Kurt Russell on Gun Control

"Destroy" or "make better?"
ad2.gif
LMAO, perfect.

Snake Plissken/Captain Ron can do no wrong in my opinion

remember that time all the guns in America protected us from saudi's pile driving 2 airplanes into our WTC?
that never happened? you means guns have done jack shit to protect us from 'duh turr'st'? hmmm

i love guns but dont be fucktarded enough to think they protect us from anything but your neighbor. sometimes....because he has a gun too lol.

Ata boy Kurt, a Hollywood actor who isn't anti-white, now that's amazing.

There's always a place in Hollywood for conservatives when they need to fill real man roles. Look at my favorite actors: Kurt Russell
Russell crowe
Hugh Jackman
Mel gibson

remember that time all the guns in America protected us from saudi's pile driving 2 airplanes into our WTC?
that never happened? you means guns have done jack shit to protect us from 'duh turr'st'? hmmm

i love guns but dont be fucktarded enough to think they protect us from anything but your neighbor. sometimes....because he has a gun too lol.

Remember the time Bush admin let the terrorists carry out 9/11?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Good ole jack burton!

I expected snake to be pro gun..after all he does like gun fighting..only when its bangcok rules though :)

There's always a place in Hollywood for conservatives when they need to fill real man roles. Look at my favorite actors: Kurt Russell
Russell crowe
Hugh Jackman
Mel gibson

Do Crowe and Jackman identify as conservatives?

Liberals: Would rather get rid of guns while bringing in more Islam

Another thing I can't stand about the no fly no buy. Liberals are so disingenuous with hearing the argument from the opposition. Most people probably want most of the people on the list not to have guns. However there are issues.

-No criteria for getting on the list
-Not informed if you are put on the list
-Major struggle to get off the list
-Many mistakes have been made with people getting on it with zero security concers
-rights taken away without due process
Etc.

"Oh so you want terrorists to have guns and kill children" - Liberal

{<huh}

No, no, no. You know what we'll agree as long as if someone gets put on the list can appeal quickly and fairly. Also we don't want the US AG to without court, trail, chance to appeal or 100% evidence to block people from purchasing a firearm.

"Fuck you, you clearly want terrorists to get guns and kill school children" - Liberals

{<huh}

What, no. We want a no fly no buy but also want to protect the rights of the people by having a quick and fairly appeal and not giving 1 person judge and jury powers.

"No, fuck you, you want children dead and terrorists to have guns" - Liberal

This honestly might be the one single issue on which American conservatives are right and their opponents wrong. The list proposal was blatantly unconstitutional reactionary nonsense. However, let's not seriously think that GOP politicians really care about the constitutional protections of suspected terrorists. They don't. At all. It's just bootlicking for their NRA benefactors. When it came to intrusive surveillance and unlawful detention of that same class of persons, the GOP was all-aboard.

This was one of those issues where Republicans were right for the wrong reasons. And Democrats were wrong for, I guess, defensible reasons.

The first time I ever heard the word libertarian was when I was a kid and it was some kind of show about Kurt Russell, and that's what he said his political beliefs were.

Most gun deaths in the USA are actually suicides, which means these people if they did not have guns would most likely try some other thing to kill themselves. Most suicides are committed by white men so you could in a way say most gun deaths are caused by white males if you were being disingenuous. The gun is just the easier and quicker option in most suicide cases. Take away the gang shootings, suicides and self defense deaths and you don't have THAT much death due to guns in a country where there are more guns than people. You will also find most gun deaths when you exclude suicide are committed by black males.

Reeves-1215001.png

Surprisingly, historical data tends to show the opposite (https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/upshot/gun-deaths-are-mostly-suicides.html?_r=0). I would have presumed that as well, though. But the ease of access and the...efficacy...of firearms in suicide attempts really makes a huge difference.

Otherwise, I agree with your post. Firearm hysteria is the black eye of American liberals. The self-protection versus terrorism/robbery/etc. argument is complete nonsense, though. The overwhelming data shows that the presence of bystanders with firearms, and the willingness to use them in intervention, drastically increases incidence of death. Most often it escalates nonfatal encounters and, unsurprisingly, wannabe heroes aren't nearly as accurate when their adrenaline is pumping. I worked on a lot of cases in Missouri where intervening firearm holders ended up killing bystanders with bad aim and ricochet in what otherwise would have been nonfatal incidents of crime.

Back