Kyoji Horiguchi officially a free agent after he rejects UFC offer

Problem is not only the actual loss in quality but the long term effect on being attractive for athletes to get into MMA or high class MMA fighters to get into the UFC. They loose a lot of potential high quality fighters in the making.

But lets not pretend Zuffa was better please. They have the most reprehensive contracts in all sports AND paid shit to most fighters.
Free sponsors was the selling point from Zuffa for the shit pay and then they cut that also without bettering the contracts.
WME just takes their businessmodel without changing it.

Take most highly talented youths. They know that they will likely end up with a 20k/20k contract at max with high training camp costs and still having to train full time. That is if they reach top10 which is very very tough. You simply do a little better than pure surviving and have to start from scratch when your career is over. Not very promising.

Horiguchi is the only fighter i think has a chance to beat MM, terrible idea.

Bagautinov is very good and they cut him too, at this point the division sucks.

If that's what they're doing I support it. Otherwise if they are keeping the division they should have kept this guy.

Wonder if Kyoji would have been down to fight at BW, if so they should have kept him regardless.

True but he's not coming back. Removed from the rankings.

& LOL...Vitor surpassed Brunson after that robbery. What a fucking joke.
Aljamain Sterling did this last year and ultimately re-signed with the UFC.

Horiguchi was one of the best FLWs in the world and top 5 for sure. There was a lot of matchups for him still.

But hey.. I will enjoy him in Rizin too.

UFC must be really offering shit contracts. Everyone is leaving.

UG49jLv.gif

UFC really fucked up with Horiguchi. He should've never got a title shot so damn early. He's pretty skilled and they would've been smart to build him up correctly.

Another top fighter lost.

Back