KO, Submission, and Fight of the Year

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Pretty simple thread. What are your choices for those three categories? Generic topic and I'm sorry if one already exists. Your choice may change by the time 232 happens, but until then...

Fight: Mcgregor vs Khabib. Two nations colliding, both fans and fighters. High stakes, biggest UFC fight of all time. This fight told a story, both before and after.

KO: Yair vs Zombie. A last second out cold KO with a strike never used to finish on the 25th Anniversary of the company

Submission: Sterling vs Stamman via Suloev Stretch. We've seen this submission used two other times, once again that very night, but Aljamain had the meanest one

Pretty simple thread. What are your choices for those three categories? Generic topic and I'm sorry if one already exists. Your choice may change by the time 232 happens, but until then...

Fight: Mcgregor vs Khabib. Two nations colliding, both fans and fighters. High stakes, biggest UFC fight of all time. This fight told a story, both before and after.

KO: Yair vs Zombie. A last second out cold KO with a strike never used to finish on the 25th Anniversary of the company

Submission: Sterling vs Stamman via Suloev Stretch. We've seen this submission used two other times, once again that very night, but Aljamain had the meanest one

Fight of the year: Rodriguez-Zombie. 5 round war with huge finish
MerryDenseAsiansmallclawedotter-size_restricted.gif

FaroffParchedIndianjackal-max-1mb.gif

KO of the year: Niko Price vs Randy Brown. You'll never see anything like that again

EminentAjarAfghanhound-size_restricted.gif

Sub of the year: Oleinik ezekiel choke is ALWAYS the right answer

ezekiel_choke_Oleynik.jpg

Last edited:
With this year coming to an end, who do you have as your fighter of the year?

Zabit´s Suloev Stretch

dc. 3 wins, 3 stoppages, 2 belts. defended both

Fight: Yair-KZ
KO: Yair
Submission: Mir submission to strikes

Fought 5 times in less then a calendar year.
4 in 2018
Mad respect for your boi

But for Real gotta go with

Coming back from this is crazy

Zabit´s Suloev Stretch
I was on the fence. Zabit definitely had the more aesthetically pleasing one. Aljo had the one that's like "oh shit he's never gonna walk again!!!" Against a very tough opponent too

I was on the fence. Zabit definitely had the more aesthetically pleasing one. Aljo had the one that's like "oh shit he's never gonna walk again!!!" Against a very tough opponent too
Zabit´s was more 'fluid' imo...

Zabit´s was more 'fluid' imo...
You can definitely make the arguement that that was sub of the year, it spoke for itself. It's a travesty neither hold even won a POTN on that card...

Back