Lando Vannata getting easy fight to pad his stats

No bait.

He's a rising star that should face the appropriate competition. He should be fighting fighters of the calibre of:

- Jake Matthews
- Erik Koch
- Chad Laprise
- Joe Duffy
Acceptable opponents and I agree this is a gimme fight but it's mostly because lando looks so good that an average UFC fighter looks like a bellator reject don't blame the fighter playa blame the org.

UFC 209: Vannata vs. Teymur

The UFC is protecting Lando and making sure he pads his stats some more. Getting that Doh ho Choi treatment early days. Vannata is a stand up fighter and they are giving him an ultimate fighter failure that likes to stand and trade.

I remember once upon a time up and coming fighters were tested against solid competition like actual TUF winners.

maxresdefault.jpg
Sheesh that's too easy. Lando just thinking of how he wants to finish him.

Lando is gonna TKO the fuck out of Conor in due time, so don't worry.

It's a fighter build up eliminatation fight.
Teymur could easily win this with a good plan and tactics.
Yes, Teymur could win with the tactic of poisoning Lando's water, showing up to the fight with a taser or by having Lando JFK'd from a paid shooter in the bleachers.

The guy's first UFC fight was a late replacement step in vs. Tony Ferguson and he gave Ferguson all he could handle. The UFC owes him a couple of easy ones.

What bs, the guy is 1-1 in the ufc and still ducking top competition. He should've stepped in to fight werdum.

The UFC is protecting Lando and making sure he pads his stats some more. Getting that Doh ho Choi treatment early days. Vannata is a stand up fighter and they are giving him an ultimate fighter failure that likes to stand and trade.

I remember once upon a time up and coming fighters were tested against solid competition like actual TUF winners.

maxresdefault.jpg
one thread = threatened?

I just like fighters to be given equal treatment. Rory had to fight Condit early days. Lando gets given 2 easy fights in a row. This is the UFC, the competition should be better than that.

I expect better.

It's not the UFC's fault or Lando... Every one of the Top 20 have now become active Groove Ducks. Teymur is the only one who dare step up to the groove. Good for him.

Groove Ducks be like:

shoop t smaller.jpg

Putting prospects against way too stiff competition too early is a great way to derail a fighters momentum and development.

There are very few easy fights in the UFC and this isn't one of them.

Lando is gonna TKO the fuck out of Conor in due time, so don't worry.
You have to be either champ or Nate Diaz in order to fight Conor

Is Lando Nate Diaz? No.
Is Lando somehow related to Nate Diaz? As far as I know - no. At least their most recent common ancestor probably lived tens of thousands years ago.
Is Lando a UFC champion? No, he has quite a road ahead of him, not ranked yet.

maxresdefault.jpg
He fought T-Ferg on short notice. What competition could be tougher? They build him up slowly which is a good idea.

LW is one of the deepest divisions to ever exist in the UFC. Just 'cause the man took a tough short notice fight, and then a boner inducing ko doesn't mean you have to immediately throw him into the top 10.

If he stays active he could very well bounce into the top 10, maybe top 5 next year if he continues to be amazing.
I'd say lw is the deepest division to ever exist. We often forget just how stacked it is sometimes with guys like Joseph Duffy ranked at 30.
UFC must realize they have a dime piece with Groovy and that is why they are giving him stand up fights. Like Duffy, they knew he was a proven and fun fighter and will give him about 3 fun w's before they give him a top ranked opponent. They guy is probably the most fun fighter to watch on the roster, certainly one of the most highlight reel cutting fighters. Anderson would just go in the matrix from time to tie but LV lives in the matrix all the time.

He fought T-Ferg on short notice. What competition could be tougher? They build him up slowly which is a good idea.
he had to. The Fergie fight is the only reason he is in the UFC at the moment. He was ranked at #232 prior to that fight. Even horcher was ranked higher.

Now he's here he is getting gifted fights against stand-up fighters that are easy pickings for him.

I'd rather see Lando get better and fight stiffer competition. The UFC would much rather him get highlight reel KO's it seems.

What bs, the guy is 1-1 in the ufc and still ducking top competition. He should've stepped in to fight werdum.
Top competition are now known as "Groove Ducks"... After seeing what he did to Ferg & Mak no one wants any of the groove. Good for Teymur to man up & take the fight... no one else would.

Groove Ducks be like:

shoop t smaller.jpg

one thread = threatened?

I just like fighters to be given equal treatment. Rory had to fight Condit early days. Lando gets given 2 easy fights in a row. This is the UFC, the competition should be better than that.

I expect better.
After Rory lost to Condit they gave him nothing but soft touches until he was ready.

And Lando has fought Ferguson and Makdessi at this point. You come off like a filthy casual.

Back