Khamzat Chimaev or Shavkat Rakhmonov - Who's more likely to be champion in 2024?

Who's more likely to be champion in 2024?

• Total voters
Khamzat is already the champion of my nut sack

Want to see both in title fights next.

Tired of Leon vs "boxer" wrestlers, he needs to face a competent striker like Shavkat
Khamzat vs Strickland would be a good fight too

Shavkat.

Khamzat has legal troubles and is burdened by his political affiliation, which can make things real tricky with fighting in general. Also, Shavkat is already in contention together with Belal. He could possibly get it over Belal. While DDP is likely to get the TS at MW first and who knows what happens between now and the title fight after Strickland vs DDP.

It's not about who is the better fighter, but all the other factors that go into it

I don’t think the question is who is the better fighter, it’s How is Shavkat so damn superior to everyone he has fought that he is able to beat everyone with impunity. This guy is the shark in a pond full of goldfish. He threatens their extinction and he is the one to worry about if you’re Leon.

Nothing against goldfish.

I don’t think the question is who is the better fighter, it’s How is Shavkat so damn superior to everyone he has fought that he is able to beat everyone with impunity. This guy is the shark in a pond full of goldfish. He threatens their extinction and he is the one to worry about if you’re Leon.

Nothing against goldfish.

He didn't look that damned superior when fighting Geoff though. He showed real heart though.

Also, I think a lot of people see this aura of invincibility, but I wonder if those people have seen this.

Or this, again showing heart though.

Shavkat.

Khamzat isn't proven at 185. Sean Strickland and Dricus are big boys. Dricus especially will be tough to wrestle-fuck.

His stamina also looks like dogshit. Which doesn't make sense as he's supposed to be an animal in the gym. Needs to start EPOing or train in the mountains with the bathtub mafia.

Are they going to give khamzat the title fight after Strickland and ddp battle it out? Looks that way.

Shavkat is more active, is higher ranked, and is the more well-rounded fighter. He probably matches up better against his division's champion, as well.

Shavkat cuz he’s not a buster, like Glasszat

Khamzat will win it first. Shavkat has to wait for Belal plus edwards is ducking him

Khamzat’s last performance combined with him saying he’d rather be fighting in a war with a gun instead of fighting tells be he’s both a psychopath and done as a fighter.

Shavkat is just getting started.

Shavkat will be as soon as he gets a shot. He's also a far better fighter than Khamzat.

Shavkat.
He's an active fighter, imo that's a requirement to become champ.
Saying this and that on twitter and fighting once per year (if we're lucky) ain't gonna cut it.

Shavkat, because it seems like UFC is actually going to give him a title shot. Can't become champ when they won't give you a damn title shot.
{<shrug}

Both are awesomely tough and awesomely talented. I hope to see them both champions.
Shavkat consistently stops his opponents without ever having been stopped in his pro mma career, so that makes him more likely imo.
Too early to say how Khamzat adjusts to MW. I hope he's strong enough at the heavier weight and has the stamina to carry out his high octane pace.

Khamzat struggled vs his only 2 ranked opponents who were welterweights. He's never winning a belt at middleweight.

everybody replies that shavkat stays active and wins. nobody mentions that he has a 100% finish rate and some of those against fighters that were never submitted. he fights, he wins by finish. violently striking and never going for points. this guy is the obvious answer. he doesnt rush it either. he puts pressure on the opponent and when he sees an opportunity to finish the fight, he goes for it and gets it.

khamzat often goes all in and at some point he is not going to get the finish or the decision

Whoever gets there first title shot, will be champion imo.

6b2c3-16642166272302-1920.jpg

Khamzat wasted his career

Khamzat is arguably more talented, but he's undisciplined. He doesn't pace himself, and fights as if he should run over everyone. Shavkat is extremely good at optimizing his offensive output. One of the best I've ever seen, in fact. And I've been around.

Back