Last time you were really wrong about a fighter Or fight

really wrong? not in a long long time, maybe going back to tyson holyfield, just plain wrong? ward kovalev 2. I thought kov would be the one to up his game.

also, it took me a long time for Lennox Lewis to win me over, not only the Mccall kayo but some of the very unimpressive performances he had before he won the title made me think it was just a marketing job. He became better as a champion, most fighters get worse as champions.

I thought Kermit Cintron was going to be the second coming of Tito Trinidad. I still don't know exactly what happened. It almost seemed like his first loss against Margarito took his soul. Which is all kinds of disturbing since I tend to assume most of Margarito's brutal wins came from loaded gloves.

The last fight that went totally wrong for me was Fonfara against Joe Smith. I though Fonfara was going to do the same thing to him that he did to Chavez.

Most wrong I've ever been about a fight? Tyson vs Holyfield 1. I thought Tyson was going to kill him. Also Wlad vs Fury. I would not have believed Fury could beat Wlad or even survive the 12 rounds.
Boxers who I thought would be better:
Razor Ruddock
Chad Dawson
Tyrone Trice
Dominick Guinn
Yuriorkis Gamboa
Boxers who exceeded my expectations:
Danny Garcia
Tim Bradley
Holyfield at HW

also Matthysse/Garcia. I was really sold on Lucas winning by stoppage.
ouch
i was also on the losing end of that.
got to admit it was a little personal the whole Danny G show with his loudmouth father and terrible rap video made me want to see him get smashed. Plus like Matty Argentines are entertaining when they are punching people... yea that was a hard one especially down the stretch when matty was swelling up and even his punchers chance was dwindling...

yaegashi vs gonzalez.. at the time i was big fan of agate i thought his speed and footwork could overcome choclatito after that fight i jumped aboard the chocolatito war wagon

Matthysse vs Postol.

Worst fighters I ever got wrong was Victor Ortiz and JCC Jr.
Yeah, I thought Junior was going to be able to put it all together and be a good fighter too.

Razor Ruddock taking a dive against Lewis. *Still irks me.

Yeah, I thought Junior was going to be able to put it all together and be a good fighter too.

This is another one that puzzles...i don't know why or how so many saw something special in JCC jr...

This guy was a walking punching bag...

After his fight with Andy Lee, i thought that anyone with even the most rudimentary boxing skills would own this guy.

I thought Oscar would ragdoll Pac in 2008.
I thought Jermaine Taylor would win the rematch against Pavlik.

Kel brook and carl froch both had better careers than I initially thought

ouch
i was also on the losing end of that.
got to admit it was a little personal the whole Danny G show with his loudmouth father and terrible rap video made me want to see him get smashed. Plus like Matty Argentines are entertaining when they are punching people... yea that was a hard one especially down the stretch when matty was swelling up and even his punchers chance was dwindling...

yaegashi vs gonzalez.. at the time i was big fan of agate i thought his speed and footwork could overcome choclatito after that fight i jumped aboard the chocolatito war wagon
I picked Yaegashi/Gonzalez wrong too. What a fight and what a performance by Roman...

JCCjr vs Canelo. I didnt PICK JCCjr to win, but I did not think it would be a mismatch blowout. Same with Garcia vs Broner.

Last fight: I thought Joe Smith was going to TKO Barrera in 8 rounds or less.

Last fighter in terms of career: I thought Fernando Vargas was going to be a HOF type fighter.

I picked Yaegashi/Gonzalez wrong too. What a fight and what a performance by Roman...
did you watch the japanese broadcast as well? if not, it opened with yaegashi and his wife and new born baby... man if roman wasn't so god damn good i would have felt real bad for Yaegashi

did you watch the japanese broadcast as well? if not, it opened with yaegashi and his wife and new born baby... man if roman wasn't so god damn good i would have felt real bad for Yaegashi
I mean I felt bad for Yaegashi, but just cause of hte beatdown he suffered.

Back