; They run away and throw back poke and slows until the other team gets low then they turn on them and chase them back with all those slows.

That is amazing
(Standing by my earlier comment that unless someone proves they are better than KR the whole debate is pointless, but I love good trashtalk no matter who it is from)

TSM > C9, as far me cheering for westerners
but all in all, id be happiest if royal won

That may be true, but I think c9 has the better chance here.

i wouldve said TSM before today, but C9 clawing themselves back in the NWS game really showed alot and I would have to agree with you

i wouldve said TSM before today, but C9 clawing themselves back in the NWS game really showed alot and I would have to agree with you

The difference between TSM and SSW > c9 and SSB imo

TSM have better skills as laners, but C9 pulls of highly coordinated team comps that I doubt any other western team could.
Even FNC and Alliance are the league versions of 'hero ball' relying on very highly skilled players winning lane and then getting items first.

I think next worlds will be much closer region to region. Before people were worried about some players having a massive mechanical advantage but now it seems like pick/ban and coordination are the deciding factors

Watching the c9 tiebreaker. Goddamn even though they lost I think they looked like the smarter team as the game went on. I think they would beat NJS in a best of

Watching the c9 tiebreaker. Goddamn even though they lost I think they looked like the smarter team as the game went on. I think they would beat NJS in a best of

Contrary to what others have been saying about Hai and c9, if you watch their reactions through out the game...they were very happy overall. I'd rather see them enjoying themselves than getting butthurt.

Great weekend for entertainment the Goat wins in a goat way, the dominator returns in devastating fashion and C9 make it out of groups fuck yeah.

I am lucky that my favorites are still in it. I would love C9 to get by Blue to face white so my 2 fav teams can provide me a dream match. I think C9 would match better vs white then they do blue and TSM would do better vs Blue then white but hey as an NA fan we are lucky to have the chance to prove what we can do.

I feel EU played well this year getting the 2 first wins of of the 2 korean teams and starting a ball rolling in Group D. No doubt this is the best Worlds to date by a stretch.

Every time a korean team lost, at least 2 members were crying. If an NA team can win the first game, fuck they could win. Break them mentally and keep it rollin.

I remember being so surprised C9's initial success in S3. Balls was viewed as the weak link on those Aphromoo teams, Hai was a decent player on some decent challenger teams, I vaguely knew of Sneaky and Lemon, and I never even heard of Meteos. They've long since proven that was no fluke. I love watching them in these international competitions. Even with that huge deficit in the tiebreaker game they were so close to winning by outmaneuvering NWS. I think they would have if not for a few misplays at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back