Kurt Russell on Gun Control

remember that time all the guns in America protected us from saudi's pile driving 2 airplanes into our WTC?
that never happened? you means guns have done jack shit to protect us from 'duh turr'st'? hmmm

i love guns but dont be fucktarded enough to think they protect us from anything but your neighbor. sometimes....because he has a gun too lol.

Well don't bother owning one then, just don't come crying to us guys that thought "hey maybe the government won't wipe our ass one day".

There was a massacre at an elementary school in Stockton, CA back in 1989 (by a severely mentally ill guy with an "assault weapon." It resulted in a lot of legislation, and may have actually been at the start of the whole assault weapon debate (and may have been why Feinstein was fighting so hard in 1995 about the issue).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Elementary_School_shooting_(Stockton)

Overall though, yeah, gun control, like too many issues these days, is an area where rational and civil debate has descended into trolling, name calling, and hatred between groups who don't interact with each other, and hold up the worst of the other group as an example of an average member.

Purdy (like the Orlando shooter) should not have had access to guns. The laws that are being introduced in states such as CA are not about restricting these kinds of people or enforcing these laws, but rather banning guns like the one Purdy used. As well as other types of firearms. There are already laws that don't allow felons, those with certain misdemeanors on their records, those who smoke weed (which I don't agree with), and those who were patients in mental institutions to buy guns. More restrictions can be added to the list to prevent would-be criminals from buying guns legally. As for those who buy them illegally, well, we all know gun control would only enable them (more defense-less victims to choose from).

Do you know about the CA handgun roster? They want every handgun to "stamp" the bullet when it shoots it to help solve crimes. No new handguns can be added to the roster until they have such technology (so all new guns that were created since the law passed can't be sold in CA), and older guns drop off the roster whenever any changes are made to them (ie, new safety features, new parts because the factory moved, etc) or if the company doesn't pay a fee. The result is more than half the handguns that were initially allowed in CA have been dropped from the roster, and every year the roster shrinks. At this rate, there will be few, if any handguns that will be allowed for commercial sale in CA. Just one of the idiotic "gun control" laws they have. Good luck getting a CCW (which ironically, Feinstein had) in any of the major cities. So their laws are pretty much affecting only the law abiding. What about the criminals? Well, there's this:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...te-supports-lifting-1495128128-htmlstory.html

Well don't bother owning one then, just don't come crying to us guys that thought "hey maybe the government won't wipe our ass one day".
YLjVpBt.jpg

rVQQyUV.jpg

I can guarantee i own more guns then you but since the actual topic i was discussing was refuting that mass ownership of guns does zero to deter terrorism, i dont see how your comment made ANY practical sense other than you felt like 'hearing yourself talk' in a digital fashion

-People who want to kill, will kill no matter what.

-Taking guns away won't keep people from having guns

-Taking bombs away won't keep people from making bombs

-Taking cars away won't keep people from getting ran over

There were a few surprising names for me. In addition to RDJ, Vince Vaughn and Adam Sandler also stood out.

Good luck next month. That sounds like a shitty situation to just have to sit around with something like that hanging over your head. I hope you remain a free man.
Vince Vaughn def surprise but it almost makes sense like he is a believable bro since libs arent really bros.
I got pulled over with less than half a gram of weed some paraphernalia and a pistol. My brake light was out and I wasn't baked but the cops accuse me of carrying intoxicated. Pretty serious in Wisconsin. No big deal tho. If anything just a few weekends. I used to be a do nothing drinker until I read one page of the audacity of hope in 2008 and was blown away by the marshmallow rhetoric. I couldn't believe anyone was impressed. It led to learning about conservatism and it has helped my life.

Vince Vaughn def surprise but it almost makes sense like he is a believable bro since libs arent really bros.
I got pulled over with less than half a gram of weed some paraphernalia and a pistol. My brake light was out and I wasn't baked but the cops accuse me of carrying intoxicated. Pretty serious in Wisconsin. No big deal tho. If anything just a few weekends. I used to be a do nothing drinker until I read one page of the audacity of hope in 2008 and was blown away by the marshmallow rhetoric. I couldn't believe anyone was impressed. It led to learning about conservatism and it has helped my life.

Cool, man.

Politically I'm probably pretty close to the center, but lean a bit more to the right as a whole. I have a hard time dealing with the people who are on the fringes on either side.

I never did read The Audacity of Hope. That bad?

Cool, man.

Politically I'm probably pretty close to the center, but lean a bit more to the right as a whole. I have a hard time dealing with the people who are on the fringes on either side.

I never did read The Audacity of Hope. That bad?
Even the name is garbage. Think about it. Oprah level inanity.

I can guarantee i own more guns then you. . .

Any time someone says something like this it's just dumb.

First, you have no idea how many guns he owns. Second, no one here has any way to verify how many guns YOU own. So why even bring it up?

YLjVpBt.jpg

rVQQyUV.jpg

I can guarantee i own more guns then you but since the actual topic i was discussing was refuting that mass ownership of guns does zero to deter terrorism, i dont see how your comment made ANY practical sense other than you felt like 'hearing yourself talk' in a digital fashion

Lol "I have more guns than you, but I'm useless so they are too". Of course they wouldn't protect you with that mindset.

That's a slippery slope argument though. Outside of trying to reduce danger for citizens (odds are 20 to 1 that a person will discharge a firearm on himself or a family member rather than an intruder), for a party that is so big on blue lives matter, you would think that there would be some interest in limiting the risk police officers face out there. Gun control discussions are driven by such extreme arguments on both sides that we can't come to a reasonable solution that serves to reduce some of the risk, while allowing the vast majority of people weapons for home defense and for when they want to go deer hunting.

Because there is already 400,000,000 guns in circulation in the U.S. You already missed the boat on making things "safer." Guns are as readily available as a Big Mac. Even if you made guns 100% illegal I could still obtain one by sunset. My point is you aren't going to stop crazy from being crazy, at least not in America, its too late for that.

Obligatory gun thread post!

Small penis, insecure, can't fight, and more likely to shoot myself than someone else!!!

To be honest, if most people weren't morons there would be more bomb attacks. The fact it takes a little bit of IQ and chemistry knowledge to make a bomb stops 99.99% of muslims from doing anything with a bomb. Easier to buy a gun in certain places. Just like it is easier to hijack a truck or some other mass violence device.

Imagine if people on average were smarter.

Surprisingly, historical data tends to show the opposite (https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/upshot/gun-deaths-are-mostly-suicides.html?_r=0). I would have presumed that as well, though. But the ease of access and the...efficacy...of firearms in suicide attempts really makes a huge difference.

It is surprising, at least in the USA. Coming from a knowledge the world is overpopulated though, if people want to kill themselves, even if it is on an emotional whim, perhaps we should be helping them rather than keeping them alive.

Liberal Hollywood actor speaks out on politics = crazy libtard out of touch millionaire who should just stfu

Conservative Hollywood actor speaks out on politics = hero and a patriot

You can't have your cake and eat it too....

Liberal Hollywood actor speaks out on politics = crazy libtard out of touch millionaire who should just stfu

Conservative Hollywood actor speaks out on politics = hero and a patriot

You can't have your cake and eat it too....

The conservative Hollywood approach on the 2nd amendment is obviously rational & thoughtful. The regressive Hollywood approach is not and purely elitist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back