Khamzat Chimaev or Shavkat Rakhmonov - Who's more likely to be champion in 2024?

Who's more likely to be champion in 2024?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whoever gets there first title shot, will be champion imo.

6b2c3-16642166272302-1920.jpg

Shavkat, unless Khamzat goes back to WW.

Shavkats next fight is probably the Leon Belal winner (or Leon if they skip Belal lol). Who knows when Khamzat even fights again. And I’d really like to see him at least get a top 5 win at MW before he gets a title shot anyways.

Pereira, Strickland, Hill, Prochazka, and Aspinall were all relatively unknown or unranked when the Khamzat hype train started. They have all become champions, while Khamzat has remained undefeated but hasn’t fought for a belt. I don’t see the trend changing and don't think Khamzat will ever be champion.

I'd say Shavkhat because he is less likely to passed over for title shot than say Khamzat,the current MW champ is booked to fight a beast in DDP and whoever wins might have to fight Adesanya,and if we believe DDP might be moving up.

Shavkat.

Khamzat has legal troubles and is burdened by his political affiliation, which can make things real tricky with fighting in general. Also, Shavkat is already in contention together with Belal. He could possibly get it over Belal. While DDP is likely to get the TS at MW first and who knows what happens between now and the title fight after Strickland vs DDP.

It's not about who is the better fighter, but all the other factors that go into it

It is not even close. Shav fights and beats top guys in his weight class.

Khamzat is a social media guy who fights once a year and has never beaten any top 20 guys in his weight class. Khamzat had 1 fight in 2023, against a career Welterweight, and it was a shockingly close fight. His best win in his weight class, Meerschaert, ranked outside the top 30.

I think Shavkat is better compared to the competition in the Welterweight division than Khamzat is compared to the competition in the Middleweight division.

Khamzat hasn’t fought anyone ranked at Middleweight, won't have the size advantage that pairs well with his aggressive wrestling style at Welterweight, and has cardio issues.

Shavkat is proven at Welterweight.

The guy without visa issues.

Skills wise khamzat could be 3 division champ tomorrow but he ain’t active enough

Back