KO, Submission, and Fight of the Year

Fight: Mcgregor vs Khabib. Two nations colliding, both fans and fighters. High stakes, biggest UFC fight of all time. This fight told a story, both before and after

I remember when FOTY award was more about the quality and excitement level of the fight rather than being about how big the stakes are. Good times

Many guys deserve to be fighter of the year, but I believe that DC and Khabib have achieved most.

Fight of the year: Rodriguez-Zombie. 5 round war with huge finish

KO of the year: Niko Price vs Randy Brown. You'll never see anything like that again

EminentAjarAfghanhound-size_restricted.gif

3:14
Khalidov vs. Santiago

I guess it is pretty rare, but I since it's happened twice at least, I wouldn't say it would never happen again.

KO of the year: Yair vs Zombie
Fight of the year: Manuwa vs Santos
Submission of the year: Zabit's suolev stretch (looked a lot nicer than Aljo's)

Pretty simple thread. What are your choices for those three categories? Generic topic and I'm sorry if one already exists. Your choice may change by the time 232 happens, but until then...

Fight: Mcgregor vs Khabib. Two nations colliding, both fans and fighters. High stakes, biggest UFC fight of all time. This fight told a story, both before and after.

KO: Yair vs Zombie. A last second out cold KO with a strike never used to finish on the 25th Anniversary of the company

Submission: Sterling vs Stamman via Suloev Stretch. We've seen this submission used two other times, once again that very night, but Aljamain had the meanest one
Pretty absurd one:

It was close but.......

Randy pulled it out right at the end

randy+couture+arm.jpg

Zabit, due to all the top ranked guys he’s beaten. Uncrowned champ

Serious tho, it’s DC hands down

I kind of breezed through this year and don't remember much, so is it still safe to say Fedor?

3:14
Khalidov vs. Santiago

I guess it is pretty rare, but I since it's happened twice at least, I wouldn't say it would never happen again.

Yeah, I remember that too.
Also there was Alavutdin Gadjiev, who knocked out someone in Japan after being MOUNTED.
I exagerrated a bit about "never will see", but it should be KOTY no doubt.

BTW Santiago-Khalidov 2 was a thing of beauty. Crazy close fight.
I would've honestly given a victory in 5 round fight to the guy who takes first and last, but well...

Hard to remember fights from the first couple months of the year off the top of my head but

FOTY - KZ v Yair
KO - Ortega v Edgar
Sub - Craig v Ankalaev (last second) or Oleinik v Albini (ezekial from the bottom) or that polish guy v that Indian guy via omoplata

Pretty simple thread. What are your choices for those three categories? Generic topic and I'm sorry if one already exists. Your choice may change by the time 232 happens, but until then...

Fight: Mcgregor vs Khabib. Two nations colliding, both fans and fighters. High stakes, biggest UFC fight of all time. This fight told a story, both before and after.

KO: Yair vs Zombie. A last second out cold KO with a strike never used to finish on the 25th Anniversary of the company

Submission: Sterling vs Stamman via Suloev Stretch. We've seen this submission used two other times, once again that very night, but Aljamain had the meanest one
Cucuy vs Showtime, maybe...

Have to give Poirier-Gaethje an HM for fight of the year.

Back