Kicking and Squats?

biggino

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
When you guys train kicks on a heavy bag or pads, do you guy prefer doing body weight squats before or after the kicking session and why thanks. Curious to other peoples theories and methods.thanks in advance

If it’s in one session it’s definitely technique first, conditioning second.

You don’t want to be too tired to perform good kicks, on the other hand body weight squats arent as complex a movement

Fatigue reduces coordination. Thus you shouldn't train technique while fatigued, until you have that technique down without conscious thought.

Conditioning after technique.

When you guys train kicks on a heavy bag or pads, do you guy prefer doing body weight squats before or after the kicking session and why thanks. Curious to other peoples theories and methods.thanks in advance

You should NOT kick the heavy bag at all. This was an outdated concept from the 70s that damaged plenty of TaeKwondo guys knees!

You should NOT kick the heavy bag at all. This was an outdated concept from the 70s that damaged plenty of TaeKwondo guys knees!

lol, be interesting to see some studies from reliable sources to back up such claim. care to share? thanks mate.

Squats are bad for your knees too. I think it’s better to just not exercise

Wow. We all knew you didn't know shit about punching. Turns out you don't know shit about kicking either.

Fatigue reduces coordination. Thus you shouldn't train technique while fatigued, until you have that technique down without conscious thought.

Conditioning after technique.

/thread. For the love of God!

Squats are bad for your knees too. I think it’s better to just not exercise

I never agreed he should do squats either but kicking a heavy bag is stupid. There are far better things available specifically for kickers that don't ruin you knees in the long run.

"...but kicking a heavy bag is stupid. There are far better things available specifically for kickers that don't ruin you knees in the long run."

<{Joewithit}>

With a post that stupid, I kind of want to see what other gems spacetime has said over the years.

Capoeiristas dont kick the heavy bag. And they are the best kickers on this planet.

Nak muays kick the heavy bag all the time. And they have the most telegraphed kicks of all kicking arts. No snap. They use the body weight instead. Just horrible stuff.

So spacetime might be on to something.

<{natewhut}>

Capoeiristas dont kick the heavy bag. And they are the best kickers on this planet.

Nak muays kick the heavy bag all the time. And they have the most telegraphed kicks of all kicking arts. No snap. They use the body weight instead. Just horrible stuff.

So spacetime might be on to something.

<{natewhut}>

Best kickers in the world are Kyokushin-Kais.

I think best kickers are whatever you think is most important in kicks...eg quickest kickers, longest range kickers, least telegraphed kickers, most easily thrown and landed kicks. But i think who the best kickers are is a whole new debate on its own. thanks everyone for the replys i also like to kick first and squat after. i just know a reputable muay thai.guy who does the opposite and thought i was missing something thanks for replies

How did I miss the gold in this thread. Awesome.

I think best kickers are whatever you think is most important in kicks...eg quickest kickers, longest range kickers, least telegraphed kickers, most easily thrown and landed kicks. But i think who the best kickers are is a whole new debate on its own. thanks everyone for the replys i also like to kick first and squat after. i just know a reputable muay thai.guy who does the opposite and thought i was missing something thanks for replies

The best kickers are those that beat other kickers in kicking only formats.

Back