Kicking and Squats?

Fatigue reduces coordination. Thus you shouldn't train technique while fatigued, until you have that technique down without conscious thought.

Conditioning after technique.
no no no Condition FIRST then technique.

how many times you seen a tired fighter fight super sloppy? Anyone can look good while fresh. But not everyone can look good while tired. If you have perfect form while tired, you will have perfect form while fresh.

Always condition FIRST then work on technique.

Also, you can condition more while fresh. You can do more squats fresh than tired thus more gains. So if you want more gains and better techniques then you want to condition first before technique.

And I agree with spacetime. Fighting and training shortens ones life. It's best not to train at all. Look at all the centenarians. None of them trained. All the athletes and fighters die young. Rarely do they reach their senior years and if they do, they have a plethora of health problems.

no no no Condition FIRST then technique.

how many times you seen a tired fighter fight super sloppy? Anyone can look good while fresh. But not everyone can look good while tired. If you have perfect form while tired, you will have perfect form while fresh.

Always condition FIRST then work on technique.

Also, you can condition more while fresh. You can do more squats fresh than tired thus more gains. So if you want more gains and better techniques then you want to condition first before technique.

And I agree with spacetime. Fighting and training shortens ones life. It's best not to train at all. Look at all the centenarians. None of them trained. All the athletes and fighters die young. Rarely do they reach their senior years and if they do, they have a plethora of health problems.

Absolutely not. That's a completely uneducated opinion.

It CAN be beneficial to focus on MAINTAINING technique while fatigued. Trying to develop technique while fatigued is simply an uneducated approach. It will be counterproductive.

Absolutely not. That's a completely uneducated opinion.

It CAN be beneficial to focus on MAINTAINING technique while fatigued. Trying to develop technique while fatigued is simply an uneducated approach. It will be counterproductive.
How is it counterproductive? So I guess everyone should stop training when they're tired cuz it will be counter productive. No point in pushing yourself. Or you're content in having sloppy techniques while fatigued in a fight?

If you don't train for it, you won't be able to do it in a fight. Guess I should just drop dead after reaching a certain level of fatigue.

Like I said, if you can do it fatigue, you can do it fresh.

How is it counterproductive? So I guess everyone should stop training when they're tired cuz it will be counter productive. No point in pushing yourself. Or you're content in having sloppy techniques while fatigued in a fight?

If you don't train for it, you won't be able to do it in a fight. Guess I should just drop dead after reaching a certain level of fatigue.

Like I said, if you can do it fatigue, you can do it fresh.

I already explained that. Fatigue reduces coordination. If you're trying to do your technical training while fatigued, you're slowing down your own progress.

I never said to stop training when you're tired. That's dramatically different from purposely tiring yourself out, then training technique. Read my post again. I also said that it can be beneficial to practice maintaining technique while fatigued. However, if you haven't already developed that technique, you're just sabotaging your own technique work.

Nobody ever said there's no point in pushing yourself. If you want to practice your technique while fatigued, do it by throwing your techniques until you're tired then pushing yourself to maintain form. Don't do it by pointlessly mixing your technique and conditioning work. That's ineffective and inefficient, and only really done to give people the feeling that they got their money's worth for a workout.

whats that quote? "fatigue makes cowards of us all" ?

its best to do conditioning toward the end of a session, at least in my experience.

Warm up
Technique
Drills / Pads until fatigue sets in
Conditioning / Burnouts

There IS a benefit to fighting tired - it'll build character in the face of adversity.

But fighting tired at the expense of technique. .. that is a waste in my opinion.

On some sparring days, we end with shark attacks where a person does 1 round with the entire class non stop (sometimes clinching only) then the next person, etc.

Now I can't tell which posts are serious replies and which are trolling.

Exactly what physicality are you trying to build doing squats as a kicker?

Your main focus is opening the flexibility in your hips and hamstrings and improving muscle and reflex speed, plus cardio endurance.

How is doing squats improving that?

Train smart not strong!

I like box jumps for kick development. Hi jumps for power, mid jumps rapidly to help develop long range foot work endurance. Similar to jumping rope for boxing.

Exactly what physicality are you trying to build doing squats as a kicker?

Your main focus is opening the flexibility in your hips and hamstrings and improving muscle and reflex speed, plus cardio endurance.

How is doing squats improving that?

Train smart not strong!

Squat is an excellent workout for general conditionning, and also trains harmstring and hip. However, it's " just " conditionning
and kicking motion is different.

I would be glad to hear your opinion about this workout for legs: ( i think the exercice at 0.40 min is a knee blaster.... )

Squat is an excellent workout for general conditionning, and also trains harmstring and hip. However, it's " just " conditionning
and kicking motion is different.

I would be glad to hear your opinion about this workout for legs: ( i think the exercice at 0.40 min is a knee blaster.... )

Just found this clip.

Anything Kurbanov drills is going to be legit. The points I see is training explosiveness from the low stances. Some short height not fully extending the legs some high jumps. What makes it applicable is the dynamic movement where it's stretching the legs with speed.

I did think of squats like Olympic lifters hen I first read the post. My point is to build fast dynamic and varied power that can be applied to the complex movement of kicks rather than slow one dimensional movements.

The guy is BEAST!

I tried this workout and it really burns legs lol, i m just asking myself that the exercice at 0.4 min seems to be really dangerous for knees...

I tried this workout and it really burns legs lol, i m just asking myself that the exercice at 0.4 min seems to be really dangerous for knees...

Yes........you don't need to be rocket scientist to figure that..

Training technique while fatigued just means you're programming yourself to move like you're fatigued even when you're fresh.

Old Japanese drill. A physician Judo instructor said to keep your weight in your heels and out of you knees. Start with duck walks and progress to hops. When you get you balance trained on those to protect you knees you could advance to that drill.

All those are great drills.

Old Japanese drill. A physician Judo instructor said to keep your weight in your heels and out of you knees. Start with duck walks and progress to hops. When you get you balance trained on those to protect you knees you could advance to that drill.

All those are great drills.

I totally agree with you, but it seems to me that this specific exercice ( like all "duck walking" drills with weight on the ball of the foot ) are knee blasters ...

I totally agree with you, but it seems to me that this specific exercice ( like all "duck walking" drills with weight on the ball of the foot ) are knee blasters ...
Can't argue with that!

LOL!

Train hard, but train smart!

They are from a biomechanical point of view. The leverage on your knee joint is brutal and will destroy carthilage. I would not recommend this at all. Yes it is done in many gyms but thats more because of their "traditional" training methods. Bad habits die hard.

Even at the professional level there are many athletes doing strenght and stretching like its the scientific stone age.

Explosive movements in training only down to 90° knee angle and strenght / endurance with classic squats with barbell if you have mastered the technique. That would be my recommendation but there sure are many more that work.

You can use the apple/android app BarSense to check if you do a proper repetition but please get professional guidance if you never done it.

Back