Kyoji Horiguchi officially a free agent after he rejects UFC offer

Ha, going full pro wrestling and basing every division around one big "star" to avoid many upsets and possible losing the champ they want.

And another one bites the dust. MMA Bulletin just posted it.

Bummer for sure, one of the most exciting guys on the roster. Rizin probably offered him way more.
Whaaat? That guys was awesome! He was really, really good.

UFC used to only mainly let guys go if coming off a loss. Bader, Horiguchi, and Cirkunov all leaving on win streaks.

And another one bites the dust. MMA Bulletin just posted it.

Bummer for sure, one of the most exciting guys on the roster. Rizin probably offered him way more.

I don't care for 125 but he's one of the only interesting ones. Oh well.

That's disappointing. Horiguchi is a fun watch and a bright prospect.

It almost seems like they are fading out the FLW division. That is a lot of cuts for a weak division.

If that's what they're doing I support it. Otherwise if they are keeping the division they should have kept this guy.

His rematch with mighty mouse was one of the only things I was looking forward to in that division. What a shame.

Thats what I think. They've already cut some other solid top 15 guys at flyweight, I think they are going to scrap it and merge the best with 135.
Lmao, they're certainly not. They literally just started a division with 3 people in it cause they're so desperate to have a title fight on every PPV. They're not cutting out any divisons

Holy hell.

They let larkin, Misha C., Kyoji, Perez, etc. all walk...what the hell are they doing?

CUT THE BAD FIGHTERS AND PAY THE GOOD ONES YOU RETARDS LOL.

They cut multiple top flyweights, might as well scrap the division. They clearly only care about the stars (which is gonna hurt them bad in the longer run imo)

As long as Jessica Eye stays signed...

Also, they better not let Thatch go.

UFC are really tightening the purse except for the proven draws.
There's about 2-3 fighters who are "proven draws" so they'll have a very thin roster if they keep "tightening the purse" just for those fighters.

So they add woman's featherweight, and they are cutting top mens FLW. Bullshit

We need more world beaters like Cindy Dandois and the Tweet woman.

Horiguchi can take his elite skills elsewhere, we need to see sloppy women brawl and roll around on the floor losing top position for 5 mins.

If that's what they're doing I support it. Otherwise if they are keeping the division they should have kept this guy.
I agree. Horiguchi is very entertaining. Makes you feel bad for MM. The division never grew. I don't see him dominating BW. You could tell he was a natural FLW when he fought Dom. Cruz towered over him!

Not a huge loss, don't think too many people are interested in him, but the same thing can be said about entire FLW. There isn't much point in keeping a shallow division if they aren't putting any effort in keeping their top 5 fighters.

Nice move UFC, cut one of the most exiting fighters in a division with very little interest. Might as well just scrap it.

UFC have probably offered him 1,000,000/1,000,000 per fight with the * being he's been paid in Yen.

Horiguchi is Japan's best Fighter right now, he's a top 5 Flyweight, he's 7-1 in the UFC and one of the most exciting knockout artists in all of the lower divisions.

If anyone remembers, when the UFC approached Kyoji Horiguchi to fight Mighty Mouse his initial response was that he was only 24 years old and felt he would rather fight Mighty Mouse in a year to 18 months because he wanted more fights and experience first. He took that fight FOR THE UFC because the division was so shallow....now they cut him?

Just remember this is what some of y'all wanted on here, for Zuffa to leave....well there gone now haha

I'm willing to bet that nobody wanted them replaced with soulless corporate ownership who knows nothing about the sport and is totally unresponsive to the fans.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens to the UFC when Conor is done.

We need more world beaters like Cindy Dandois and the Tweet woman.

Horiguchi can take his elite skills elsewhere, we need to see sloppy women brawl and roll around on the floor losing top position for 5 mins.

7ku90Yi.gif

Back