Knee to the head KO in MT

A different question: why do Thais often seem unfazed by middle kicks and knees to the body? Whereas it's not uncommon for non-Thais in high level kickboxing to go down and be badly hurt by them?

body conditioning.

i didnt know that, i am surprised, thats the events with the headgear, chest pad, shinpads, all the pads, and they allow knees to the face? I just took a look at their website, I couldnt find anything about knees to the face legal. Where did you find this info? I am still going to guess knees to the face are illegal,Why have all the pads then if they are going to allow knees to the head.
As a matter of fact, I've started this thread after I saw a knee-to-the-head-KO on an IFMA-ruled event. They don't wear chest and knee pads, btw.

Knee2head is not among fouls:
http://www.ifmamuaythai.org/technical-reference/muaythai-rules/18-fouls/

Moreover, it's explicitly banned on youth bouts:
http://www.ifmamuaythai.org/technical-reference/muaythai-rules/29-rules_juniors/
which kinda assumes it's legal for adults.

what events are where they wear all that gear, chest and elbow pads

you would think they have a spot that lists the legal strikes. best bet would be to contact them i guess

A different question: why do Thais often seem unfazed by middle kicks and knees to the body? Whereas it's not uncommon for non-Thais in high level kickboxing to go down and be badly hurt by them?
what's going to hurt more; Badr Hari kicking you in the liver or a 115 lbs Thai teenager kicking you in the liver?

I'm looking for some nice examples of knee-to-the-head KO's by notable fighters but can't find them. Are there any?

Also, is there any reason why all I could find was
1) performed by westerners
2) in some seemingly irrelevant low-level bouts?

It looks to me like either there's some gentlemen's agreement in Thai scene not to throw such strikes, or they are practically impossible if your opponent is good enough in clinch (i dunno really, those are my wild guesses). Or are they just banned?

@0:49
I miss K1 Max.

what's going to hurt more; Badr Hari kicking you in the liver or a 115 lbs Thai teenager kicking you in the liver?

I'm talking about even weight. Like Kiria was "known" for his durability but got murked by Sittichai with ease.

I'm looking for some nice examples of knee-to-the-head KO's by notable fighters but can't find them. Are there any?

Also, is there any reason why all I could find was
1) performed by westerners
2) in some seemingly irrelevant low-level bouts?

It looks to me like either there's some gentlemen's agreement in Thai scene not to throw such strikes, or they are practically impossible if your opponent is good enough in clinch (i dunno really, those are my wild guesses). Or are they just banned?

There are definitely some gentleman's agreements going on in Thailand but I think the common idea is that its a more difficult technique to pull off and most Thai's fight very conservatively.

When I fought in Thailand, one of my opponents politely asked me not to throw elbows. Of course, I thought it might be a game he was playing, but I agreed nonetheless. in low-level bouts like the bouts that I was in, dudes over there are just doing it for the paycheck and will quit relatively easily compared to western fighters. They just don't want to also have to deal with a huge cut on their forehead or something when they get the fight purse.

Neither of us threw any elbows, I "KO'd" him in the first round with jab-hook-overhand combo.

these Stadium pigs should hire Edson Barboza MT coach,ha can make the lagged Moo Tae in a more fluid combat sport

just look on what he is making on MMA,versatile,efficient and powerful kicks-knees,there is no clinching hability to stop this guy from his way of guided knee to the head KO´s

these Stadium pigs should hire Edson Barboza MT coach,ha can make the lagged Moo Tae in a more fluid combat sport

just look on what he is making on MMA,versatile,efficient and powerful kicks-knees,there is no clinching hability to stop this guy from his way of guided knee to the head KO´s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back