Knowingly breaking your opponents limbs really bad

Khabib couldn't even sub abel, then Tibau subbed Abel in just a few moments. his sub game is solid but he doesn't even go for them anymore except MJ who gets subbed by anyone who takes him down. If he gets a sub it will probably be a RNC.

Khabib isn't a finisher. If he gets the finish it'll be through attrition.

What if Conor keeps hammer-fisting Khabibs face after he knocks him out.
Maybe the referee will be too slow and Khabib will get a skull fracture.
How will you feel about that? Is that a dick move?

What if Conor keeps hammer-fisting Khabibs face after he knocks him out.
Maybe the referee will be too slow and Khabib will get a skull fracture.
How will you feel about that? Is that a dick move?
No, because you are to fight until you are told to stop. It's also hard to envision a scenario where if Khabib is KO'd, that Conor will have more than one or two chances to get a hammer fist off. Because I highly doubt Khabib is going to be in half guard, full guard, mount, or side control to be in a position to be hammer fisted. It's probably be from a one punch or a ko from against the cage and Conor following down, which the referee would be all over.

There's usually ample time to tap so the dick in this case would be Conor.

Though imagining him shrieking in pain Anderson-style cracked me up. :cool:
He's talking about jerking the sub to try and break it so fast they can't tap like Mir
It's not uncommon... The fight's on until it's over. I could be wrong but I don't think it's illegal to perform a full throat punch, I hope that's banned. This is why the athletic commissions threaten to revoke licenses and must be pacified "Oh, they're selling!".
Striking the throat is illegal

IDK if there was beef there but Aoki seems pissed that he had to do that cuz dude was tryin to be cool and not tap.

But uhh yeah Rousimar Palhares is the correct answer

Aoki basically said he doesn't know who Hirota is because he fights in the b leagues and Hirota said he'll know who he is when he knocked him out for being so arrogant. Aoki is just a spastic disrespectful piece of shit.

• Steve Cantwell did it when his opponent refused to tap. opponent's fault.
  • Mir pulls so hard after sinking subs so fast that his opponents don't have time to tap. no one's fault.
  • Palhares let's go well after the tap. not OK.
i guess you're asking if Khabib will pull a Mir. i would argue he cannot. his strength will be closer to Cantwells.

but ya, if he sinks it and cranks and it breaks before a tap or a ref involvement....no one's fault, that's the game, and only the worst Conor fans (e.g. most of them) would claim he did anything wrong.
Palhares is developmentally disabled so he doesn't count either

Would it be a dick move if Khabib broke one of Conor's limbs without giving him the time to tap out?

We all buy into the hype and the alleged animosity but in reality these guys are competitors not dead-eyed soulless monsters. You know why they shake hands/hug after a hard fought battle? Respect. Bleed with someone for a common cause and it creates a bond.

Remember when Uriah Hall knocked out Adam Cella on TUF? The Hall was so fucked up I honestly think he had PTSD because, for a few minutes, he sincerely thought he killed that kid.

These guys don't want to maim or murder each other. They just pretend they want to for their dopy fans.

I would hate to be Conor with an angry Khabib on top of me after all that stupid shit he said.

Khabib is either gonna permanently rearrange his face or snap every tendon, ligament, blood vessel, and nerve in one of his limbs.

Not how it works. It takes longer to break a limb than that. Nog could've tapped but hesitated - Mir lightly yanked and Nog didn't tap, so Mir snapped it. Had Nog's arm broken during the extension and not had time to decide whether or not to tap, that would be fair.

"Fighting to injure" is a dick move, but many fighters have the "Tap or Snap" attitude
Frank Shamrock has said that in one of his earlier fights he put an opponent in a sub but didn't want to hurt him so he didn't yank on it and ended up losing the position and the fight.

After that it was "tap or snap" mentality.

I would hate to be Conor with an angry Khabib on top of me after all that stupid shit he said.

Khabib is either gonna permanently rearrange his face or snap every tendon, ligament, blood vessel, and nerve in one of his limbs.
Or Conor can just tap to strikes and take the easy way out.

We all buy into the hype and the alleged animosity but in reality these guys are competitors not dead-eyed soulless monsters. You know why they shake hands/hug after a hard fought battle? Respect. Bleed with someone for a common cause and it creates a bond.

Remember when Uriah Hall knocked out Adam Cella on TUF? The Hall was so fucked up I honestly think he had PTSD because, for a few minutes, he sincerely thought he killed that kid.

These guys don't want to maim or murder each other. They just pretend they want to for their dopy fans.

I would love to believe that. But I don't think these guys respect each other anymore. I don't expect a fist bump or even friendly talk after the fight. I believe they legit hate each other to the bone and this feud will probably also not end after the fight.

I would love to believe that. But I don't think these guys respect each other anymore. I don't expect a fist bump or even friendly talk after the fight. I believe they legit hate each other to the bone and this feud will probably also not end after the fight.

Of course there are some legit feuds and some sincere animosity...but generally speaking, even when there is serious bad blood I don't think these guys want to do permanent damage.

You do have a point though with he "anymore" part. Things are changing and there seems to be more and more fighters that lack the mentality of the honorable warrior, one who respects a worthy foe.

I kind of think of it like gangsters. Back in the old days there were unwritten rules of respectful warfare. You didn't hit your opponents family. You didn't shoot up funerals. And you didn't torture when it wasn't necessary. It was like a MAD situation. With the idea being "If I do this shit to you, you're gonna do it back to me. So lets just not fucking do it"...nowadays these ghetto fucks will shoot your children, blast up a funeral and do any vile degenerate thing they can to earn "street cred". Just a bunch of FAS/crack babies with no concept of cause & effect.

Of course there are some legit feuds and some sincere animosity...but generally speaking, even when there is serious bad blood I don't think these guys want to do permanent damage.

You do have a point though with he "anymore" part. Things are changing and there seems to be more and more fighters that lack the mentality of the honorable warrior, one who respects a worthy foe.

I kind of think of it like gangsters. Back in the old days there were unwritten rules of respectful warfare. You didn't hit your opponents family. You didn't shoot up funerals. And you didn't torture when it wasn't necessary. It was like a MAD situation. With the idea being "If I do this shit to you, you're gonna do it back to me. So lets just not fucking do it"...nowadays these ghetto fucks will shoot your children, blast up a funeral and do any vile degenerate thing they can to earn "street cred". Just a bunch of FAS/crack babies with no concept of cause & effect.

With the ''anymore'' part I actually meant that they used to be cool with each other, until Conor came to the LW division and skipped all contenders in the division, just to be granted a title shot against Alvarez by uncle Dana, while Tony and Khabib were there. This changed everything between them. Than the beef with Artem, which made it only worse, and now the press conference with serious foul play by Conor about Khabib's family. People from the Caucasus region have very strong sense of family honor and code, and they won't forgive you after you tried to ransack their family name/pride and tried to make them loose face. It looks like Conor started a vendetta and I truly believe this feud will not end until they settle it outside the cage once again.

Frank Shamrock has said that in one of his earlier fights he put an opponent in a sub but didn't want to hurt him so he didn't yank on it and ended up losing the position and the fight.

After that it was "tap or snap" mentality.
Fedor said the same thing about Hunt, ala the armbar escape in about the 4th minute.

Would it be a dick move if Khabib broke one of Conor's limbs without giving him the time to tap out? It would be perfectly lawful to do so, but that does not mean he has to. Many MMA fighters get the chance to break their opponents limbs pretty often, but don't do it because its not a matter of life and death and its a possible career ender. But as we have all seen, Conor was saying some pretty nasty stuff during the press conference. This could have been the last push Khabib needed to really hurt him.

I am not a fan of Conor and his obnoxious persona, but I really do not wish this for him. Shinya Aoki breaking Mizuto Hirota's arm still gives me the chills. What are your thoughts?

Tap or snap
Or
Tap or nap

MMA is full contact...you think Conor would think twice about breaking khabib eye socket or nose with a strike..anytime you put a submission on you must be willing to go all the way with it..at the end of the day they can tap to save there limb..

But knowingly knocking them out and giving them brain damage is perfectly fine.

To be fair, Hirota could/should have tapped. With Aoki in that position there was no escape. I think that's why Aoki gave him the finger. To say "fuck you, why did you make me do that?!"

Some people really talk like Conor is a lamb being led to slaughter. Like they feel bad for him.

It's okay. Conor is a hell of a fighter and even if he loses, he knows what he's getting into.

Don’t think he does

He’s way over his head n khabib will probably be brutal

Imagine barboza or Johnson fight x 100

lol awww kabob is some huge limb breaking monster in the mind of the Conor haters lel, he can't even finish a real estate agent tho

With the ''anymore'' part I actually meant that they used to be cool with each other, until Conor came to the LW division and skipped all contenders in the division, just to be granted a title shot against Alvarez by uncle Dana, while Tony and Khabib were there. This changed everything between them. Than the beef with Artem, which made it only worse, and now the press conference with serious foul play by Conor about Khabib's family. People from the Caucasus region have very strong sense of family honor and code, and they won't forgive you after you tried to ransack their family name/pride and tried to make them loose face. It looks like Conor started a vendetta and I truly believe this feud will not end until they settle it outside the cage once again.
A vendetta is a Sicilian thing but we get what you mean

Back