Kovalev's Promoter: Stevenson is 40, We Want The 'Real' Fighters

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“It’s a beautiful division and there are a lot of fights to make,” Duva told BoxingScene.com “We have our work cut out for us since we are working with Sullivan Barrera and Dmitry Bivol and I think all three of our light heavyweights will be in the picture for title shots. Everyone’s going to start fighting and Sergey’s is back to being the man so it’s fun.”

Kovalev makes his return November 25th in The Theatre at Madison Square Garden against Slava Shabransky (19-1, 16 KO’s), live on HBO. The division seems wide open and with many fighters being with separate promoters, there might be an issue with making the best fights.

“Sergey managed to collect three titles without a tournament and from his perspective that’s what we’re going to try and do,“ explained the promoter. "The young guys in the division are real fighters and we’ll get deals done”

Kovalev unified the WBO, WBA, and IBF versions of the light heavyweight championship. The one that alluded him was the WBC which still belongs to Stevenson (29-1, 24 KO’s). Duva feels the ship has sailed on that fight and wonders what Stevenson is doing with his career.

“As far as Stevenson, if I had a nickel for every time he said he wants the fight, we literally went through everything and then he says [manager] Al [Haymon] said he didn’t want to do it. I think this week he’s 40, so happy birthday Adonis. So he’s 40 and I just don’t know what his future is and I don’t think he does either. That story is sadly played out and gone. It would have been terrific and apparently he didn’t want to make history."

Code:
[QUOTE] Article's text goes here [/QUOTE]
Code:
 Cited source (link) goes here

Stevenson will never get in the ring with Kova.

Christ, Adonis is 40 years old?

He spent his youth ruining lives, so it was a late start for him in a profession where you get hit back.

I'd like to see Stevenson fight Step Aside Money (because he has to), then Barrera in this case. I think there would be some fireworks there and Barrera deserves a shot at a big 3 title as much as anyone in the division.

Code:
[QUOTE] Article's text goes here [/QUOTE]
Code:
 Cited source (link) goes here
“It’s a beautiful division and there are a lot of fights to make,” Duva told BoxingScene.com

Go online yourself or you can post the news

“It’s a beautiful division and there are a lot of fights to make,” Duva told BoxingScene.com

Go online yourself or you can post the news

Duva could've told BoxingScene that and the article could've been picked up & republished elsewhere by another source referring to the original source, it happens. Is it really that hard to quote an article and post the link?

Duva could've told BoxingScene that and the article could've been picked up & republished elsewhere by another source referring to the original source, it happens. Is it really that hard to quote an article and post the link?
It has the source there...

Stop being a jackass and quote your fucking sources.

Seriously what the shit?

I have seen people ask him to quote or link sources a couple of dozen times and he just ignores them.

It takes two fucking seconds.

Seriously what the shit?

I have seen people ask him to quote or link sources a couple of dozen times and he just ignores them.

It takes two fucking seconds.
It doesn't make you look no and clever copying someone else's work, and at the end of the day who cares, say who said it and walk on by. If it makes you feel better being the first person who could be arsed to copy something off boxing scene then he should go touch himself.

It doesn't make you look no and clever copying someone else's work, and at the end of the day who cares, say who said it and walk on by. If it makes you feel better being the first person who could be arsed to copy something off boxing scene then he should go touch himself.

Didn't sherdog make a rule about it a few years back specifically talking about this? The copyright infringement of copy/pasting articles? I don't have a problem with copy/paste, but the LINK should definitely be included.

Article authors and publishers spend their own resources, and the least they deserve is some visitors or users.

Didn't sherdog make a rule about it a few years back specifically talking about this? The copyright infringement of copy/pasting articles? I don't have a problem with copy/paste, but the LINK should definitely be included.

Article authors and publishers spend their own resources, and the least they deserve is some visitors or users.
He should be getting the click traffic.

Back