Knowingly breaking your opponents limbs really bad

and 68 others like this

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Would it be a dick move if Khabib broke one of Conor's limbs without giving him the time to tap out? It would be perfectly lawful to do so, but that does not mean he has to. Many MMA fighters get the chance to break their opponents limbs pretty often, but don't do it because its not a matter of life and death and its a possible career ender. But as we have all seen, Conor was saying some pretty nasty stuff during the press conference. This could have been the last push Khabib needed to really hurt him.

I am not a fan of Conor and his obnoxious persona, but I really do not wish this for him. Shinya Aoki breaking Mizuto Hirota's arm still gives me the chills. What are your thoughts?

There's usually ample time to tap so the dick in this case would be Conor.

Though imagining him shrieking in pain Anderson-style cracked me up. :cool:

• Steve Cantwell did it when his opponent refused to tap. opponent's fault.
  • Mir pulls so hard after sinking subs so fast that his opponents don't have time to tap. no one's fault.
  • Palhares let's go well after the tap. not OK.
i guess you're asking if Khabib will pull a Mir. i would argue he cannot. his strength will be closer to Cantwells.

but ya, if he sinks it and cranks and it breaks before a tap or a ref involvement....no one's fault, that's the game, and only the worst Conor fans (e.g. most of them) would claim he did anything wrong.

He already said before that he was going to break Tony's arm and Tony was like "break my arm so what"
God knows what he will do to Conor

Some people really talk like Conor is a lamb being led to slaughter. Like they feel bad for him.

It's okay. Conor is a hell of a fighter and even if he loses, he knows what he's getting into.

There's usually ample time to tap so the dick in this case would be Conor.

Though imagining him shrieking in pain Anderson-style cracked me up. :cool:

You have a point. But what if he not gives Conor the time to tap out. I really don't know how to feel about it. I guess its all part of the game. You signed up for it.

It's not uncommon... The fight's on until it's over. I could be wrong but I don't think it's illegal to perform a full throat punch, I hope that's banned. This is why the athletic commissions threaten to revoke licenses and must be pacified "Oh, they're selling!".

It's a fight. Is it a dick move if Conor knocks Khabib out cold before the referee stops It?

You have a point. But what if he did not give Conor the time to tap out. I really don't know how to feel about it. I guess its all part of the game. You signed up for it.

Not how it works. It takes longer to break a limb than that. Nog could've tapped but hesitated - Mir lightly yanked and Nog didn't tap, so Mir snapped it. Had Nog's arm broken during the extension and not had time to decide whether or not to tap, that would be fair.

"Fighting to injure" is a dick move, but many fighters have the "Tap or Snap" attitude

TS admitting Conor is in Khabibs head?

re-read my post, it should solidify how you feel about it.

I missed that because I was typing a comment. You probably are right. I don't think Khabib has that much power over Conor strength wise. But it all comes to technique. Khabib masters it and Conor...not so, really.

Not how it works. It takes longer to break a limb than that. Nog could've tapped but hesitated - Mir lightly yanked and Nog didn't tap, so Mir snapped it. Had Nog's arm broken during the extension and not had time to decide whether or not to tap, that would be fair.

"Fighting to injure" is a dick move, but many fighters have the "Tap or Snap" attitude
agreed. the true snap was when Sylvia tried to pull out of it and only made it halfway, mid-crank. and that was Mir putting 230lbs onto hold that is, frankly, ended up in the wrong place.

i hate to use the word 'fluke' because it creates so much defensiveness around here....but that was a pretty unlikely and obscure situation that will rarely if ever repeat.

but if Khabib pulls an Aoki on Connor's ass...

well, them's the breaks.

Sportsmanship is only for before and after the fight. During the fight, if it's within the rules, it's fine.

• Steve Cantwell did it when his opponent refused to tap. opponent's fault.
  • Mir pulls so hard after sinking subs so fast that his opponents don't have time to tap. no one's fault.
  • Palhares let's go well after the tap. not OK.
i guess you're asking if Khabib will pull a Mir. i would argue he cannot. his strength will be closer to Cantwells.

but ya, if he sinks it and cranks and it breaks before a tap or a ref involvement....no one's fault, that's the game, and only the worst Conor fans (e.g. most of them) would claim he did anything wrong.
Thread

Would it be a dick move if Khabib broke one of Conor's limbs without giving him the time to tap out? It would be perfectly lawful to do so, but that does not mean he has to. Many MMA fighters get the chance to break their opponents limbs pretty often, but don't do it because its not a matter of life and death and its a possible career ender. But as we have all seen, Conor was saying some pretty nasty stuff during the press conference. This could have been the last push Khabib needed to really hurt him.

I am not a fan of Conor and his obnoxious persona, but I really do not wish this for him. Shinya Aoki breaking Mizuto Hirota's arm still gives me the chills. What are your thoughts?

IDK if there was beef there but Aoki seems pissed that he had to do that cuz dude was tryin to be cool and not tap.

But uhh yeah Rousimar Palhares is the correct answer

Back