Khonry Gracie (Royce's Son) vs Devon Brock Last Night

sorry but yes it is very relevant until you have felt the pressure of fighting or experienced adversity in a cage against a skilled fighter you have no legit opinion

There's a few different sides to the discussion. Anyone can have a opinion. You don't need to step in there to experience it first hand to have a opinion otherwise about 99% of us here would have to leave these forums.

Just bear in mind however, that a criticism should be fair and IMO, most importantly never crosses the line to abuse.

Khonry Gracie could be a bum. But how does one come to that conclusion (fairly) after their first fight? Look at Aaron Pico for example. In hindsight, he was overmatched in his first fight (experience wise) but has now bounced back. Some people have even elevated him back to "blue chip, can't miss prospect" terrirory.

There's a few different sides to the discussion. Anyone can have a opinion. You don't need to step in there to experience it first hand to have a opinion otherwise about 99% of us here would have to leave these forums.

Just bear in mind however, that a criticism should be fair and IMO, most importantly never crosses the line to abuse.

Khonry Gracie could be a bum. But how does one come to that conclusion (fairly) after their first fight? Look at Aaron Pico for example. In hindsight, he was overmatched in his first fight (experience wise) but has now bounced back. Some people have even elevated him back to "blue chip, can't miss prospect" terrirory.

again yes people can have an opinion but when people which 99% dont just come in with a normal opinion they come here to slander fighters take pics of them being koed and shitting on them that is totally disrespectful

again yes people can have an opinion but when people which 99% dont just come in with a normal opinion they come here to slander fighters take pics of them being koed and shitting on them that is totally disrespectful

shooping fighters have been a tradition on sherdog for almost 20 years. When you entertain people for a living it comes with the territory. That is one of the prices you pay for fame and fortune.

shooping fighters have been a tradition on sherdog for almost 20 years. When you entertain people for a living it comes with the territory. That is one of the prices you pay for fame and fortune.
does it really make you feel better to shit on another human being? i could never see why people do that i guess having a shitty life job and no talent would make them hate the person deep down so anything they can do to feel better is what they do

does it really make you feel better to shit on another human being? i could never see why people do that i guess having a shitty life job and no talent would make them hate the person deep down so anything they can do to feel better is what they do

Dude are you saying you have never talked shit about an actor, singer, comedian, athelete?

Dude are you saying you have never talked shit about an actor, singer, comedian, athelete?

talking shit about a spoilt brat actor whos famous is one thing talking shit about a fighter who went into the cage and fought his ass off and came up short to diss them for that is just pathetic and sad and most are just jealous they cant do that

talking shit about a spoilt brat actor whos famous is one thing talking shit about a fighter who went into the cage and fought his ass off and came up short to diss them for that is just pathetic and sad and most are just jealous they cant do that

My God you are full of double standards...

Fighters cant be spoiled brats? Lol youre just spitting out your biased feelings on the matter. How did you ever make it on Sherdog more than a day?

My God you are full of double standards...

Fighters cant be spoiled brats? Lol youre just spitting out your biased feelings on the matter. How did you ever make it on Sherdog more than a day?

because idc what fat balding mma fans who dont even know what a whizzer is has to say about me

Lol

Totally irrelevant. God forbid fans criticize a very weak performance on a forum. I can criticize a baseball player who goes 0-4 in a game without being able to hit a major league fastball. His performance did not meet the expectations of the venue in which he was competing. Whether anyone making that criticism could compete in that venue successfully or not hardly matters.

Actually I would agree with Kenny and your post as well.

I would accept fans that do not train to pass your type of judgment.

But we are not fans.

We train in bjj or judo.

We know what it takes to fight MMA.

I have team mates that fought MMA and had to be their sparring partner.

I had to endure the camp, wins and losses.

Nothing fun about it.

Because we are martial artist but will not fight for money does not mean that we are fans and therefore I think we owned to be more tactful on our criticism of people that decide to test them self in the cage.

Otherwise, well then we are just fans that are uneducated in the gentle art.

I had team mate taking short notice fight because of a team mate got injured. It was all about honor and your team or bjj Vs another team trying to prove something.

Last edited:
Everytime a young Gracie gets in the cage they always try the same shit they used to do back in the 90s

No standup skills whatsoever. No wrestling, trying to enter the clinch arms out head down while just stumbling forward praying for something to hold onto, taking shots from halfway across the cage, eating shots from their opponent which makes them do all of the above even more desperate and sloppy.

Even if they do manage to get the fight to the ground they are usually to beat up and/or tired to mount any offense. Or they get to the ground and realise "oh shit, not only is this guy kicking my ass on the feet and in the clinch, but his skills on the ground are actually pretty good too!"

Royce is one of my hero's, but lol, how many times do you and your guys have to get fucked up before you realize wrestling and striking are as necessary as jitz?

sorry but yes it is very relevant until you have felt the pressure of fighting or experienced adversity in a cage against a skilled fighter you have no legit opinion

Stepping into a cage does not automatically legitimise a opinion.

What happens if it's a complete 180 of where this thread is going? Let's go way out to the extreme. Let's say pick a champion, say Stipe Miocic (only using him cos he just fought and that's the first name that came to mind) comes in here after that performance and says "Khonry Gracie is the goods. Blue chip, can't miss. He needs a title shot right now, just not in my division cos he might beat me into nothingness no matter how hard I train". Are we all expected to buy what he's selling.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

What is being asked is that critiques are fair and there's no fighter bashing (which the mods are here to police).

lets call a spade a spade, he looked like shit and he didnt really even seem to want to win or anything, he was just kind of in there

ive had my best friends tell me i was a pussy after i lost a fight, and people i never knew tell me i was a killer after i won a fight...both people were allowed their opinion, none really mattered in the end

Back